KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Somebody Help!!!!!!!

Somebody Help!!!!!!!
Started by: Dark Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Somebody Help!!!!!!!

some ppl keep on saying anakin is stronger than sidious, sidious is stronger than anakin, yoda stronger than anakin, and vice-versa. This is sooooooo confusing. somebody help me arrange these characters in ROTS from strongest to weakest

anakin
palpatine
yoda
obi-wan
mace

I APPRECIATE IT AND THANK YOU

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

make up your own mind then if your confused erm

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:24 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Simple answer: There is no definitive answer! Any given day, one of these people might be stronger than the other. In the end it is left up for you to decide. wink

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:26 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Simple answer: There is no definitive answer! Any given day, one of these people might be stronger than the other. In the end it is left up for you to decide. wink

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:36 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

They all die.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:40 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Re: Somebody Help!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dark Thor
some ppl keep on saying anakin is stronger than sidious, sidious is stronger than anakin, yoda stronger than anakin, and vice-versa. This is sooooooo confusing. somebody help me arrange these characters in ROTS from strongest to weakest

anakin
palpatine
yoda
obi-wan
mace

I APPRECIATE IT AND THANK YOU

Not a very simple answer

Anakin as we see him in ROTS wasn't more powerful than most you see there. In force power, he was as strong as Obi (seen when they fight and both try to force push the other). In lightsaber skills, he's inferior to all of them except for Obi Wan. I'd go so far as to say he's better than Obi and that the only real advantage Obi had was that his style was very defensive and he knew all of Anakin's moves from before.

Palpatine is stronger than Anakin and Obi Wan in ROTS by a mile. Now, some say Yoda could have taken him, or that Mace was actually winning. We can't say, but i think Mace was only winning because Sids was letting him win.

That said, the way i see things is:

1. Sidious and Yoda, tied for 1st place
2. Mace - this much is obvious
3. Obi Wan and Anakin tied for 3rd place in force power, with Anakin MAYBE a bit better in lightsaber control.

ps: this is all regarding the way we see them in ROTS, nothing more, nothing less.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:33 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Like Wickerman said, not an easy answer.

They all have their strong suits.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:37 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Like Wickerman said, not an easy answer.

They all have their strong suits.

which is the reason for about 40% of the threads in the Star Wars vs. forum laughing

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:39 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes, there is no right answer in a vs
Man, people should quit dealing in absolutes!

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:39 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Robin Darkside
dealing in absolutes!

Somebody's been watching ROTS too many times roll eyes (sarcastic) .......you little sith you.....wink

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:41 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wickerman
Somebody's been watching ROTS too many times roll eyes (sarcastic) .......you little sith you.....wink

~wickerman~

ahh, I'm the oposite, and I didn't have to watch it many times to know that sith deal with absolutes, and
I said not to deal with absolutes, so how am I sith?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:43 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

laughing

I agree... you can't think of these things as absolutes. No jedi or sith is perfect... they are all prone to errors and can make mistakes, no matter how powerful they are.

Cases in point: Sidious got pwned by an iron lung! Maul got chopped in half by a padawan, etc.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:45 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

ahh, I'm the oposite, and I didn't have to watch it many times to know that sith deal with absolutes, and
I said not to deal with absolutes, so how am I sith?

Wow...you actually thought i was serious O_o cause....i...wasn't you know.....it was just funny you used ......err.....nevermind sad

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:47 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

so many factors are involved when two are dueling, you cant say that the most powerful one is the one who wins (Hence, thinking in absolutes).
Anakin was more powerful, he didn't win, for example.
Just said an example between Anakin and Obiwan, not to start a argument

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:48 AM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

so many factors are involved when two are dueling, you cant say that the most powerful one is the one who wins (Hence, thinking in absolutes).
Anakin was more powerful, he didn't win, for example.
Just said an example between Anakin and Obiwan, not to start a argument

Anakin was NOT more powerful. He had the POTENTIAL to become more powerful. At the time of ROTS he wasn't more powerful than Obi. He however had the POTENTIAL to become that. More powerful than him, Sids and Yoda.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:50 AM
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

ahh, I just said, not to start an argument, fine, I take it back

just saying as an example, non argumative, one is more powerful than the other, regardless.
I think your thinking in absolutes

Last edited by Robin Darkside on Jun 25th, 2005 at 06:53 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:51 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I believe Anakin and Obi-Wan were very evenly matched.

After Anakin turns to the darkside, the edge is given to Anakin. Anakin became more powerful... with that raw power, came a new weakness though... overconfidence!

Anakin controlled the entire duel on Mustafar until he slipped up. Obi-Wan was in defense mode the entire time.

Yet, Kenobi was more experienced, keeping his cool, and waiting for the opportune time.

It depends greatly on your own point of view... this is a whole other debate really... which side is stronger? The darkside or the lightside? I think in terms of raw power, Lucas has said the darkside is stronger. But ultimately, the lightside prevails in the end which means the lightside is really stronger. wink

Last edited by notDeadYet! on Jun 25th, 2005 at 07:01 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 06:58 AM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

I think your thinking in absolutes

I must be a sith

quote:
Anakin controlled the entire duel on Mustafar until he slipped up. Obi-Wan was in defense mode the entire time.

Anakin didn't control the entire duel on Mustafar one bit. Obi's style, Soresu is based on being EXTREMELY defensive, and only attacking when the opponent slips up. So he wasn't losing one bit...he was just waiting. That was his fighting style, and one of my favorites stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 07:04 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Well, I don't know anything about different fencing styles really, but it appeared that Anakin was doing all of the aggression and attacking... throwing all of the power at Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan just sort of deflected it all around him and hid in a safe zone until Anakin did something stupid (which he knew Anakin would do wink ) And I never said Obi-Wan was losing... he was just in defensive mode. Anakin seemed to be the one working with all of the raw power. But it was basically ALL show.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 07:30 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wickerman
Wow...you actually thought i was serious O_o cause....i...wasn't you know.....it was just funny you used ......err.....nevermind sad

~wickerman~

Nice comeback, but there is something about it i just can't buy.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 07:36 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote