KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What Do You Think Would Have Happened

What Do You Think Would Have Happened
Started by: Ani's Girl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

What Do You Think Would Have Happened

If Mace had allowed Anakin to go with him to arrest Palpatine?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Halo
Dark Sith Lord

I don't think he would've joined the darkside because he would have seen what really transpired in the office of palpatine. He came in after Mace had him floored thus it looked like the jedi were trying to control the senate.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Halo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Halo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I thought so too....funny how the subsequent times I've seen it I keep want to kick Mace for not taking him, LOL!!!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:25 AM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

The same thing. Anakin would of been like "I need him!" and stuff then kill mace.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

No, he'd have known Palpatine was lying about the Jedi trying to take over.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:30 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Halo
Dark Sith Lord

yeah the lies would have been revealed. then he knows that the darkside is truly corrupt and Anakin would have seen and made a decison to fight for the jedi and probably got killed by palpy

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth Halo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Halo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jabbar
Jedi Master Jabbar

No, palpy would use the "only I have the power to save the one you love" argument, and anakin's greed would have made him make the same decision and collect Mace's hand.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:55 AM
Click here to Send jabbar a Private Message Find more posts by jabbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

The jedi DO try to take over, mate.
They're trying to kill the supreme chansellor

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Jango, they have a good reason. Not every day that the leader of the galaxy is a Sith Lord with every intent of sending the Republic straight to hell. stick out tongue

But yes, Anakin would have found out that Palpatine was truely evil, not at all nice and willing to help...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:24 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HECK
I am Jack's funnybone

Palpatine did put on quite a show. Too bad Anakin didn't see the dead Jedi in the other room.

-HECK!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:34 AM
Click here to Send HECK a Private Message Find more posts by HECK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

FISTO: Anakin...watch where you're...

*ANAKIN tramples on FISTO's injury, killing him*

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:39 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I remember seeing images a while ago, where Anakin was with Palpatine when Mace and co. come in to arrest him. We all know that wasn't the case in the final movie, but it really makes me wonder how it would have turned out.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

They did that on purpose, to do exactly that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:06 AM
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

They didn't film a scene a certain way to make people speculate on it. GL changed his mind later. All they had to change was the pre-fight talk & the new arrival of Anakin. Look closely at the saber hilt that Palpatine is using when he is dueling Mace. It's Anakin's. In the original scene Palpatine force grabbed Anakin's saber to fight the 4 masters trying to arrest him. This is the "real" reason why Palpatine still had a lightsaber left to fight Yoda. originally, that was the first time he pulled out his own saber. But when GL changed the story around, they reshot the arrest scene & had Palps snap out his saber from his sleeve there as well.

Sources? Making Of book & OS.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:14 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote