KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Timeline on the construction of the death star

Timeline on the construction of the death star
Started by: kalsemo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kalsemo

Timeline on the construction of the death star

Ok, now since Anikan's downfall happened relatively quick, (I'm not talking quick as in movie time, but quick as in story plot.... but then again the movie time was quick for that matter anyway) how come at the end all of the sudden you see them looking at the death star? Could the construction have had happened THAT quickly or had palpatine already started building it before he seduced anikan? And if so, wouldn't that have aroused suspicion of everyone in the universe? Like as in looking at the construction, "hey what are they building over there?" (kind of like when you see something new in your neighborhood it piques your curiosity).... so how could palpatine have hidden that under wraps for so long...... or, had it just been built literally overnight once he seduced anikan???? .... maybe this is a good question for "Clerks" director kevin smith!!!!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:11 PM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I've been meaning to ask this also... at the end of III when Sidious and Vader are looking at the partially constructed Death Star, is that old footage of the guy from IV on the deck as they are panning in? It reminds me of the guy on IV until he takes his leave of them and that is a closer shot. I just don't remember a scene like that in IV, perhaps it was deleted?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

no i don't think so just a "younger tarkin" lookalike

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:22 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

^^^^ Speaking of time, I think someone has a little too much time on their hands.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyway, their galaxy consists of thousands of systems, many of which are probably not even inhabited. its a big universe. im sure they can find a hiding spot.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:30 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
^^^^ Speaking of time, I think someone has a little too much time on their hands.

only took slightly over 2 minutes
and if it will educate others, time well spent.

-command+shift+3 on a mac for screen capture,
-open in photoshop
-write using handy wacom pen tablet
-save

not very time consuming at all

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:32 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyway kalsemo, dont take that as a personal shot.
you've actually made some pretty decent threads, the exception being this.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:54 PM
Echuu
Master Jedi

Originally posted by PVS

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Nice!

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PVS
anyway kalsemo, dont take that as a personal shot.
you've actually made some pretty decent threads, the exception being this.

just wanted to repeat that

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:44 PM
kalsemo

Thanks PVS

Thank you PVS... I guess the thing is I am new to the Star Wars world of geekdom... and also new to this cool forum... so maybe I'm not was well-trained on what to say or where to look.... but I still love this forum!!! Even the funniest or most pointless threads are still a hoot to read!!!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:49 AM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

How very blatant and straightforward, PVS. No one will read it. stick out tongue

Kalsemo, no worries, most new folk do this, so other 'privileged' people like to stick it to them to behave like they were born here. Pfft...

Anyway, on topic. Pretty sure the Empire didn't NEED a hiding spot. At one point, there was a rumor that the Death Star(s) were built over Coruscant.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:52 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

ok I checked out the other thread and that didn't address my question entirely

My question was, how come the death star was there all of the sudden considering Palpatine's seduction of Anikan to the dark side only took a short time? Palpatine couldn't have known for sure that Anikan would be seduced (until it actually happened). So, was the construction an overnight rush job once he knew he had anikan in the palm of his hand, or had he been working on it all along anyway? And if he had been working on it all along, how could he not have aroused suspicion?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:52 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

WTF? The Death Star wasn't made for Vader! What the hell?!?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:57 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

ok then please enlighten me

I've stated before in other posts I'm new to Star Wars geekdom so please bear with me... maybe I don't know the entire background of the death star.... if it wasn't built specifically because Vader had been seduced, then what was palpatine's vision for who would control the death star? was he gonna do it on his own? and then he just got lucky that Vader was seduced?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 07:08 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Huh?!? Is anyone else confused?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 11:36 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude, the deathstar would have been built regardless.
there ARE some parallels between the deathstar and vader,
but in a cinematic way and having nothing to do with the plot.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 11:43 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

more likely palps had been building it soon after getting the plans from dooku vader just happened to be there when it was being built

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 12:18 PM
Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think grey fox is correct. they were pretty far into construction, so i think it began shortly after the finish of ep2.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 12:20 PM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I agree... Tarkin was probably overseeing it.

Yay! Go Tarkin!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 12:22 PM