KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » "Only Sith deal in absolutes"

"Only Sith deal in absolutes"
Started by: The New History

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

"Only Sith deal in absolutes"

"Only Sith deal in absolutes." I don't like this at all. This should have been cut from the movie.

1. Sidious said evil or whatever is a point of view, kind of like, their really isn't such a thing as good and bad, just point of views, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the opposite of absolute?

2. If Jedi doesn't deal with absolutes then why are they saying the Sith is evil, and they seem to think their is right and wrong, the Jedi is basically based on absolutes.

3. This pretty much slams Christians, considering Christians deal in absolutes.

Last edited by The New History on May 24th, 2005 at 10:22 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:17 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkjedi132
SITH MASTER

oh, i never thought of that, but good point made, but it dosent slam christians, i mean no one should be offended by that, but i never thought about it

There is no death, There is the Force.

Last edited by darkjedi132 on May 24th, 2005 at 10:23 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:19 PM
Click here to Send darkjedi132 a Private Message Find more posts by darkjedi132 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the only christians that get offended by something like this are uptight about everything and see an attack in their religion in every movie, every ad, every whatever

it's NOT an attack on any religion, it's just a movie

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:21 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Oh please not this! Is a movie...is entertainment...thats all. Please don't do this to Star Wars. sad

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:23 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Ok then forget the Christan thing, I wasn't offended by it really, I just didn't like that line because it didn't make much sense from what they had said earlier in the movie.

Last edited by The New History on May 24th, 2005 at 10:27 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yerssot
the only christians that get offended by something like this are uptight about everything and see an attack in their religion in every movie, every ad, every whatever

it's NOT an attack on any religion, it's just a movie

agreed. thumb up just enjoy the movie. it's not likely that lucas wrote that line and said, "tht'll show them christians!" it's a movie called star wars. not religion wars. and i especially don't think gl would relate christians to the sith.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

but those Tuskan Raiders are clearly muslim wink

(for those that don't know, it's what someone said in another thread)

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:26 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

I thought it was a great line and may go down as one of the most memorable from the whole saga.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I thought it was a great line, perfectly executed. Basically confirming that Obi-Wan has no choice but to fight, that his friend is truly gone. Identifying him as a Sith would make the fight easier, and more justified and necessary in his mind, I would think.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:35 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

How is it a great line if Obi Wan and all the other Jedi deal in absolutes?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:38 PM
Obi-wan2005

sith are evil...they kill innocent and thrive for power their selfish.... sith probably do think in absolutes...they never say it but they act it....he was saying that just to get anakin even closer to the dark side (even though it is really point of views, but the dark sides is evil like i said before they arnt doing good and thats obvious)

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plageus

Absoluts

Happy Dance What Lucus is saying is George Bush is a Sith.
I think if we all search our feelings, we know it to be true.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plageus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plageus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

Originally posted by yerssot
but those Tuskan Raiders are clearly muslim wink

(for those that don't know, it's what someone said in another thread)

good lord. blink everyones going insane, aren't they?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:02 PM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo313
spartan 117

Originally posted by JKozzy
I thought it was a great line, perfectly executed. Basically confirming that Obi-Wan has no choice but to fight, that his friend is truly gone. Identifying him as a Sith would make the fight easier, and more justified and necessary in his mind, I would think.

exactly, this line is one of the best in the movie. it doesn't mean that the jedi can't have opinions about the sith being evil confused

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:04 PM
Click here to Send neo313 a Private Message Find more posts by neo313 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Originally posted by neo313
exactly, this line is one of the best in the movie. it doesn't mean that the jedi can't have opinions about the sith being evil confused
If they don't deal in absolutes then they can't believe in such a thing as evil or they would be dealing in absolutes.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:10 PM
Mandos
Why would I want more?

falalalala

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:11 PM
Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I think the line is fine...

though I do see your point...

isn't the line "Only a sith deals in absolutes" an absolute?

blink

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:11 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I think the line is fine...

though I do see your point...

isn't the line "Only a sith deals in absolutes" an absolute?

blink
laughing out loud well, since you said that, I guess we can close this thread before we all get confused. Face it, not dealing in absolutes is imposable.

Last edited by The New History on May 24th, 2005 at 11:17 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:13 PM
Mandos
Why would I want more?

The absolute of absolute deals no with the absolute<s absolute byt with the pure absolute.
elementary.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmonkey9206

I thought it was a great line.

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:16 PM
Click here to Send darthmonkey9206 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmonkey9206 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote