KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » To cheat death...

To cheat death...
Started by: palpy_666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
palpy_666
SITH LORD

To cheat death...

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved..." -Sidious

Who is this individual that has cheated death? Obviously it can't be Plagueis because he died! Or perhaps he is referring to Plagueis but it's a matter of how you interpret his statement. Any thoughts?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:33 PM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

the power to cheat death is to save other people from dying. it was plagueis

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:36 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Qui Gon??

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:36 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Of course Plagueis.....how should he know aboot Qui Gon?

And Plagueis had the power to cheat death...that he wasn'T able to use it after death doesn't change it

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

palpatine clearly stated that plaguious was able to cheat death for others but it couldnt save his own life.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:08 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SIC_666
You Made Me....

"The Dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unatural"

Maybe he cud sense qui-gon But he WAS talking about plaugies

"My god..The House of Ribs..Gone"

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:08 PM
Click here to Send SIC_666 a Private Message Find more posts by SIC_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOAD-LORD

Warning Emperor cheated death

I have a really cool theory about the emperor....ready for this, he is UNDEAD! Or at least he's unaturally extended his life. Who remembers in the second new one Attack of the clones when Obi won say.
"Master Syphadias died almost thirty years ago" Syphadias is Darth Sidious, get the connection? Thats why his face gets all freaky like that, it's revealing him for what he truly is. Cool huh, makes sense to me. Definitly Palpy doing some crazy godless thing here....any expansions on this!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:06 PM
Click here to Send TOAD-LORD a Private Message Find more posts by TOAD-LORD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Nope

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:17 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ulic Qel Droma

except TOAD-LORD, that Obi-Wan says Master Sifo Dyas died almost 10 years ago, not 30!!!!! laughing

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Ulic Qel Droma a Private Message Find more posts by Ulic Qel Droma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ctsketch

Re: Emperor cheated death

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TOAD-LORD
I have a really cool theory about the emperor....ready for this, he is UNDEAD! Or at least he's unaturally extended his life. Who remembers in the second new one Attack of the clones when Obi won say.
"Master Syphadias died almost thirty years ago" Syphadias is Darth Sidious, get the connection? Thats why his face gets all freaky like that, it's revealing him for what he truly is. Cool huh, makes sense to me. Definitly Palpy doing some crazy godless thing here....any expansions on this!

except that the identity of Sifo Dyas was explained in a book

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:01 PM
Click here to Send ctsketch a Private Message Find more posts by ctsketch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bubbapilot
Smuggler

I was under the impression that Plagueis was the only one to "cheat" death. Meaning that he had the ability to save or prolong another's life. In fact I believe that was a point that was trying to be made, that the Sith are trying to live forever and it is the Jedi (Qui-Gon) that have learned to live forever.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Bubbapilot a Private Message Find more posts by Bubbapilot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

ummmm...he was yankin' anakin's chain. like the time i told my little bro that drinking sour, curdled milk makes you get big muscles. i just wanted to see him ralph all over the floor. palpy just wanted anakin to go to the dark side. same thing.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:50 PM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

it was plaugies...he could keep others alive by manipulateing those uhhhh...i forget how to spell it but those things in the force that speak to you hear you....anyways he could cheat death, stop it from his loved ones but, his fear of losing his power blinded him from himself die ing

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

To "CHEAT DEATH" Meaning he could STAY ALIVE longer than he was ment too!!!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:54 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

possibly..but he never said anything about that only about him keeping his loved ones alive longer than they were meant to.

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hazkid

"he could save others from death...but not himself."
i loved palpy's reminiscent expressoin!

More funny Star Wars Pics!My Site!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:09 AM
Click here to Send hazkid a Private Message Find more posts by hazkid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
masterwindu
master jedi

maybe plagius used the power on sidious? shifty

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:45 PM
Click here to Send masterwindu a Private Message Find more posts by masterwindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: To cheat death...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by palpy_666
"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved..." -Sidious

Who is this individual that has cheated death? Obviously it can't be Plagueis because he died! Or perhaps he is referring to Plagueis but it's a matter of how you interpret his statement. Any thoughts?

It was Plageus, the irony was he could save everyone but himself.

There is also no reason to believe Palpatine was telling the truth about Plageus.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:29 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

It was Plagieus. Palpatine's statement that he could cheat death but he couldn't save himself was a statement of irony, not ability. It was not that Plagiues was incapable of cheating it himself, it's that it's ironic that he didn't. Palpatine also said he was killed in his sleep. That is why he could not save himself.

Obi-Wan seems pretty proficient at using the Jedi mindtrick.... he used it on the deathstick guy and the stormtroopers in ANH, for instance, but if he was asleep he couldn't use it, much the same way Plagiues could not use his death cheating ability when someone sneaks up on him in his sleep.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vincelorto

I registered just to answer this question. In the RotJ, Yoda says he's 800 or 900 years old. RotS is only 25 years or before this. The emperor could very well mean Master Yoda because at this point, he seems to be living forever.

Vince

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 01:40 AM
Click here to Send vincelorto a Private Message Find more posts by vincelorto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote