KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Obi and Yoda

Obi and Yoda
Started by: Arbiter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Obi and Yoda

Why did Obi-Wan and Yoda hide. All Obi had to do was push Anakin into the lava, no Vader. Give Yoda Anakin's lightsaber and doubleteam Sidious. Their would be no way he could defeat both Yoda and Obi-Wan.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 06:54 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin316

yea thats very true obi-wan and yoda would make a badass team , no even sidious would be able to defeat them

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Anakin316 a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Sidious had hundreds of thousands of stormtroopers at his call. Try beating sids with hundreds of troopers shooting at you at the same time.
Read the book. Yoda says he only had one chance and that if he returned to de-throne the emperor, sids would have many troops with him. Obi-Wan could not force push his best friend into the lava. He just couldn't do it.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yes the fact that Obi-Wan isnt an ******* really comes back to bite him. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:08 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

How many of you would have pushed Anakin into the lava, I wouldn't let him suffer to death.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:14 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Yah but you werent his best friend or had an emotional bond with him did you? That changes everything. Obi-Wan could not kill his friend that way.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yoda only had the element of surprise with him during his duel with Sidious. If Sidious knew he was still alive he would already have surrounded himself with as many available troopers as he could.

There was only one shot Yoda had to defeat Palpatine, and he blew it.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:18 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I don't think that Yoda should have ran away. Sidious was grasping for life on the platform and Yoda just crawled away.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:30 PM
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Zodiac
I don't think that Yoda should have ran away. Sidious was grasping for life on the platform and Yoda just crawled away.

Yoda also lost his lightsaber and had fallen a great distance. Sidious had more energy, plus he still had a hold of his weapon.

If Yoda had even attempted to get back into the fight he would have the floor wiped up with his little green buttocks.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:35 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Yep, he was battered and bruised after that fall.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:42 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Look Obi and Yoda could have faced Sidious again. How do you think they got into the Jedi Temple? Their were a lot of Clone Troopers. Yoda would kill the troopers and Obi would have held off Sidious. Yoda would use the force to blast back dozens at a time. And Yoda could have forced pulled Sidious down making him fall a great distance and Yoda didn't he look around for the lightsaber.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 07:50 PM
LanceWindu

Look Obi and Yoda could have faced Sidious again. How do you think they got into the Jedi Temple? Their were a lot of Clone Troopers. Yoda would kill the troopers and Obi would have held off Sidious. Yoda would use the force to blast back dozens at a time. And Yoda could have forced pulled Sidious down making him fall a great distance and Yoda didn't he look around for the lightsaber.

Oh yeah...Yoda took the time to look for his lightsaber when there was a homicidal Sith getting ready to chop him to bits. roll eyes (sarcastic) He fled as fast as he could because he knew he could not defeat Sidious.

Obi-Wan hold off Sids? I don't think so. Sidious would have Obi-Wan down for the count within seconds, and Yoda would be faced with 100 or more Clonetroopers and Sidious at the same time. Did someone order Baked Potato topped witth chopped Green Munchikn?

Face it, Sidious won and there was no other way for the Jedi to face him again, it was a one sided battle.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:01 PM
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:07 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Obi couldn't take Sidious? I'm sure Obi was stronger then Mace and he killed Sidious's @$$! Yoda would so kill the Clone Troopers by picking up a fighter or two and throwing it at them. If Yoda wasn't done in tome Obi would have killed Sidious. I'm sure Sidious lost his lightsaber that's why he didn't have it in ROTJ.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:11 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Obi couldn't take Sidious? I'm sure Obi was stronger then Mace and he killed Sidious's @$$! Yoda would so kill the Clone Troopers by picking up a fighter or two and throwing it at them. If Yoda wasn't done in tome Obi would have killed Sidious. I'm sure Sidious lost his lightsaber that's why he didn't have it in ROTJ.

Mace killed sidious? Okay what did I miss?

Mace was a far better swordsman than Obi-Wan.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:12 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Sidious didn't have a saber in ROTJ because he felt it was to trivial a weapon to carry around. Mace did not by any means "own" Sidious either.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:14 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Mace had Sidious begging for life and don't say he was acting cause Anakin was struggling between good and evil and Sidious wouldn't have taken the risk of getting killed.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:17 PM
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Hmmmm... I don't know about that one. Anyways, the point is there was no second chance and Obi-Wan and Yoda would not have been able to to defeat him a second time.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:19 PM
LanceWindu

HA! That's laughable.

Whoever said that a rematch would take place where there were fighters around for Yoda to throw? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mace got pwned by Sidious, Sids faked his defeat to help turn Anakin to the Dark Side. If Ani saw Palps kicking Mace's ass he would see the reason why Mace was fighting Palpatine in the first place.

Sure Anakin knew Palps was the Sith Lord, but he did NOT see Palpatine give reason for Mace to kick his ass. In Anakin's eyes Mace was bullying Palpatine and was going to kill an unarmed man, Anakin regretted the way he killed Dooku and he did not want Mace to do the same. That is why..."In my eyes, the Jedi are evil!"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:20 PM
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
HA! That's laughable.

Whoever said that a rematch would take place where there were fighters around for Yoda to throw? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mace got pwned by Sidious, Sids faked his defeat to help turn Anakin to the Dark Side. If Ani saw Palps kicking Mace's ass he would see the reason why Mace was fighting Palpatine in the first place.

Sure Anakin knew Palps was the Sith Lord, but he did NOT see Palpatine give reason for Mace to kick his ass. In Anakin's eyes Mace was bullying Palpatine and was going to kill an unarmed man, Anakin regretted the way he killed Dooku and he did not want Mace to do the same. That is why..."In my eyes, the Jedi are evil!"

Well said!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 08:22 PM