KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » To All Fans! Read Book! Duh!

To All Fans! Read Book! Duh!
Started by: Ominous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ominous

Worried To All Fans! Read Book! Duh!

READ THE DARN BOOK, IF U WANT MORE INFO, READ U LAZY KNUCKLEHEADS, IT MIGHT HELP U LATER IN LIFE! sad WELL MAYBE

Granted as far as this book goes, movie was probably better. usualy books are good for more info and detail but the speed was greatly reduced, to much that wasnt neccesarily needed. bUt it does talk about the Jedi considering on Sisious exposing himself so they did what they thought was best. and that should have been in movie just like the talk between Qui and Yoda so people know why Obi disapeared, and why Vader stomped on cloak, probably because he was confused. Because Qui taught him something totaly new that Darth may not have been aware of, is the reason he says
"If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possiably imagine" it all relates to what Qui taught Yoda and Obi.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Ominous a Private Message Find more posts by Ominous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Nah.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:04 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ominous

oh come now u must be tempted! ... "U shall read the book and the eat the entire contents!.... oh yeah u saw the wave of the hand right?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Ominous a Private Message Find more posts by Ominous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I thought that they cut way too much out of the book. The movie would have felt like it had more substance if they included some of what was in there.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:07 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jabbar
Jedi Master Jabbar

meh

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:11 AM
Click here to Send jabbar a Private Message Find more posts by jabbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Read for pleasure?!? Are you mad? wink

I shouldn't have to read a book in order to understand a movie. What kind of logic is that?

Besides, the book aint canon in my opinion.

And yeah... reading the book would just make me mad about what they didn't include in the film.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:13 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I shouldn't have to read a book in order to understand a movie. What kind of logic is that?

Besides, the book aint canon in my opinion.

And yeah... reading the book would just make me mad about what they didn't include in the film.

May not be canon, but it is cool. stick out tongue

Come check out the new billboard dodo, you like sidious.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:14 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bubbapilot
Smuggler

I have to agree with Ominous. I saw the movie opening night and while it had some flaws, I was blown away. I had planned on seeing again the next weekend, but my father decided to have a heart attack so I spent the weekend at the hospital. Since I couldn't go see the movie again and I was bored out of my mind, I purchased the book. In my opinion it enhanced the movie.

Now, I'm not as nit-picky as some around here (to each his own) so I wasn't disappointed in the movie. But I felt the book did a nice job of explaining some things better than the movie did.

Since it looks like another week or two until I can get to the theater again, I am starting to read it once more.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:57 AM
Click here to Send Bubbapilot a Private Message Find more posts by Bubbapilot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Isn't the reason they make movies so we won't have to waste our time reading the book? smile

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

I read it. Has a bit more detail but its still not the same...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ominous

Sorry to hear about your father Bubba, i know how you feel my Dad was so excited to take me to episode 4 when it came out and I was captivated, so was he for an adult, unfortunately he didnt make this one, he would have loved it.
Yes the book has neat little things, and extras that I enjoyed but I realy felt the movie moved along better than the books of episode 1 or 2. So is it worth it, probably, but in this case the movie for the first time in my life was better.

What the hell is canon? you darn kids and your crazy hip lingo, jeez. reading

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:24 AM
Hazardous

i like the book. nice to see things from other perspectives, like dooku. very nice big grin

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:29 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I'll read it eventually but not soon...my copy won't even come for ages

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

stick out tongue i only bought mine a few days ago...i cant believe it took me so long....

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 03:13 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought the movie was great about how much info they put in there. For instance, the quigon sceen would have seemed a bit dull at that point of the movie. All the exciting things in the movie have happened, and its time to end it, without going into to much detail.

Anyway, I never read the book and dont intend too, I like star wars the way I currently percieve it by only watching the movies.
Therefore, I dont like this thread, cause you cant tell people to read the book, even if they want answers

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 08:53 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ominous

Oh I can tell you, yes And you want to obey but you dont, lol
well I just started it because people were asking quite easy little things on other threads that are in the book.I figured if they wanna know so bad they should read.

I for one dont let a book destroy my liking a movie, If I liked a movie then its not going to change, I love more so even though the book doesnt follow it exactly its just more detail or from a slightly different angle. I love it because it may explain reasonings that the movie doenst have time to explain or show. A great example was how the Jedi believed they were ready for Sidious to expose himself, that was cool, they knew they were spread out,
But I enjoyed that little substance, gives the Jedi council more credibility.

So anyhoo, by reading this thread you have just made your first step into a larger world, the world of books, Happy Dance laughing

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:37 AM
Darth Halo
Dark Sith Lord

This is why there should be another movie so they can show what happened in between EP.3-4. It can show Luke as a moisture farmer but near the end. Obi as an older but still like in his 50's training to do the dissappear trick and Yoda training too before he goes to dagobah. Then maybe some Darth Taking over or more like The Empire taking over. ROTS only showed the fall of democracy.(not meaning to get political). But there can be a good movie maybe not an all new trilogy just one last one.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:56 AM
Click here to Send Darth Halo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Halo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ominous
oh come now u must be tempted! ... "U shall read the book and the eat the entire contents!.... oh yeah u saw the wave of the hand right?

most of us here read the book the minute it came out. That was a tempting enough reason

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

I'm beginning to think some people believe that the film was actually based on the novel...

no expression

Read the book!!!!....

....If you want to learn more about Matthew Stover's personal interpretation of, and embellishments upon, an early revision of the ROTS script.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:27 AM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

books suck, how can u enjoy reading star wars? its meant to be a movie

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote