KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin's father...

Anakin's father...
Started by: ob-one

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ob-one

Anakin's father...

Yes, I know... in Episode 1, Shmi states that Ani has no father... she can't explain it. Yet, later in the same epi, Qui-gon states that he believes that Anikin is the 'chosen one' of the prophecy... created by the midichilorians to bring balance to the force.

This would seem to indicate that Anikin has no father. However, in Episode 3, Palpatine shares this with Anikin...

Palpatine: "I thought not, its not a story the jedi would tell you. It's a sith legend. Darth Plagues was a dark lord of the sith so powerful and so wise he could use the force to influence the midichilorians to create........life."

And, moments later, he goes on to reveal that Darth Plagues' apprentice later killed him in his sleep.

The obvious implication in this bit of dialog is that Palp is the apprentice that off'ed Darth Plagues. The less obvious, but still clear implication - assuming that you hold to the belief that Ani is the chosen one and was created by the midichilorians in a way that was unexplainable by Shmi - is that Darth Plagues influenced the midichlorians to create... Anikin.

So, am I completely off the mark here? Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Just thought I'd throw this out to see if anyone caught this bit of subtlety... cool

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:32 PM
Click here to Send ob-one a Private Message Find more posts by ob-one Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

There are many threads discussing this exact theory.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:33 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

for the love of god, plagius is not anakins father...

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:08 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

The thread starter NEVER, I repeat NEVER returns to their thread.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:10 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I believe the Sith created Anakin.

ooga booga

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:24 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Plageus influenced the midicorians to create ANakin.............ah forget it, this has been discussed to a point where I dont care anymore

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ob-one

quote: (post)
Originally posted by astrofan428
The thread starter NEVER, I repeat NEVER returns to their thread.

Sorry to prove you wrong, astrofan428... I did return.

And yes, I have seen similar posts, but I just found this board earlier today and, after doing a quick search (no, I didn't do an exhaustive one - otherwise I wouldn't have posted it), didn't see anything along those lines. So, for that, I'm sorry.

Thanks for replying, though... big grin

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:10 AM
Click here to Send ob-one a Private Message Find more posts by ob-one Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orkaz
padawan

bored of this argument now like, no disrespect m8, i posted the same thread not so long back!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:14 AM
Click here to Send orkaz a Private Message Find more posts by orkaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ob-one
Sorry to prove you wrong, astrofan428... I did return.

And yes, I have seen similar posts, but I just found this board earlier today and, after doing a quick search (no, I didn't do an exhaustive one - otherwise I wouldn't have posted it), didn't see anything along those lines. So, for that, I'm sorry.

Thanks for replying, though... big grin

It is a fluke, you must be some statistical anomally. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:16 AM