KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » beginning drums

beginning drums
Started by: KaNeKnOx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KaNeKnOx

beginning drums

At the very beginning when only the Star Destroyer comes into view, what is the name of the song that is playing? is it on the soundttrack?(the one w/ the drumming)

Old Post May 27th, 2005 07:31 PM
Click here to Send KaNeKnOx a Private Message Find more posts by KaNeKnOx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lincoln86323
just a star wars fan

i don't think its on the soundtrack

"Is Anakin Skywalker gonna have to choke a b****?"

Old Post May 27th, 2005 07:32 PM
Click here to Send lincoln86323 a Private Message Find more posts by lincoln86323 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

it is, its the first track Star Wars and The Revenge of the Sith, it starts about a min and 30sec. into it, its not exactly the same tho' as there is background music with the drums

Old Post May 27th, 2005 07:41 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KaNeKnOx

is that what its called?

Old Post May 27th, 2005 07:45 PM
Click here to Send KaNeKnOx a Private Message Find more posts by KaNeKnOx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

the song on the soundtrack is actually called "star wars and the revenge of the sith"

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 27th, 2005 07:46 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

thats what i said eek! reading <yup thats what i said whistle smart

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:00 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Got it... The drum's aren't as good as in the cinema though. sad

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

I actually thought it was better in the theater, as it got tottally silent then BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM, then right in with the jedi theme

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:10 PM
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

The part that replaces the drums on the CD is the piece of music when the Clone Troopers descend down from the ceiling on Utapau during the Obi/Grievous duel. I have no idea why they stuck that one little clip in there. I really LOVE the drums, and I agree that they were awesome in the theater. The place where I saw it the first and third time had the bass cranked so well.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:17 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

yeah and that variation on the hero theme is awesome

Old Post May 27th, 2005 08:27 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I wish there was a part on the soundtrack with just those drums alone. It sounds so much better without any background music.

I like George.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Hopefully we'll get an Ultimate version of the soundtrack that has everything from the film as used and not edited in any way. This score is so strong that I think it's a good possibility.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:19 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah, an Ultimate Edition soundtrack for ROTS would be great, but I have my doubts because we never got one for AOTC. sad

I like George.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

The name of the song was "drums". it was performed by hitting the late great tito puente against a typhony by an eighty-year-old anorexic woman, and is available on the latest Pink Floyd album.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 03:20 PM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 28th, 2005 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

It'd be hard to do an Ultimate Edition of AOTC because they reused a lot of the music from TPM. But ROTS has enough of it's own music to do one, and that music is really good. I hope they give us an Ultimate Edition CD for it.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 05:01 PM
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Boris
(please log in to view the image)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

That was a great episode.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 11:54 PM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prod
Portman lover

would anyone like me to rip the sound out of the movie...so u can hear the "drum" song?

http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

Old Post May 29th, 2005 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Prod a Private Message Find more posts by Prod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

I could simulate that drum in five minutes on Garage band.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 12:04 AM
Jango_Fett_A
Bravo Commander

I just saw episode III for the second time. It was awesome, i like how it starts, the drums add to the scene and make it better. I don't have the soundtrack but does the hero theme have the drums?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 12:56 AM
Click here to Send Jango_Fett_A a Private Message Find more posts by Jango_Fett_A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote