KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Noob Yoda fan wondering what happened in TPM??

Noob Yoda fan wondering what happened in TPM??
Started by: viking12344

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
viking12344

Noob Yoda fan wondering what happened in TPM??

I love TPM, in fact its my new favorite movie. But the problem is, I am a grown man having nightmares everytime I see Yoda on the Jedi council.

Can someone explain why he looks so butt ugly/ hellion demonic in TPM?
Thanks.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:22 PM
Click here to Send viking12344 a Private Message Find more posts by viking12344 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

You have bad taste in movies if TPM is your favorite. Worst film of the Saga.

Anyways, the puppet designers must not have paid close attention to the old Yoda, tried to make him look too young and utterly failed.

The guys at Lucasfilm and ILM are fixing their mistake with the upcoming release of TPM, Yoda will be replaced with a CGI version that looks more like AOTC and ROTS. It has not been said when this version will be released, but they have been working on it since AOTC and Pre-production of ROTS.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:27 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

No, it is the best of the PT! roll eyes (sarcastic)

NOT! evil face

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
viking12344

Ahh, thanks for the answer. I would have never guessed they used a puppet.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:30 PM
Click here to Send viking12344 a Private Message Find more posts by viking12344 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
viking12344

Liam Neeson is just the best actor I have seen in any of the movies. IMO, he was always what I thought a jedi would be, you know, back when there was just yoda/obi and luke to go by.

But I hated TPM until recently also, must be an aquired taste. smile

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:34 PM
Lord Ganon

TPM is not the worst movie of the Star Wars Saga, AOTC is.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
viking12344

I think A new hope is, probably just because I have seen it 4000 times.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:44 PM
Lord Ganon

Nope, AOTC is the worst.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Lord Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by viking12344
Liam Neeson is just the best actor I have seen in any of the movies. IMO, he was always what I thought a jedi would be, you know, back when there was just yoda/obi and luke to go by.

But I hated TPM until recently also, must be an aquired taste. smile

I agree with you on this, Liam Neeson = Great actor. I would have loved to see how he would have done in say...AOTC.

I think A new hope is, probably just because I have seen it 4000 times.

That is straight up blasphemy, how can you hate the film that started it all?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:07 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
viking12344

I don't hate ANH, it is just my least favorite of the six. That being said, I like more than just about any other movie out there that is un-star wars related smile

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 05:10 PM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

qui gon would have been good in AOTC and ROTS and are they relasing a PT boc set or maybe a PT and OT box set id buy it

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Lord Ganon
TPM is not the worst movie of the Star Wars Saga, AOTC is.

What did you think they used? confused

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 12:08 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

Anyways, the puppet designers must not have paid close attention to the old Yoda, tried to make him look too young and utterly failed.

The guys at Lucasfilm and ILM are fixing their mistake with the upcoming release of TPM, Yoda will be replaced with a CGI version that looks more like AOTC and ROTS. It has not been said when this version will be released, but they have been working on it since AOTC and Pre-production of ROTS.
Ooh. Do you have a link to the source? I believe you, I'm just curious as to when they said that. That movie change was inevitable, and most likely nobody will complain about him changing the prequel trilogy around. But then again, someone will always find something to complain about, though the vast majority, I think, will welcome that change.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:22 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

It was said in the Making of Revenge of the Sith book that they'd replaced TPM Yoda as a warm up for Episode III...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 02:01 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Ah. Never did get that book. erm

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 02:14 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
viking12344

To Dodo, I thought it was all done with computers in the PT. That was basically why I wanted to know what was wrong with him.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 02:48 AM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Mmm... puppets looking better and more realistic than CG? However butt ugly they may be? What? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 03:48 AM
viking12344

I don't understand what you are saying Kozzy. Maybe its me.
I never said puppets look better or more realistic at all. I guessed, wrongly, that Yoda was digital in all three PT movies. My original question was why he looked so funky. I got my answer in they were trying to make him look younger and failed miserably. I would not have guessed they used a puppet in TPM.
Why?
Didn't GL wait all these years to do the PT so CG could catch up to his vision? I heard him say that in one of the "making of" shows I have seen. If this is the case, why in gods name use a puppet in TPM? Hence, why I would not have guessed it so.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:54 PM
Master Fisto
Dark Jedi

i must say that tpm was made for kids under 10...anakin was just so bad

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Master Fisto a Private Message Find more posts by Master Fisto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote