KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Dooku died too early

Dooku died too early
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

Dooku died too early

Pity Dooku has to get killed off so early. Lucas just ain't giving these Dark Jedi the on-screen time they deserve. I mean, look at Darth Maul: Got chopped in half. A shame, seeing as how the actor that played him did a really good job. I'll be so pissed if Dooku gets killed by a falling rock in a cave somewhere. He deserves to die in a blaze of glory, honor and rememberance. (Christopher Lee is the best villain)

I wished he had more screen time. He could of finished his rematch with Yoda.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:58 AM
Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I too was dissapointed with the amount of screentime Dooku got... especially for such a great actor.

I don't get why he didn't say anything before Anakin killed him... shouldn't he have begged for his life? meh.

Also... why didn't Yoda try to track him down to reface him? Yoda owned his arse in AOTC.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:12 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I too was dissapointed with the amount of screentime Dooku got... especially for such a great actor.

I don't get why he didn't say anything before Anakin killed him... shouldn't he have begged for his life? meh.

Also... why didn't Yoda try to track him down to reface him? Yoda owned his arse in AOTC.

He did track him down.

Refer to Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:33 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Ahhh, fair enough then... so - to save me having to read an entire book - what happened basically?

Did Dooku run again? Surely he can't have beaten Yoda...

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:35 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orient_celts
Dune House Atreides

I was also surprised the shortness of the duel. I thought it would be longer too before that end.

<a href="http://moonlight-united.com">moonlight-united.com</a>

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:55 AM
Click here to Send orient_celts a Private Message Find more posts by orient_celts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by orient_celts
I was also surprised the shortness of the duel. I thought it would be longer too before that end.

the duel imo was simply to showcase how much anakin had grown as a jedi... not much else, certainly not giving lee what he deserved...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:33 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

DeVi| D0do: In the book Yoda was winning, so Dooku launched a missile at the mansion where they were fighting. Dooku ran while Yoda was busy stopping the missile. If it had hit, it would have killed Anakin, Kenobi and two Padawans.

Dooku didn't beg for mercy because he has more dignity than that.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:45 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cheesiness

I don't really care.

sad

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:04 AM
Click here to Send Cheesiness a Private Message Find more posts by Cheesiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Me neither.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:06 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cheesiness

I don't care if the old asswrinkle was talented and respected in his profession, I just don't care!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:24 AM
Click here to Send Cheesiness a Private Message Find more posts by Cheesiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Duffy

ask yourself this...what purpose would Dooku have served in the rest of the film? there was no need for him to survive any longer than he did

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Duffy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

Rather than beg for my life, I would have blown Palpatine's secret to Anakin. Might as well, seeing as the old bastard had just betrayed me- make his life harder as well!

You never know, he could have bargained his way out of it. Worth a try at least, rather than being silent.

Yes, a shame he had to die to early because I liked Dooku very much. But note the 'had'; the way the story was built he had to be dealt with ASAP.

He should have been in AOTC from the start, to be the opposition all the way, rather than just turning up for the last couple of reels.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:31 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

He does say somthing to Sidious just before his heads cut off but Lucas cut that part out, it will be on the DVD

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:35 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dwizard

I like the fact that Obi Wan was beaten twice by Dooku... I like the fact that he had OBI WANs number and defeated him easily.

As for Anakin defeating Dooku easily, It was bound to happen. He held deep resentment torward Dooku, and it made him powerful. I loved it, I loved the fact that Dooku was killed fast because it showed Anakin had grown in power.
1 General Grevious was killed due to Obi Wans thinking
2 Dooku was killed due to Anakin's grown anger and skill as a jedi
3 Anikan was defeated because he was overconfident with his newly found powers.

Obi Wan has a resume that just kills!
1 Killed a Sith Lord as a padiwan
2 Battled Jango Fett toe to toe and came out a draw. (two smart fighters)
3 Killed Durge from the clone wars
4 Lead the Clone troopers in the Clone wars as a general (several victories too)
5 Defeated General Grievious
6 Survived the first encounter with Count Dooku (saved by yoda)
7 Survived Dooku a second time (saved by Anakin)
8. Defeated Darth Vader (episode 3)

I love Obi Wan... Even in death he gets to use his communing with the force to train and help luke.
He was by far one of the weaker jedi but he was a hell of alot smarter then alot of JEDI. Its what makes him so unique!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:03 PM
Click here to Send dwizard a Private Message Find more posts by dwizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theGTR

i don't think obi was weak. he's one of the best jedi that there was.
and yeah the dooku deserved more screen-time. but the siths did get alot of screen-time. especially vader.
and it would've been good to have 2 siths(dooku+vader) join forces.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:49 PM
Click here to Send theGTR a Private Message Find more posts by theGTR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

the fight should have been longer...reminicient to luke and vader in rotj. anakin should have over-powered him a lot more, not just with that move to chop his hands off.(although, that WAS damn cool.) he should have owned his ass for a little while and toyed with him.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:53 PM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Torik_Shai
Demon Pirate

The look on his face says everything that really needs to be said after Palpatine says, "Kill him."

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Torik_Shai a Private Message Find more posts by Torik_Shai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spectr4L
The Loyalist

Originally posted by Torik_Shai
The look on his face says everything that really needs to be said after Palpatine says, "Kill him."

Hehe...the audience gasped at that part, and also when he said "DO IT!"

As if it werent obvious that Palpy=Sidious stick out tongue

I was really looking forward to the Dooku fight after reading the novel. I was dissapointed at how much was cut from it... sad

Old Post May 26th, 2005 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Spectr4L a Private Message Find more posts by Spectr4L Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

I wanted to see Dooku use force lightning again.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 10:46 PM
Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supercybergeek

Re: Dooku died too early

Originally posted by lau_timmy
. I mean, look at Darth Maul: Got chopped in half. A shame, seeing as how the actor that played him did a really good job.

Darth maul was a good actor? He had about 4 lines, and he wore heavy make up, how is that good acting?

Old Post May 27th, 2005 02:34 AM
Click here to Send supercybergeek a Private Message Find more posts by supercybergeek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote