KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin's force lightning?

Anakin's force lightning?
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

Anakin's force lightning?

Where is Anakin's force lightning? In the video game Anakin shoots force lightning. I think it would have just gone even further in showing just how powerful Vader was if they would have shown him using it when he was hunting down the Jedi or the Seperatists. I don't think becasue he was inexperienced, it didn't matter, he was powerful and both Palpatine and Dooku used it. I understand why he couldn't when he was older and in the suit, and that's becasue his arms weren't real but I just thought we'd see him have some from his left hand.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:10 AM
Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Anakin using lightning would have lessened the effect of Palpatine using it on Yoda IMO.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:18 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

and not forgetting he did the force choke...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:23 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I think it would have been nice if Anakin lifted Padme off the ground like Dooku did...

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:24 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

In the novel he does, he force throws her

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:25 AM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by smoker4
In the novel he does, he force throws her

in the comic i think he did too...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:30 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShotgunWes
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, suited Vader could block a blaster with jsut his hand. I've never seen anyone else do that. Ever. So he must still be pretty powerful in the suit. Remember in ESB Han shoots at Vader multiple times and he deflects the blasts easily with his hand.

If you don't like me... **** You

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:04 AM
Click here to Send ShotgunWes a Private Message Find more posts by ShotgunWes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yeah, I wish people would quit saying that Vader can't do lightning. I explained before that lightning is summoned OUTSIDE of the body. It wouldn't even touch Vader if he used it. Seeing as he is powerful with the force, lightning is easily within his grasp. He just doesn't need it.

Vader's a force choke kinda guy anyway. So much more suited to his character.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 11:08 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Ya force choke is Vaders M.O. basically. It would have taken away from palpy and dooku if anakin was also using force lightning. I think it's best that we assume all dark jedi's and Siths can do force lightning, but some of them just choose not to. And as far as Vader not being able to do it because he has no hands, that's just rediculous. Red superfly is right, the lightning would have nothing to do with his hands or his suit. It's external.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

be glad he doesn't do lightning, overuse makes it look so ordinary when it should still be special

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:02 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I think it would have been nice if Anakin lifted Padme off the ground like Dooku did...

When did Dooku lift Padme off the ground? confused

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:13 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jjwil76
Captain Solo's Sideburn

force lightning is no fun. everytime i do it, it chaffes the scrotum. maybe i'm shooting out of the wrong place...hmm.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:17 PM
Click here to Send jjwil76 a Private Message Find more posts by jjwil76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Originally posted by DarkYoda
When did Dooku lift Padme off the ground? confused

he means that in EpII Dooku uses lightning and throws Anakin against the wall while still shocking him

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:19 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Originally posted by yerssot
he means that in EpII Dooku uses lightning and throws Anakin against the wall while still shocking him

Now that I have thought about it a bit, in Ep 3, Dooku choked Obi-Wan and lifted him off the ground while kicking Anakin from behind. Then he threw Obi-Wan (if my memory serves me correct stick out tongue )

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:26 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aluminum Falcon

Originally posted by ShotgunWes
Well, suited Vader could block a blaster with jsut his hand. I've never seen anyone else do that. Ever. So he must still be pretty powerful in the suit. Remember in ESB Han shoots at Vader multiple times and he deflects the blasts easily with his hand.

Obi-Wan does that in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by yerssot
be glad he doesn't do lightning, overuse makes it look so ordinary when it should still be special
Very true.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:46 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

There were other elements in the video game that would have made the movie a masterpiece, included force lightning from Anakins good hand. How about the extended Mace Windu Anakin scene, Cin Drallig or the killing of the librarian of the Jedi archives?

Old Post May 27th, 2005 01:23 AM
Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

He never did it because he never learned the power. DERRRR

Old Post May 27th, 2005 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

Darth Nefarus is right, you can't just learn force lighting in one day. It takes time and lots of studying to do it. Do you think Dooku just learned it when he turned to the dark side. Also Vader cannot use it at all. If you read the ROTS Visual Dictonary, it says because Vader has mechanical arms now, he has lost any ability to use force lighting, and he is vulerable to it. MEaning if he gets struke with force lighting it will get him. That is why he dies in ROTJ, when he picks up the Palpatine, and Palpatines force lighting engulfs Vader as he throws him down the windpipe.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:36 PM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
proffitt

Actually, not to seem like a "know-it-all" or anything, the Episode III Visual Dictionary states that because of his artificial limbs, Anakin/Vader will NEVER be able to conjure Sith lightning and he will NEVER be invulnerable to it. [That may be why he tells Luke "Nothing can stop that now" when he tells Luke to help him take his mask off and Luke says "But, you'll die."

Maybe the reason Vader listens to Sidious is in part because he feels as though he is lost and also because he knows that the Sith lightning will fry his suit.

Just a thought.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:55 PM
Click here to Send proffitt a Private Message Find more posts by proffitt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote