KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Did anyone feel sorry for Palpy?

Did anyone feel sorry for Palpy?
Started by: Aulcarde

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aulcarde

Did anyone feel sorry for Palpy?

Did anyone kind of feel sorry for Palpatine when Mace Windu was reflecting the lightening and burning him to a crisp? That was one of the best acting scenes of the movie, it had me very convinced and I could see why Anakin would react the way he did. Seeing him begging and pleading like that, I prolly woulda sliced Maces' hand off as as well! It was sad to see Mace go, I am a very big fan of his, but Palpy had me convinced!

Last edited by Aulcarde on May 26th, 2005 at 02:12 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Aulcarde a Private Message Find more posts by Aulcarde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Not sorry a bit. I do agree that it was wonderful acting though.

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:14 AM
Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

I kinda felt sorry, and if I was Ani, I woulda put him outta his misery ^.-

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:17 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

nope

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth MoonPIE
DarkYoda's Lover

Hes a son of a *****, and a damn bastard. im glad he gets tossed like a ragdoll in VI

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth MoonPIE a Private Message Find more posts by Darth MoonPIE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth MoonPIE
Hes a son of a *****, and a damn bastard. im glad he gets tossed like a ragdoll in VI

You goddamn idiot.

Palpatine was a powerful Sith Lord. Through his cunning, manipulative ways, he brought an end to what he thought (and what others think) was a corrupt government and established the first Galactic Empire. Not only is he a very skilled swordsman (saberman?), but he is EXTREMELY powerful with the Force.

His mentioning to Yoda bout experiencing "the FULL power of the Dark Side" is his statement that his abilities FAR superceed those of Count Dooku's (whom Yoda faced). And right he was.

Palpatine is no sissy. I don't feel sorry for him because he was using his manipulative abilities to pull Anakin in during the scene with Mace and the lightning. Palpatine knew Anakin was coming and so defended himself against Mace, but gave him a slight advantage. We all witnessed his SUPER fast annihilation of three powerful Jedi Masters in under ten seconds!

Palpatine was in fact so powerful that the only way he could be destroyed was through betrayal (something Anakin seems to be best at).

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:48 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadlyshot07
Jedi Knight

I didnt feel sorry one bit for Palps sorry a$$. he killed Mace Windu and i was happy to see anakin actually get smart and kill Palp in ROTJ

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Deadlyshot07 a Private Message Find more posts by Deadlyshot07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

i didnt feel sorry for him. just the wow factor got to me

Old Post May 26th, 2005 02:53 AM
Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sairarouge

Originally posted by Deadlyshot07
I didnt feel sorry one bit for Palps sorry a$$. he killed Mace Windu and i was happy to see anakin actually get smart and kill Palp in ROTJ

There's no need to call him an a$$. For gods sake, he entitled to his own opinion. Alot of people on this board are really starting to tick me off the way they jump down people's throats all the freak'in time.

Sarah

Old Post May 26th, 2005 03:25 AM
Click here to Send sairarouge a Private Message Find more posts by sairarouge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Malic Clanorian

i dont think he implied the poster was an a$$...i think he meant palpatine was an a$$

Homer: "Trying is the first step towards failure."

Old Post May 26th, 2005 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Malic Clanorian a Private Message Find more posts by Malic Clanorian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sairarouge

Originally posted by Malic Clanorian
i dont think he implied the poster was an a$$...i think he meant palpatine was an a$$

Hard to tell lately around here. I don't post much, but have been hanging out around here for awhile now. Lately the regulars seem to be really meanspirited towards some people. Yes, there are alot of stupid people out there, i agree, but posting stupid little remarks is just sinking to their level.

Sorry to flake out like this, but it had just been getting to me lately.

Sarah :P

Old Post May 26th, 2005 03:34 AM
Click here to Send sairarouge a Private Message Find more posts by sairarouge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadlyshot07
Jedi Knight

I meant palp was an a$$

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Deadlyshot07 a Private Message Find more posts by Deadlyshot07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth MoonPIE
DarkYoda's Lover

Hey palpy, You're a goddamn idiot for thinking I hated the character, the way he is portrayed as the most evil bastard was very well done, hence why I call him one.

don't get so hot and bothered not like I insulted your mother, christ kid.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth MoonPIE a Private Message Find more posts by Darth MoonPIE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucasfilm
has a hardon

TRUE DAT...
but thats what i like about him.. the son of a b1tch part

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:33 AM
Click here to Send lucasfilm a Private Message Find more posts by lucasfilm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Hey palpy, You're a goddamn idiot for thinking I hated the character, the way he is portrayed as the most evil bastard was very well done, hence why I call him one.

don't get so hot and bothered not like I insulted your mother, christ kid.

Now it has come to double-talk. You're obviously not a good liar. Look to your original post that I quoted. You stated that you were glad he got tossed like a ragdoll in ROTJ... you obviously don't like the character. Now you are trying to cover your tracks... and you're doing a messy job.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:37 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth MoonPIE
DarkYoda's Lover

I think the character is fine mister mind reading how are you supposed to know if I dont like a character or not, wait you can't....

The character is very well done like I said before, enough to make me not like what he did to others.. understand?

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:47 AM
palpy_666
SITH LORD

im glad he gets tossed like a ragdoll in VI

HMMMM...

I didn't know this was a form of appreciation for a character. Must be something new.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:49 AM
Darth MoonPIE
DarkYoda's Lover

So, what you are saying is, if palpatine existed in real life you would love him for what great things he was doing for the world right? Of course not he's an evil phsycopath, and a very smart one at that.

I cannnot like a character for how well he was done by an actor/writer, and at the same time not like the evil shit he did to the whole galaxy?

I was happy for the sake of Luke Skywalker and the sake of the universe. Get over yourself.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:52 AM
palpy_666
SITH LORD

So, what you are saying is, if palpatine existed in real life you would love him for what great things he was doing for the world right? Of course not he's an evil phsycopath, and a very smart one at that.

I cannnot like a character for how well he was done by an actor/writer, and at the same time not like the evil shit he did to the whole galaxy?

I was happy for the sake of Luke Skywalker and the sake of the universe. Get over yourself.

Whatever... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:56 AM