KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Yoda or Sidious?

Who's more powerful?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yoda 55 68.75%
Sidious 25 31.25%
Total: 80 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yoda or Sidious?
Started by: benskywalker88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
benskywalker88

Yoda or Sidious?

Who do you think's more powerful out of Yoda and Sidious?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:01 AM
Click here to Send benskywalker88 a Private Message Find more posts by benskywalker88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Are you serious?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:11 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

D0do, just shut up and enjoy life, ur always depressed..

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:50 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Yoda without a doubt!! It seems the fates were stacked against him in Episode 3 though. sad

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:58 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Sidious

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:03 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DenKi
D0do, just shut up and enjoy life, ur always depressed..

Shut up. I'm not depressed. You suck. Stop making fun of me! sad

I do enjoy life. Just not so much when I'm at KMC. Well, that's not true... the other forums here are good...

Anyway, I'm more powerful than both Yoda and Sidious. Soon I will unleash my wrath upon the world and you'll see! devil

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:37 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

You do seem to be a very down person Dodo, sorry. sad

But in Dodo's defense, are you serious?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:41 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

If I come off as being down then you're getting the wrong impression... and well, I really don't care what you people think of me anyway! stick out tongue

Pointing out the bad in things is just so much more fun than praising the good. big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:46 AM
Funkadelic

Yeah, ur right

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 09:46 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

D0do's a heavy drinker

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 11:37 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by DenKi
D0do's a heavy drinker

I'm not arguing with that...

beer

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 11:45 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I'd say Sidious. He's smarter then Yoda and uses the terrian to his edge and outsmarts him. Power just doesn't come from strength alone.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 02:18 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Yoda hands down. Only the enviroment of the duel, and a very unlucky fall on Yoda's part saved palp's ass.

The only thing Palps is better then Yoda at is deception, and of course that's true becuase yoda hasen't spent 1 second of his life even trying to decieve anyone.

But force powers, saber dueling, inteligence, combat, and coolness, Yoda takes them all.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 04:20 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
benskywalker88

The only thing Palps is better then Yoda at is deception, and of course that's true becuase yoda hasen't spent 1 second of his life even trying to decieve anyone.

Actually that's not true! Yoda deceives Luke in ESB by not reveiling his identity straight away and also the cut scene from ROTS where he covers himself in mud to confuse the Clonetroopers, so Yoda has had his fare share of deception as well as Sidious!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:15 PM
Click here to Send benskywalker88 a Private Message Find more posts by benskywalker88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

I should have said outward manipulation smile

Deception in the ways you are talking is a part of everyones life, including Jedi's of course. They are stealth warriors, they know how to conceal themselves and deceive if necessary like Qui Gon did to get anakin, and as you say Yoda did to Luke. That kind of deception is obviously not what I was referring too.

Man, it would take a novel in every post to idiot proof them...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by benskywalker88

Actually that's not true! Yoda deceives Luke in ESB by not reveiling his identity straight away and also the cut scene from ROTS where he covers himself in mud to confuse the Clonetroopers, so Yoda has had his fare share of deception as well as Sidious!
A) He didn't deceive him, he was 'taking him to Yoda', which he did. From a certain point of view.

B) A cut scene, meaning it doesn't exist.

And even if you count those two times as 'deception', you cannot say that that's a 'fair share' in comparing to Sidious, by any means.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoMixedUp
bittersweetness

id like to say yoda becuse hes just awesome, but in episode 3 wen sidious and yoda fight sidious force slams yoda and knocks him to the ground aand wen theyr throwing those round disks at each other yoda needs to concentrate alot to levetate them whereas sidious doesnt, also in the end yoda is defeated and goes into exile which pretty much sums it..

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:38 PM
Click here to Send SoMixedUp a Private Message Find more posts by SoMixedUp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleonora

Yoda,
also because Sidious is a d***head mad and that laugh is so annoying AAHEHE wtf?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Neither one was defeated. Yoda got the worse end of the fall, and was too far out of the duel to get back there before the clone troopers got there. He even heard them man, it's clear in the movie. Also, palps throws the senate pods DOWN, using gravity. Yoda takes one, stops it, spins it, and throws it back UP to palps. Didn't you see the look on palps face when he did that? He was even surprised himself at yoda's power. No different then when Dooku made the ceiling fall on Anakin and Obi wan in AOTC and Yoda had to use a lot of force strength to stop it. More then Dooku did to release it. Does that mean Dooku's force power is more then Yoda too? No it's gravity man...

Also check out his face when yoda force throws him over his chair into the wall. Palps was in total shock that yoda was actually as strong as he was.

The duel was a draw. The argument is who you think is stronger. But the duel was a draw on screen. That's why there is room to debate it...

Last edited by Vanquish on Jul 5th, 2005 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:45 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Sids is stronger.

but its pretty close, close enough for thier fight to be a draw pretty much (though Yoda lost)

plus as R2-D2-89 pointed out, did you see how much yoda had to concentrate to levitate that pod. sids was just throwing them like nothing. (and no sids was not fighting him for the pod, he let yoda catch it, then proceeded to laugh at him when he did)

although it seems that Yoda's lightning deflection abilities are quite impressive.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 11:37 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote