KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Yoda's Final Battle

Yoda's Final Battle
Started by: czkarl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
czkarl

Yoda's Final Battle

** I am no star wars expert**

** I base my theory on typical "force/magic beliefs from many different fantasy worlds. **

It seems to me that in most novels and stories involving the force (or magic call it what you will in the end it gives you powers not normal obtained by people) If you consume too much of the force/magic it can have irreversible effects such has weakened abilities or even burn outs where you are no longer able to use your once powerful gift.

Is it possible that Yoda suffered this weakened state/burnout at the end of ROTS. I, for one can't recall him using the force after that battle. I however, have not seen the older star wars in some years now. Though he may of used the force during the training of Luke.

It just seems like that final match was just to equally match for a being such has Yoda to give up. Yoda has Palp beat in sword skills and was a especially adapt at defending himself from the force, however not truly using it either. Its just a little something I cooked up watching the movie a second time.

Please don't flame me to bad I was just curious.
Please enlighten me has to why this is improbable too.

CzKarl

Last edited by czkarl on Jun 3rd, 2005 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:06 PM
Click here to Send czkarl a Private Message Find more posts by czkarl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

He did use the force during the training of Luke to have Luke believe that the Force was for real... He lifted his X-wing out of the swamp...

But yeah, I agree as to why didn't Yoda try to do anything else after he blew back the force lighting...

Who knows.. I loved that scene but I guess there wouldn't be much of an Episode IV, V and VI if Yoda did overcome the Emperor.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

of course he used the force in the ot. he lifted the x-wing out of the swamp.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:19 PM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

In Ep VI, he was old and weak, as Yoda said, so he was probably gradually losing his powers before he died.

When he fought Palpy, I bet you he wasn;t in his prime

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

I just said that.... Yoda is 900 when we see him again in Episode V... or wiat was that 4... I think it was 5.

Click here to Send Jedi Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orkaz
padawan

800 smile

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:28 PM
Click here to Send orkaz a Private Message Find more posts by orkaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orkaz
padawan

"for 800 year old you are, you not look so good hmmmm?"- yoda

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:29 PM
Click here to Send orkaz a Private Message Find more posts by orkaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Bong
Perpetually High

I believe it was "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not." smokin'

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Bong a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Bong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

^^ yep thats the correct quote

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:07 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Bong
I believe it was "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not." smokin'

correct thumb up

however, as others have said, he did lift the x-wing. But it seemed to have its toll on him as before he did stuff like that and more difficult without breaking a sweat.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:19 PM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

no its "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you're not, hmm"

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

YODA: "When 900 year old you reach, look as good you will not."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:36 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

Yoda is stated as being 875 years old when we meet him again in Episode II... From the Episode II Yoda Trailer... Right?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:37 AM
orkaz
padawan

OK i realise i was wrong in that quote will people stop correcting me already!!! i got confused with the fact in ESB he stated he'd been training jedi 4 800 years,

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:40 AM
orkaz
padawan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wickerman
correct thumb up

however, as others have said, he did lift the x-wing. But it seemed to have its toll on him as before he did stuff like that and more difficult without breaking a sweat.

~wickerman~

a think it was mainly due to the special effect restrictions back then, i mean he was a puppet so they couldn't have him do anything to fancy!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:43 AM
green dude

true did they use pupet in Rots? and how did they get pupet to move mouth so well ?

But if long he has lived wouldn't strength he have in force ? but will along with spirit and body strength fail ?

Will grow and perish with them strength with force?

And how dose luke see the images of the 3 dead guys Obi Yoda and Ani ?

Answer these will you ? or ingnor me you will? hmm ? confused

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 03:11 AM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
czkarl

As for Luke seeing Yoda Ben and Ana. I think that was the path to immortality that Yoda mentioned *S*Quigon*P* obtianed.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:40 AM
Click here to Send czkarl a Private Message Find more posts by czkarl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

czkarl: Interesting theory, but I don't think Yoda had a 'burn-out' such as you describe it. As pointed out, he still used the Force just fine in the OT.

If Palpatine's identity had been unravelled earlier, Yoda would have wiped him out (and he came very close as it was). The only reason Sidious was able to hold out was that Yoda wasn't at his peak. He was heartsick over the deaths of all but one of his family (the Jedi).

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 10:26 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
czkarl

Good point about the deaths of his beloved Younglings and Jedi friends. It apperas that to be at your peak you must be in complete emotional control of yourself. I'm sure he wouldn't of been in control with his world going upside down infron of him.

On a side note. durrr yea I forgot the X-wing thing.... revise that to be possible weakend by the fight + his age + the lose of his only way of life to that point. I imagine losing everything you has known for 900 or so years is kinda devistating.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:16 PM
Yuxa
Restricted

Account Restricted

yoda fight with palpatine was his last one. then he became a trainer for luke.

Hello!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Yuxa a Private Message Find more posts by Yuxa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote