KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Palpatine's Master Plan

Palpatine's Master Plan
Started by: Rebel Sith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel Sith

Palpatine's Master Plan

What was Palp's original Plan???
One thing is for sure, he really wanted that treaty signed in Menace - How would have getting that signed helped him??
Did he know that he would ultimately get anakin in the end or did it just work out that way??
and just for an added bonus, how would have it worked out if anakin never even existed????

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 04:55 AM
Click here to Send Rebel Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Maybe he wanted the treaty signed so when he was elected Chancellor, he could settle the dispute therefore looking like a hero to the people?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

im not sure to be honest, i think he would of Kept Maul since he prob taught him when he was very young, but i would like somone to tell me the full story.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 07:55 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader1

All I know is that Palpatine has been planning to rule the galaxy ever since TPM. He used the senators of Naboo as puppets practically, first saying that Amidala should have a vote of no confidence in Valorrum, then in AOTC he used Jar Jar to give him emergency powers to him so he could get the clones.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:01 PM
Click here to Send vader1 a Private Message Find more posts by vader1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader1

S*** Sorry erase the "to him" after emergency powers.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:02 PM
Click here to Send vader1 a Private Message Find more posts by vader1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I believe that the treaty was to gain the trust of the Trade Fed. and to draw them into the CIS so that he could begin the Clone War and give birth to the Galactic Empire. After all he had the clones being made for 10 years. The length in between 1 and 2.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:09 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vader1
S*** Sorry erase the "to him" after emergency powers.

Just use the edit button next time.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:06 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ImperialPEZ
Clone Flavored

I watched TPM yesterday and was wondering the same thing. He adamantly says, "I want that treaty signed." Also, Maul was to capture the Queen on Tatooine and take her back to Naboo to sign the treaty. If she had signed it, the invasion would have been legal, so I'm not sure how it would have helped Senator Palpatine or Darth Sidious (one in the same).

"Only now, at the end, do you understand"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:58 PM
Click here to Send ImperialPEZ a Private Message Find more posts by ImperialPEZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

It would have helped cause though the treaty was signed, she would still appeal for the senate and senator palpatine eventually would have gain the votes necessary for election. IMO it would all end the same, though through a different way.

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote