KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Padme Lives!

Padme Lives!
Started by: ShadowKing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

Warning Padme Lives!

Psych...made you look...

Anyway:

You see...there was no physcial reason that she should die. She wasn't choked to death...she wasn't thrown against a wall (as in the initial script), and she wasn't hemorraging from childbirth. Yoda put her into a death-like state...that way Anakin/Vader would not seek to find her or the babies. If she had indeed "lost the will to live", don't you think Obi or Yoda could have used compassionate mind control to show her that it's better to stay alive for her children than to die because her husband was a dink!

So...Yoda puts her in a death trance...they have a huge funeral to make it look good. Later, Bail Organa and his men remove her from her tomb/crypt and take her to Alderaan. She gets to have some time with Leia (which better explains the fact that Leia remembers her real mother) but leaves to work the rebellion underground...this way, she (her character) can be used in the new TV series. embarrasment

Okay...far-fetched, but it makes more sense than she died because she didn't feel like living.

Custom Sig courtesy of Ast!

Old Post May 28th, 2005 05:07 PM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very interesting. This might actually be worth the continuation. Except the problem is a jedi can detect whether or not a person is actually dead. Obi-wan would be able to see right through this. Plus the connection with Padme and Anakin is very strong. Now it might have been severed when he choked her. But it would seem like Vader would be able to detect her. But since the typical audience does'nt know all of this. hmmm.....

Old Post May 28th, 2005 06:48 PM
Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Yoda
The One and Only

intresting point. that is possible, because Leia said she remembered her mother.

sig by Ast Rofan "Remember the 18th!!! Remember the 4th!!! Remember the Grill!!!"

Old Post May 28th, 2005 06:55 PM
Click here to Send Lord Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Death trance... that is desperately awful.

Stop trying to treat this like a medical documentary and just go with the style of it. Geez.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2005 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
green dude

You guys why would Yoda a Jedi put her in a death trance that nuts she died because she new her husband was bad and if you found out that your husband killed alot of inasant younglings i hate that name i would freak and she was probiable weakened when being choked like that and know your husband almost killed you and what if she did live Luke: wheres daddy Leia: Mommy what is daddy like response your daddy was supposed to destroy evil but than joined it your dad has gone nuts and he will proaible find you exist and take you away kill you or make you little siths so yeah that would be ackward and i would proable die know the cruel truth eilier way if she lived she would be found kids be found and killed or turned evil or having to lose your kids no win sittuation :P

Old Post May 28th, 2005 07:29 PM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

How can you die by losing the will to live? I dont get it

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
green dude

i explain Robin Darkside you see when someone is on the brink of death or is hanging by a thread in better way of saying it a person can chose to die or to live it's because every one has free will if someone is so sad they can die i should know my step bros grama died cus her husband died and couldn't go on if a person means so much that without them in your life your life to you is pointless you get it big grin

Old Post May 28th, 2005 07:54 PM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

To be honest... She died of a broken heart from what it looks like to me.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess, I'm just mad because Anakin goes on thinking he killed her, along with his kids. Man that sucks, and Palpatine is all happy about it, the jerk was smiling during the noooo.. scene. Palpatine saved him but he doesn;t give a dam about Anakin, only to serve his needs.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
I guess, I'm just mad because Anakin goes on thinking he killed her, along with his kids. Man that sucks, and Palpatine is all happy about it, the jerk was smiling during the noooo.. scene. Palpatine saved him but he doesn;t give a dam about Anakin, only to serve his needs.
Dang, you just made me hate Palpy now.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 09:00 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
Dang, you just made me hate Palpy now.

I know what you mean, sometimes I like him, then sometimes I really hate the guy

Old Post May 28th, 2005 09:02 PM
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

I knew I could create a discussion on this by using the Dark Side of the Force!

What it comes down to is Lucas (as usual) wrote himself into a round corner and couldn't figure how to get himself out. Yes...Padme could be near death and losing the will to live would not help her heal, but she wasn't strangled that long or that hard (the way it was portrayed). You can not have the will to live, that makes you depressed or self destructive...you can not will yourself to death (unless she is strong in the Force?)

Old Post May 28th, 2005 09:06 PM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

She died because she was tied to Anakin in a way, When Anakin died, turning into Darth Vader, then she died along with him. She survived long enough to have her children by the will of the force. It was about timing really, the second she died, Vader asked Palpatine about Padme, then he searched his feeling and no longer felt Padme because she was dead already. Padme still felt good in him, so she could have stayed alive and tried to convert him back, but she didn't, so it doesn;t seem like it was her choice to live or die

Old Post May 28th, 2005 09:18 PM
Darth Vicious

I think to Leia Bail Organas wife his only real mother, keep in mind that if she had known about Padme at some level she had to know about Vader and she didnt and also remember that the Organas couldnt have a child Do you guys think that having a newborn like they always wanted they would risk her love by telling her about her real mother? I think not.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Padme died.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 11:32 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Originally posted by Jedi Styles
To be honest... She died of a broken heart from what it looks like to me.

Ding Ding Ding....we have a winner!

Old Post May 28th, 2005 11:38 PM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

She dies of whooping cough, dumbasses. That's why every scene with her was interrupted by her saying, "Excuse me," Turning away from the person that she was talking to, and violently hacking into a paper bag stained with blood.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 12:04 AM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I think she dies at the end of this film.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 12:05 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

tpaquin watches Moulin Rouge once too many times! laughing out loud

Old Post May 29th, 2005 12:40 AM
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

The one thing I have to say is to green dude. Use some f****** punctuation.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 29th, 2005 09:08 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote