KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Would the PT have been more effective if it had been filmed as one block?

Would the PT have been more effective if it had been filmed as one block?
Started by: Y-chromo kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Y-chromo kid

Would the PT have been more effective if it had been filmed as one block?

What I mean is, instead of three segments and gaps of some years between each, the whole story should have been written and shot as one (rather like LOTR). Theoretically at least, problems could have been better identified and rectified under this approach, instead of all the tripping up, uncomfortable backtracking and clumsy editing that came with the bolting together of three, not exactly seamless episodes.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Y-chromo kid a Private Message Find more posts by Y-chromo kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

No. It was important to show Anakin at a young age. It is his story after all...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 12:43 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ccoo

I don't have a problem shooting one movie after the other, but I definitely think Lucas should have wrote all 3 movies out before filming started. ROTS is such a great movie, but he tried to cram too many things in it. Unfortunately, many great subjects were left out due to time contraints: Qui-Gon talking to Yoda, Padme starting the rebel alliance, Yoda flying into Dagobah, and I'm sure many scenes with dialogue between Anakin & Palpatine were cut down too.

If Lucas would have wrote all 3 scripts together, he would have realized that ROTS had too much story for a 2 hour movie, and he may have put a little more from that into TPM & AOTC.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 12:49 PM
Click here to Send ccoo a Private Message Find more posts by ccoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

definetly ccoo. I was just discussing that with some guys at my work. If he'd just written them all out first, he'd have been able to better maximize the screen time with more "story" early on, which would have maybe made I and II a lot better than they were because they would have had a bit more weight. As they stand now they're good, but require a lot of out of movie exposition to really be effective.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 01:14 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

It would have been more effective if the story of ep1 had been ep2 and the story of ep3 divided into ep2 and 3>>>more time, more explanation!

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 01:29 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bubbapilot
Smuggler

If he had written and filmed them all together he wouldn't have had the chance to fill all the plot holes that he opened. I truely think the wiping of 3PO's memory at the end was his way of fixing his goof.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Bubbapilot a Private Message Find more posts by Bubbapilot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Yeah, but what about R2? He never gets a Memory Wipe..

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 01:44 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bubbapilot
Smuggler

There was a line in ANH where 3PO says that R2 claims to be the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi. If R2's memory was wiped, then he wouldn't of known who Obi-Wan was. Also, 3PO is a blabber mouth, and no one really knows what R2 is saying.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Bubbapilot a Private Message Find more posts by Bubbapilot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

I wish that the PT would have focussed more on the history of the jedi and the sith instead of retard gungans and political non sense. GL realy lost his touch on this one and lets face it, he's not the best director around.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 02:16 AM
Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

The best movie of the 6 he didn't even direct. That's gotta say something.

That was probably just a coincidence though, right? laughing

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 02:22 AM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote