KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Obiwan Kenobi Used Anger

Obiwan Kenobi Used Anger
Started by: kenobi2004

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kenobi2004

Obiwan Kenobi Used Anger

Hello there....no one discussed this before but i'm doing that now.during the fight between Obiwan And GG,after GG lost his two hand and had only lightsaber to use...when lightsabers crossed together with obiwan we can see the face of obiwan showing anger...Obiwab was pressing his teeth so strong and using anger trying to defeat GG.I thought jedi are not allowed to be angry in a fight.and when anakin fought Dooku he was more calmn than obiwan....why fo you think did obiwan use this face when fighting GG??????????????????

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:02 PM
Click here to Send kenobi2004 a Private Message Find more posts by kenobi2004 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I don't know if it's anger; a weightlifter would have the same face without being angry.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

just a translation.

ever grit your teeth when lifting or moving a very heavy object?
i do.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:04 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kenobi2004

No guys his eyes show his use of anger....is it allowed that the jedi use dark power if they are sure that they could come back to the light whenever they want...like mace windu did when using vapaad.he control it because if he don't then fall to the dark side he will....are they allowed?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:33 PM
Click here to Send kenobi2004 a Private Message Find more posts by kenobi2004 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

EU has no place here

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:50 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kenobi2004

PVS take this from me......SHUT UP.this is no EU ok?.and if you think this is EU then i guess you should just go and say that to all the threads that have beeen made lately.....they are no relation to ROTS.but my topic is related alot....so keep off the topic...your reply won't make a difference i guess...since you can't diverse between EU and Rots.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:30 PM
DenKi

he wasnt angry hes what Lazerlike42 said...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:30 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistaMandalore

Yeah...like everyone else said..he was just using alot of effort in my opinion..unless he yells out "I am so ANGRY AHHH!!!" Then we really can't tell what he is feeling.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:37 PM
Click here to Send MistaMandalore a Private Message Find more posts by MistaMandalore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ctsketch

my eyes and teeth look the same when I am bench pressing or doing partial arts...its not anger its focus and strain

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:44 PM
Click here to Send ctsketch a Private Message Find more posts by ctsketch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

The only times Kenobi gave in to anger was during the Maul fight and possibly while floating down the lava river.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:52 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

I have noticed one thing throughout SW... the only way to conquer a Sith Lord is to use anger (or passion). Observe Kenobi in Episode I defeat Darth Maul. Right after Maul killerd Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan yelled, "NO!". After the shields let up, Obi-Wan ran out with his saber in such a fury of passionate fighting, Qui-Gon's death as his fuel for strength.

Watch Anakin in Episode III let loose on Dooku (which he does right after kicking him over the railing).

And finally, see Luke in VI become passionate about protecting Leia from Vader.. Luke becomes very aggressive against Vader and defeats him in a lightsaber match.

Now think back to every other lightsaber duel between a Jedi and a Sith... if the Jedi does not become quickly enraged or passionate during their fight, the Jedi either looses or the match is a draw.

Just my thoughts.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:54 PM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blu93GT

Yoda and Mace Windu also have close-up shots during their fights with D. Sidious, showing a similar look... is it anger? fierce determination?

My *guess* is that Jedis have emotions just like everyone else, and it's just naturally going to come out during a very difficult fight. The Sith USE the anger, or hate, to access the power of the dark side (the "lightning" of D. Sidious seems to be pure hate, IMO), but the Jedi don't use it that way. When Yoda uses the force to stop heavy things from falling, he doesn't have an angry or hateful look. The Jedi might get a boost in *physical* strength, like anyone else would, but they don't use it to access the power of the force, and they try to let the anger pass and get back to being calm and focused. they're not PERFECT, but they try very hard to not give in to "dark" feelings.

...that's just my take on it.

against D. Maul, Obi-Wan's anger put him down a hole with no weapon! he was only victorious after he regained control.

Last edited by Blu93GT on Jun 1st, 2005 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Blu93GT a Private Message Find more posts by Blu93GT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by palpy_666
I have noticed one thing throughout SW... the only way to conquer a Sith Lord is to use anger (or passion). Observe Kenobi in Episode I defeat Darth Maul. Right after Maul killerd Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan yelled, "NO!". After the shields let up, Obi-Wan ran out with his saber in such a fury of passionate fighting, Qui-Gon's death as his fuel for strength.

Watch Anakin in Episode III let loose on Dooku (which he does right after kicking him over the railing).

And finally, see Luke in VI become passionate about protecting Leia from Vader.. Luke becomes very aggressive against Vader and defeats him in a lightsaber match.

Now think back to every other lightsaber duel between a Jedi and a Sith... if the Jedi does not become quickly enraged or passionate during their fight, the Jedi either looses or the match is a draw.

Just my thoughts.

Nice.

Maybe sith lords just dont expect it. eek! Am I the only one who thought Kenobi used anger in the end of THE DUEL? It is almost like after the final move he realises "oh shit".

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 04:59 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blu93GT

going back to the original topic, Obi v. GG...

when Obi was ANGRY, Grevious almost escaped again. Obi didn't *defeat* him until GG got angry, and Obi got his coolness back.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Blu93GT a Private Message Find more posts by Blu93GT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Yoda
The One and Only

Originally posted by astrofan428
The only times Kenobi gave in to anger was during the Maul fight and possibly while floating down the lava river.

thats what i was going to say sad

sig by Ast Rofan "Remember the 18th!!! Remember the 4th!!! Remember the Grill!!!"

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by Blu93GT
going back to the original topic, Obi v. GG...

when Obi was ANGRY, Grevious almost escaped again. Obi didn't *defeat* him until GG got angry, and Obi got his coolness back.

I don't ever remember Kenobi becoming angry during his duel with GG.. and I've seen the movie about twenty times now.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 05:15 PM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Anger can be seen during the Maul duel.

Focus can be seen during the GG duel.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 05:30 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I think jedi are like the sith in terms of passion. The sith use it to gain power of the dark side this is their main way of gaining power. Jedi though use meditation to gain use of the force. Patience is the key for a jedi. Now in a fight I think what happens is that Jedi use anger or passions a better word but because of their training they remain focused on what they need to do. So they probably get angry but they know how to focus it so it doesn't consume them like a Sith. And about the Maul fight don't forget when he went head first just swinging like a Sith he eventually found himself about to fall into a saft. It wasn't until he focused his feeling that he defeated Maul.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by kenobi2004
PVS take this from me......SHUT UP.

and just who the hell are you?

not the owner of this forum, i know that.
so instead of throwing a tantrum, realise that if its not
in the film, its not canon. if its not canon, it has no place in
the ep3 forum. or you can just be a dick about it.
your choice

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:03 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I think he already made the choice. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:08 PM