KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who's fault is it?

Who's fault is it?
Started by: Tulak Hord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Who's fault is it?

Here's gonna be the most debateable question I know of; who really destroyed the Jedi and ruined the Old Republic? Was it Qui-Gon who found Anakin and won him? Or Darth Maul because he killed Qui-Gon? Or Obi-Wan because he was an incompetent teacher? Or Watto's for selling Shmi to the Lars family? Or the Tuskin Raiders for killing Shmi? Or Sid for his deceptivness? Or Jar Jar because he granted the emergancy powers? Or Padme because Anakin wanted to keep her alive forever?

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:47 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

those are all circumstancial, the only two that are really truly accountable are palps and vader. the rest are just circumstances which led to the situation but you cant truly hold them accountable

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:48 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

If they're all circumstantial, then anakin has one serious case of bad luck.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Qui-Gon going against the council and asking Obi-Wan to train Anakin isnt circumstancial. They all saw that his path was cloudy but he went against it.

Qui-Gon was my favorite Jedi so im not dissing him, but it was his fault.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

Qui Gon did not expect to die I might add!

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:01 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

yeah i guess i phrased that wrong what i meant to say was that ultimatley the choice and responsibility for destroying the order was up to palps and anakin. All the rest cant really be blamed for his choice, thats like if i got in a car accident, the reason would be that i was speeding or whatever, but i could also say if i didnt get the job i have then i wouldnt have been driving that way, theres a million things that could go in there but only one true reason. hope i didnt just confuse worse....sorry stick out tongue

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:02 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

it's nobody's fault. just the will of the force, i guess.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:04 PM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

laughing out loud SithSpy

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:04 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mysterio69
it's nobody's fault. just the will of the force, i guess.

So the force wanted everyone to live in a hellacious galaxey ruled by fear? confused

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:06 PM
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

i cant help it, i get these huge ideas, and they just dont come out right......ah well

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:06 PM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Although there are certain factors that led to it, when it comes down to it, if Anakin was left on Tatooine he would have never became Vader.

But that leaves and interesting question- If he was brought back to Tatooine and left there, do you think Sidious would have taken him on as his own apprentice?

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rubinator
is SYLAR

padme she voted no confidence in Valorum and then palpatine became chancellor

and she also married anakin

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:14 PM
Click here to Send rubinator a Private Message Find more posts by rubinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Not if he still had Dooku, unless he killed Dooku and took Anakin. But then, would he even agree? Without Padme, Anakin would never have turned at all.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:14 PM
Texansfan05
Jedi Knight

If anyone was incompetent it was Qui-Gon for wanting Anakin to be trained. As for Anakin turning to the dark side that wasn't Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan's fault Anakin decided to turn on his own.

sig by Ast

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Texansfan05 a Private Message Find more posts by Texansfan05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

really if you look at the big picture, what happened had to happen, Anakin fulfilled his destiny, it said he would bring balance it didnt say how, that may have been the idea all along for him to wipe out the jedi and the sith

after all the Jedi did need a major overhaul, so really no one messed up they all did exactly as they were supposed to

Last edited by SithSpy on May 26th, 2005 at 08:24 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:21 PM
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

No he didn't. He just wanted those powers for Padme. If it wasn't for her, he would've made a great Jedi, and the Old Republic would still be alive.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:22 PM
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Good point SS. Wipe out the Old Jedi, and have Luke and Leia as the New Generation, with new rules and stuff. I.E.*EU*: Old Jedi don't allow Possession, but Lowbacca owns a T-26.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:24 PM
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

we dont know that tho' what we DO know is what happened happened and the prophecy was fulfilled. we also know that the jedi were outdated and narrowminded in their views, which had to change in order to be successful in the future

ohhh ok i see what you were saying, my fault

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:25 PM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

It doesnt matter why you do something, when it comes down to it your still doing if. Like if i rob a store just soo i can pay for a heart transplant for someone close to me, when it comes down to it im still robbing the store on my own wishes.

Anakin turned for himself, no matter how good his wishes might have been.

And yes he would have been the most powerful Jedi probably if he didnt turn.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:25 PM
Texansfan05
Jedi Knight

I also don't think it was Padme's fault she didn't ask Anakin to kill all the jedi. Before the duel Obi-Wan told Anakin he was responsible for his actions. Anakin can try to blame Obi-Wan for everything but last time I checked Obi-Wan didn't betray the jedi.

sig by Ast

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Texansfan05 a Private Message Find more posts by Texansfan05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote