KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Don't knock about Royal Guards!!!

Don't knock about Royal Guards!!!
Started by: Dirty Vader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dirty Vader

Don't knock about Royal Guards!!!

When Yoda enters Palpy's office, the two royal guards react like idiots and get knocked against the wall. Everyone in the cinema clapped and it did bring a smile to my face. Nevertheless after a second, I was outraged by the scene.
No-one, no-one should be able to easily dismiss that which is the discreet but nonetheless the coolest and very much respected caracters the way Yoda did. Was anyone else outraged by this? wink
I guess EU and all the other stuff I read about the Royal guard awoke that feeling, but I didn't like it.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:41 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

What did you expect? It was Yoda, they didnt stand a chance.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:43 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

blink

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:43 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

If there was one person that could get away with "disrespecting" the guards it was Yoda! big grin

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:46 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkYoda
If there was one person that could get away with "disrespecting" the guards it was Yoda! big grin

Indeed

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jabbar
Jedi Master Jabbar

Yoda is outrageously powerful, dude. Royal guards don't even stand a chance to an ordinary Jedi Knight!

Yoda is so cool!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:47 AM
Click here to Send jabbar a Private Message Find more posts by jabbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jerico
Generic Badguy

Its awesome how his guards are standing on the inside letting any schmuck just walk in and bump them off before they even try to react. Hah.
Hell some bozo could open the door and chuck in a hand grenade and they'd be like *gasp!* *explode!*

No ok assuming there was guards outside which we dont see get clobbered its still funny

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:44 AM
Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I dont know why that was so cool....the royal guards never do anything anyway....but none the less it was cool

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 07:38 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rif

Yeah, I'm a member of 501st Legion. On Polish premiere RotS I was in my Royal Guard disguise - polishoutpost.com/pliki_pl/galleries/images/starwars013.jpg
Hundreds of photo with fans, midnight show and then scene with Yoda and RG's. Seven hundred people laugh with this. It was for me so embarrassing... Yoda you little creep.
Beside that, Lucas cut some scene's with Guards.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:40 AM
Click here to Send Rif a Private Message Find more posts by Rif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

I thought that was a great scene. The way Yoda throws the Guards aside without even looking at them. He was a (little green) man with a mission!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:12 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

And after that when he throws sid in that chair, that was cool too

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:35 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aluminum Falcon

Originally posted by chilled monkey
I thought that was a great scene. The way Yoda throws the Guards aside without even looking at them. He was a (little green) man with a mission!

I didn't had to laugh at all, while everyone else was laughing. I thought it was cool, but not funny. Maybe I just have another sence of humour or something.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:36 AM
Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Yo muserke long time no see
and it was a really funny scene

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:40 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by jango fat
And after that when he throws sid in that chair, that was cool too

Yeah, that part was GREAT!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 11:12 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I laughed at that AND him throwing Sidieous into the chair and it flipping over backwards.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:30 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

all i know is a gif animation of that scene would make an ideal "OWNED" shot

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:46 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I have to admit that all five times that I have seen that movie, the higher percentage of people in the theater laughed at Yoda tossing those guards like they were nothing.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

that part is funny but not haha funny.

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 01:21 PM
Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

your possibly over rating those gaurd coz of eu bull .

in the films they never do anything but stand there

oh and yoda is POWERFUL

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 01:49 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Laughing at that scene is simply ridiculous. If you go like "holy shit" that's one thing because of the power shown. But laughing of it.... just plain lame. Like the f**k*rs behind me that didn't shut up the whole fu**in movie despite the fact that I kept ofending them :P

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote