KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Qui-Gon??

Qui-Gon??
Started by: fruits

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

Qui-Gon??

sorry, but im confused. near the end, obi-wan is told that qui-gon has cheated death or something like that, or that he found the key to immortality and he is on Tatooine. is that he meant, or did i misunderstand that?? and if he is, how did that happen? how come he didnt come back earlier if that's the case??

i so confused

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 01:57 AM
Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

What he was reffering to was becoming one with the force like the jedi in the OT. But do to problems with Liam not wanting to return(i think) they didnt actually show him.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 01:58 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistaMandalore

It's basically a way to explain how Obi-Wan can come back as a ghost...and the whole 'strike me down and i'll become more powerful than you can possible imagine' bit. I dunno..I wish they expanded that sequence to flesh the idea out more.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 01:59 AM
Click here to Send MistaMandalore a Private Message Find more posts by MistaMandalore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spekdah
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah I reckon, seeing OB1's face light up when Yoda tells him at the end of ROTS really does contrast far too much with the tragic end of the movie.
Personally I think its more about GL useing this scene to set up the TV series he's gonna make set between ROTS and A NEW HOPE

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 02:04 AM
Click here to Send spekdah a Private Message Find more posts by spekdah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spekdah
yeah I reckon, seeing OB1's face light up when Yoda tells him at the end of ROTS really does contrast far too much with the tragic end of the movie.
Personally I think its more about GL useing this scene to set up the TV series he's gonna make set between ROTS and A NEW HOPE

is that when the show is gonna be set? cripes. who's gonna play the main characters?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:13 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love the Qui Gon stuff too bad no voice over though

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:14 AM
Click here to Send ~ J ~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~ J ~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Qui-Gon is rockalicious

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Qui Gon has learned the path to immortality, he learned this path (force ghost) after he died, rather then before he died, that would explain why Quigon didn"t dissapear like yoda and obiwan did. Yoda and Obiwan know the key to immortality before they die, which is why they disappeared. So Yoda had training for Obiwan during his time on tattoine, being able to commune with Quigon. It will probably be described in the upcoming cartoon series after EP 3. Get to see Qui gon as a cartoon force ghost or something.

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey how did Anakin learn it ? He was in Jedi?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:29 AM
Click here to Send ~ J ~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~ J ~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin must have learned it after he died, when he was saved and converted to the goodside of the force. He was redeemed and maybe Yoda and Obiwan helped him or something

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:33 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Originally posted by The Biker Scout
Hey how did Anakin learn it ? He was in Jedi?

There was a lot of discussion about this a while back it kindof died down.... the best explanation seems to be that the Sith have been seeking the secret to immortality for hundreds of years, but the irony is that it can only be achieved through the light side. Also, we know that Palpatine tells Anakin about Plagieus learning to cheat death etc. The explanation would be then that Vader and Palpatine sortof knew the secret but would not be able to use it because they were Sith, but once Vader came back to the light side at the end of ROTJ, he was able to "cross over."

Another explanation has been that Vader was created by the force and is basically a corporeal manifestation of the force so it is simply natural that he become a force ghost without doing anything. I like the other one better.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:33 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another explanation has been that Vader was created by the force and is basically a corporeal manifestation of the force so it is simply natural that he become a force ghost without doing anything. I like the other one better.

THIS IS THE ANSWER

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:35 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lazerlike42
There was a lot of discussion about this a while back it kindof died down.... the best explanation seems to be that the Sith have been seeking the secret to immortality for hundreds of years, but the irony is that it can only be achieved through the light side. Also, we know that Palpatine tells Anakin about Plagieus learning to cheat death etc. The explanation would be then that Vader and Palpatine sortof knew the secret but would not be able to use it because they were Sith, but once Vader came back to the light side at the end of ROTJ, he was able to "cross over."

getting too complicated, meesa thinks

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:35 AM
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

quoting Jar Jar
yeah you are confused...he;s the suckiest character ever

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:36 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

ex sqeeze me, Jar Jar rules

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:40 AM
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

no he doesnt
He ****in gave Papls emergency power

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:41 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, whats wrong with Palpy?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:42 AM
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

If one of the TV series is going to be set between III and IV..it had better feature Ewan as Obi. I'll refuse to watch it if they bring in some chump to play him. Assuming the series will focus on Obi's exile.

As for the second..you think it'll be set during the Clone Wars? I've heard Aayla and Shaak Ti will be in it..so that's the only way they could be. Maybe we'll finally hear Aayla and Kit talk..

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:48 AM
ab2421
Royal Guard

From the original script:
222 INT. POLIS MASSA-OBSERVATION DOME-NIGHT

On the isolated asteroid of Polis Massa, YODA meditates.

YODA: Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is ...

QUI -GON: (V.O.) Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.

YODA: Eternal consciousness.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

YODA: . . . to become one with the Force, and influence still have . . . A power greater than all, it is.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

YODA: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.

YODA thinks about this for a minute, then BAIL ORGANA enters the room and breaks his meditation.

BAIL ORGANA: Excuse me, Master Yoda. Obi-Wan Kenobi has made contact.
--- That may sort of hint at the whole force ghost... but what isn't answered.. and someone who understands, please explain: How did Qui-Gon figure this out... and why didn't he disappear.. didn't other jedi who died even in the clone wars geonosis battle scene disappear? And then how did Anakin figure this out?

CAN OF WORMS>>>> "NOOOOO!"

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 03:55 AM
Click here to Send ab2421 a Private Message Find more posts by ab2421 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote