KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode II--Attack of the Really Bad Movie Titles

Episode II--Attack of the Really Bad Movie Titles
Started by: DarkAge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

Episode II--Attack of the Really Bad Movie Titles

Attack of the Clones could have worked in the '50s. Unfortunately, this movie was released in 2002. Now that we know how the events of Episode II fit in with the rest of the series, what would have been a better name for it? I would have prefered it to have been called Army of the Republic. What do you think?

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 03:02 AM
Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ganon

It should of been called.

Star Wars Episode II: The Clone Wars

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 03:05 AM
Click here to Send Lord Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Ganon

That's a good one. smile

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 04:51 AM
Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

How would that work?

You are saying "Wars" twice in a title.

Besides, "Attack Of The Clones" is supposed to sound like 50's B-Movie. It's no more B-Movie sounding than "Empire Strikes Back".

Anyhow, the title of Episode II is probably the best thing about that movie.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 12:40 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ganon

Acually I was being sarcasatic.

BTW, the original title for Episode I was:
"Star Wars Episode I: The Clone Wars"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Lord Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Acually I was being sarcasatic.

BTW, the original title for Episode I was:
"Star Wars Episode I: The Clone Wars"

Fair do's. You can't tell who is being sarcastic around here anymore.

I mean, I actually believed that you were serious. It wasn't your fault, it's because of the sudden influx of idiots we've had, who would usually come up with that kind of crap as genuine posts.

I wish The Clone War was part of Episode I though. Episode I still feels "out of the loop", like it's events don't matter.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 08:11 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

How about
Star Wars
Episode II
Shadows of the Republic
Or something like that

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 08:19 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Hmm. The Shadows of the Republic doesnt work, the AotC title would work if the 'guys in suits' could think of a better word than just 'attack'.

Apart from that, Episode 1 def. feels out of the loop, i actually feel that episode one should have become ep. 2, we'd got a better idea of who Anakin is etc., and then a whole film could have been spare to the clone wars.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 09:43 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

yeah we don't really need to know about where anakin came from

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Episode 2: Defense of the Republic would have been alright in my opinion. But Attack of the Clones is good enough.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ganon

Originally posted by Red Superfly
Fair do's. You can't tell who is being sarcastic around here anymore.

I mean, I actually believed that you were serious. It wasn't your fault, it's because of the sudden influx of idiots we've had, who would usually come up with that kind of crap as genuine posts.

I wish The Clone War was part of Episode I though. Episode I still feels "out of the loop", like it's events don't matter.

LOL, I agree. I'm not really new to Forums, I went here because I got banned from theforce.net Forums. I always hated the stupid n00bs who come and post crap that doesn't make sense.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 11:33 PM
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Episode 2: Defense of the Republic is good, but not informative enough, it doesn't stir the blood like the other titles.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ganon

Truthfully, I like the title as it is.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 01:01 AM
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

Originally posted by Red Superfly

I agree. The PT was set too far before the OT. Because it took place 32 years before A New Hope, stuff was too far removed from the bits that people actually cared about. I'm sure no on would have minded if they had started the trilogy with Palapatine as Supreme Chancellor, Anakin as Obi-Wan's Padawan and had Anakin meet Padme as a teenager. Besides, what kind of guy spends ten years obsessing over a chick he hasn't seen in as much time?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Anakin Skywalker, of course. Where have you been? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 02:50 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

I know he was supposed to be creepy, but still, that's some hardcore creepiness.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:35 AM
exanda kane

I think we wouldn't mind about the title if Ep.1 wasnt the phantom menace. That was a crap title for a crap film; AotC was 'much' better than PM but has a kinda bad title. that doesnt make sense anyhow

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:44 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

GL should've skipped the whole birth by midi-blah-blahs, started palpy's influence over anakin that we see in ep III into ep II., have anakin meet padme as a teen, not when he's a child, etc...etc...etc...
but there's no use complaining is there?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 08:52 PM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

We didn't need to see Lukes childhood - so why did we need to see Anakins? That's my biggest criticism, because it has serious repercussions on the pacing of the whole saga.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 09:56 PM