KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin turns to the darkside for NO REASON!

Anakin turns to the darkside for NO REASON!
Started by: Stacks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stacks

Anakin turns to the darkside for NO REASON!

I dont understand why Vader would remain loyal to the emperor after he finds out that Padme is dead... it defeats the whole purpose of why he changed..

I dont understand this Logic:
Emperor "turn to the dark side and you will have the power to save your wife"
Anakin -"Ok cool"

Anakin becomes Darth Vader - "where padme?"
Emperor- "oh shes dead, you killed her accidentally"
Anakin -"Shit, **** me! Oh well, lets go build a death star" The end

Should Darth be pissed at the emperor becuase he got screwed in the deal...

In addition, the emperor lies to darth about the cuase of her death, saying that she died when he choked her. If thats the case, then she would have died without giving birth to the luke and leia.

So then in "Empire Strikes Back" when Darth recognizes that he has a son.. Shouldn't he be ticked off at the Emperor for lying?

It seems like the Emperor keeps screwing over Anakin/Darth and obviously lying to him, and Vador doesn't get annoyed or bothered by it until the very end of return of the Jedi... like helllooooo you're getting played!
Does this make sense to anyone?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Stacks a Private Message Find more posts by Stacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Remaining loyal for no reason and turning for no reason are different things.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:17 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You think he's not ticked at the Emperor? Why do you think he even bothers trying to turn his son, so they can make a Sith garden and pick little black pansies? stick out tongue

The Emperor could quite literally kill him if he tried to overtake him in the Vader suit. At that point, no Dark-Sider had ever been redeemed, let alone a Sith Lord. Therefore, no point in trying to redeem himself, and I'm sure he was quite comfortable ruling the Galaxy...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:18 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stacks

ok then, so why does he remain loyal for no reason

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Stacks a Private Message Find more posts by Stacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Editted my post, should explain.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:20 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

It is often been belived that due to his life support suit Anakin cant challenge the Emperor due to lightning.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:20 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

It's true that Vader is being played and probably should be more pissed at palpy then he shows, but give him some credit. He is also playing the emperor in the OT also. There are several indications throughout that show that Vader would happily kill palps and replace him with an apprentice of his own (Luke)

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Vanquish supported what I said. smile

He is pissed, but he's not really in a state to go "Hey you #%@@#$!$@%^&^#$#$%$#%#$! You ****ed me over! I'm screwed! I'm gonna kill you!" because now he's slow and mechanical, and the Emperor would probably not need to whip out the lightsaber in order to remove him as a threat.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:25 AM
Stacks

Fair Points guys... but isnt it wierd because in Return of the Jedi, Vador just tosses him like a ragdoll over the ledge without a problem?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:30 AM
Batman316
The True Batman

so why doesn't Vader just kill Palpy in his sleep?

ok this could go in for ages. I think the answer is quite simply. The Jedi are gone, Padme is dead..... who else does Vader have except the man who was more or less is father figure?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

When Vader thinks he killed his own wife was not a lie to Anakin, the emperor and Vader both think they died. Not untill EP5 they find out about luke and leia. Remember, the Padme funeral, she still looks preganant as she lies in her coffin. It was a secret only, Obiwan, Organa, Yoda, R2, Owen and Peru knew

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:34 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadlyshot07
Jedi Knight

My opinion is that Vader was gonna kill Palpatine after he killed Obi Won but instead Vader lost and Palpatine came and saved his life so Vader decided not to kill Palpatine, since Palpatine carred about him and Padme was dead, Vader had no where else to go.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Deadlyshot07 a Private Message Find more posts by Deadlyshot07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Slap Batman's theory with mine and I think we have a winner.

However, Robin, the country of Peru did not know of this secret. wink

Plus, the lightning DID kill Vader when he hefted Palpatine over the ledge. He knew he was done for, why not end it in the best way that would make him the good guy after all?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:40 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX

However, Robin, the country of Peru did not know of this secret. wink

Plus, the lightning DID kill Vader when he hefted Palpatine over the ledge. He knew he was done for, why not end it in the best way that would make him the good guy after all?

Lol, Peru = Beru

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:44 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stacks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX

true... thanks for clearing that up...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:44 AM
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

My theory, after the jedi temple and turning against obi-wan, he himself probably realized there was no point in turning back, that is if he still was'nt completly blinded by hatred. Noone wants to think that they're evil. Even palpatine likes to pretend like he has just cause. Vader probably shifted the responsibility from himself for the death Padme to all other remaining jedi.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:18 AM
Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, but Palpatine DOES have a just cause. Who needs democracy and heroic Jedi anyway? stick out tongue

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:22 AM
Dark hoser
Sith Lord Hoser

pademe died of a broken heart . in the movie she says that and when the robot is checking her for illness he says she's healthy she doesnt have the will to live. and anakin joined the dark side to save pademe and also cause the jedi didnt trust him anymore. and also the lies lol. i hope that helps if it doesnt im srry

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Dark hoser a Private Message Find more posts by Dark hoser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I think Anakin realized that since he had nothing left, he might as well rule with his master and keep training. Maybe he believed that if one day he grew powerful enough he could leave the suit.

I think it made sense why he turned, and why he stayed. There was nothing left for him but being the Emperor's enforcer. And besides, it was a better job than a Jedi

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tormentor_2004
Restricted

Account Restricted

He turned to the dark side cuz he thinks Padme betrayed him by bringign obi along

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:15 AM
Click here to Send Tormentor_2004 a Private Message Find more posts by Tormentor_2004 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote