KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Confused

Confused
Started by: Mail Man Yoda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mail Man Yoda

Confused

OK IM CONFUSED people are saying that qui-gon-jinn is the first jedi ghost and that at the end yoda is telling ob1 that he needs some training to do so that he can practice life beyond the grave. I have seen vvarious chay rooms like. How did Anikin apear at the end of rotj because Qui gon taught yoda then yoda taught ob(how to b a ghost) then who taught anikin? My only question is ... were we watching the same movie.
Now this isnt perfect dialouge from the movie but its pretty much the same.
Yoda:I must to teach you how to commune with your old master.
Ob1: qui gon

So im pretty sure being one with the force is the normal thing but he was teaching him how to comunicate.

If any one disagrees or just wants to post ill be happy

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Mail Man Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mail Man Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Collector
Whatever

EXAR KUN was the first jedi host.. Or is that just the EU?

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take

Come Join Me At Vicious Intent p.m me if you join

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 08:04 PM
Click here to Send The Collector a Private Message Find more posts by The Collector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Well, I agree that becomming one with the force is a natural thing, but communicating is another thing. For EU, look at Luke. He couldn't communicate with anyone except Jacen and Jaina. So you have to be taught how to communicate, just not taught how to be a ghost itself.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 08:16 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

since ani is the force {conceived by medichlorions alone ] he automatically becomes one w the force

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 09:05 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Qui gon learned a path to immortality, through the force, and Yoda was going to teach Obiwan how to commune with him. and become one with the force. I guess you can come to the conclusion that once Anakin dies in ROTJ that Yoda and Ben are able to contact him and allow him to become one with the force as well.
On a side note with the dissapearing jedi, If a jedi is killed instantly (beheaded obiwan) they will disappear or if they die of natural causes(yoda) they will disappear. wounded and dieing your body stays there (quigon.)

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 09:16 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Qui gon learned a path to immortality, through the force, and Yoda was going to teach Obiwan how to commune with him. and become one with the force. I guess you can come to the conclusion that once Anakin dies in ROTJ that Yoda and Ben are able to contact him and allow him to become one with the force as well.
On a side note with the dissapearing jedi, If a jedi is killed instantly (beheaded obiwan) they will disappear or if they die of natural causes(yoda) they will disappear. wounded and dieing your body stays there (quigon.)

I always thought Obi-Wan dissappeared before the saber actually touched him.

Kinda wierd how he left his cloak behind.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Originally posted by darthmaul1

that last part is completely untrue. If so, it would be a common trick for the Jedi and they would know about it.
In ANH, Vader is clearly puzzled by the disappearing so it's something new

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 09:29 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mail Man Yoda

u guys are missing th point (exept for some) im saying that becoming a ghost is natural and that the jedi power yoda is telling ob1 about is the ability to Comune as he says

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:39 PM
Click here to Send Mail Man Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mail Man Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ali236

I think Lucas "fumbled the ball" on that one...As powerful as Mace Windu was, why couldn't he comune?

As far as Anakin...You gotta think It's nearly 30 years before he dies in ROTJ...That's alot of time to learn the ways of the force, weather your on the dark side or the good side...I think alot of people over look that from ROTS Vader is alot little different than the RTOJ Vader for the simple fact he's alot older and wiser....

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 11:58 PM
Click here to Send ali236 a Private Message Find more posts by ali236 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by yerssot
that last part is completely untrue. If so, it would be a common trick for the Jedi and they would know about it.
In ANH, Vader is clearly puzzled by the disappearing so it's something new

Oops, I guess I should of put a comment in there stating that once you know how to become one with the force, then you disappear if you die of natural causes or and instant death, but if you are mortally wounded your body stays (quigon and vader/anakin)

Mace couldn't do it cause he didn't know how and didn't know it was possible. only Quigon, Obiwan and Yoda could and once Anakin dies in ROTJ that Yoda and obiwan and maybe quigon are able to contact him and allow him to become one with the force as well, or he did learn how to do it as well once he saw what happened to Obiwan in EPIV.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 02:13 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zabrine Qui

Becoming a ghost was not natural at the time. Yoda was deeply concerned when he heard Qui Gon cry out it Ep II. At the time they believed that you simple returned to the force. I believe Qui Gon had taught Yoda how to remain an individual after death.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Zabrine Qui a Private Message Find more posts by Zabrine Qui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote