KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » PS2 game

PS2 game
Started by: supercybergeek

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
supercybergeek

PS2 game

theres actaully explainations in the game that arent' in the movie.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 09:26 AM
Click here to Send supercybergeek a Private Message Find more posts by supercybergeek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

these dont count.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 09:28 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

only the movies count in my book

Old Post May 30th, 2005 09:31 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

same

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 30th, 2005 10:55 AM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Same, i got the game and its not the same, but i guess the game stuff is like "What if stuff"

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:08 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

Re: PS2 game

quote: (post)
Originally posted by supercybergeek

Could you list some? I'm interested...

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:31 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supercybergeek

Well they made the mace windu vs anakin fight longer and anakin says killing papls was not the jedi way

Old Post May 31st, 2005 02:48 AM
Click here to Send supercybergeek a Private Message Find more posts by supercybergeek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

It is just that way in the game. Anakin is never supposed to fight Mace in the movie.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:51 AM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

There are plenty of scenes in the game where they differ from the movie though in ways that are blatantly "wrong" too...

The prolonged Jedi temple levels were cool though....

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

One thing from the game I wish was in the movie, was Anakin impaling that bitchy librarian from clones.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:57 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

They just did that to make the person playing more intersted, and they expanded it alot becasue if you played the game the same length as it is in the movie, each level would take a second

Old Post May 31st, 2005 03:59 AM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth plo koon
darth moose

the only thing they missed out in the game is the battle over coruscant that would have made it better (im a newbia by the way)

death before dishhonour

Old Post May 31st, 2005 12:37 PM
Click here to Send darth plo koon a Private Message Find more posts by darth plo koon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snehin
Darth wolf

oh then welcome!and i say the game givs u insight to the movie but its too easy for me im already finished the game 4 times and dint even care its co-operative is easier than the single player mode besides tht the movie counts the game is for u to get an insight its too easy!!

Old Post May 31st, 2005 12:54 PM
Click here to Send snehin a Private Message Find more posts by snehin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snehin
Darth wolf

besides that why does anakin hav lightnin and obi-one hav stun??and anakin never fights mace in the movie but in the game he does?why so many changes?

Old Post May 31st, 2005 01:01 PM
Click here to Send snehin a Private Message Find more posts by snehin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

Originally posted by snehin
besides that why does anakin hav lightnin and obi-one hav stun??and anakin never fights mace in the movie but in the game he does?why so many changes?

The answer to all three is simply to make the game fun.

What would be the point of a game where one of the levels features a 40 second cut scene, 10 seconds loading time, then you get to control the character for 0.3 seconds, just to slice off a character's arm... then on to the next cut scene?
Where was the "Anakin talks to Padmé on the verandah while she brushes her hair" level?

If you are asking why the Mace/Palps scene went through so many changes in the film - well, it was an important scene.
Originally, Anakin was in the room with Palps from the start when the Jedi entered to arrest him.
At one point Sidious used Anakin's saber, rather than his own.
At one point Sidious got his saber cut in half by Mace, rather than knocked out of the window.
At one point Ani cut Maces' saber in half, rather than the arm.
And the Mace vs Sids duel was always going to be far longer than it was in the finished movie.

Just the way it goes.
Stuff gets changed, gets edited.
The point was just to get to a position where Ani's choice was believable - that was the important part of the scene, not the duel.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post May 31st, 2005 01:15 PM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

Re: PS2 game

Originally posted by supercybergeek

Thanks for the info everyone...
I thought when you said "explanations" that there might have been plot points (who created Anakin, references to Sifo Dyas etc) that would fill out the story of the movie. I hear the Matrix and Lord of the Rings games had something like that, sometimes even with additional footage shot exclusively for the games - never played them, so I don't know.

What we seem to have here is the usual "changes" they put in every game adaption of a movie to make it more playable. And from what I've read, the changes here are a lot more harmless than some movie adaptions I've played in my days...

Old Post May 31st, 2005 01:26 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote