KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Dark Side...What can it REALLY do?

The Dark Side...What can it REALLY do?
Started by: jerlark386

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Dark Side...What can it REALLY do?

A few questions...

You often hear about the power of the darkside in the movies, but what can it really do? Both the jedi and the sith can do similar things with the force. Even Palpatine himself said the jedi and the sith are similar in almost every way.

If the force really depends on the user and what the user does with it, why is it treated as a separate entity? Can the force be in conflict with itself?

What can attract a user to the darkside? We all know the tatic Sidious uses, but it all turns out to be a dead end. Sidious is powerful in the force, but still comparable to Yoda. Although servile, the jedi seem fairly strong force-wise. Sidious's true power, seem to come mostly from his military and political control. The only obvious difference is lightning and the fact that the Sith are apparently evil. So what is the darkside's true power?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:29 AM
Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

I got no idea, this is a good point and it should of been told in Episode 3....

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:40 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Because I can
Defenestration

Just a question,
Did Star Wars start out as a book, or movie?

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence
Thanks Scythe for the awesome sig

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:53 AM
Click here to Send Because I can a Private Message Find more posts by Because I can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Because I can
Just a question,
Did Star Wars start out as a book, or movie?

They started making the movie first, but the book was released first.

Please keep to the topic though.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 09:15 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

The Dark side isnīt all itīs made out to be. The only cool thing is the Lightning which looks great but is ineffective, Anniken survived an attack, Mace Windu only died from falling out the window not from the lighning, Sidious shocked Luke for ages and still didnīt kill him.

The light side has boring extra abilities (extra exluding jump, speed, push which all seem to have) like absorb, mind trick.

Just an opinion mind

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Originally posted by Bicnarok
The Dark side isnīt all itīs made out to be. The only cool thing is the Lightning which looks great but is ineffective, Anniken survived an attack, Mace Windu only died from falling out the window not from the lighning, Sidious shocked Luke for ages and still didnīt kill him.

The light side has boring extra abilities (extra exluding jump, speed, push which all seem to have) like absorb, mind trick.

Just an opinion mind

Wrong mate.

1) Anakin was repelled. Not meant to be killed. Maybe by word of sidious.
2) Mace was pretty much dead when he flew out the windu (hehehehe)
3) The emperor was torturing luke, so we wasn't going to use the full power of the lightning on him. Remember that he wanted luke to feel the huge mistake he has made in not joining the emperor.

In ESB Luke asks yoda if the dark side is more powerful, to what yoda replies that not powerful but quicker to achieve. Besides my own opinion (which is I don't believe in yoda because he lied like a 65464568434568164168464641 times) I think the dark side its much more powerful because it's fueled by emotion. To achieve a good domain of the dark side though, one must be the opposite of anakin (which is a stuborn mother)

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith-Nerd
lord of the sith

In ep. 3 palpatine says that some sith can keep people from dying, you never hear about a jedi doing that.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Sith-Nerd a Private Message Find more posts by Sith-Nerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Sith-Nerd
In ep. 3 palpatine says that some sith can keep people from dying, you never hear about a jedi doing that.

That could have been a lie to turn Anakin.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 03:37 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith-Nerd
lord of the sith

Does that answer anything.......?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Sith-Nerd a Private Message Find more posts by Sith-Nerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith-Nerd
lord of the sith

true

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 03:38 PM
Sith-Nerd
lord of the sith

My question is, if anakin turned to the dark side, who tought him to become a force ghost, sideous??? Because when maul or dooku died they didnt become a ghost, mabye only jedi can do that, that kinda shows that jedi are more powerful

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 03:42 PM
Funkadelic

I don't think so! Sidious came back too! and not in a ghost variant but as a man of flesh and blood. That makes the Dark Side more powerfull!

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The darkside can't comeback like Obi-Wan and Yoda did. Qui-Gon learned the path of immortality making him one of the wisest Jedi ever.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 03:51 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

How and when did sidious come back?? he's dead!
Do some of you people even watch the movies??
Sith are evil Jedi are good, the jedi only use the force for knowledge and defence never for attack.
Mace was dead from the lightning and luke was mearly being tortured.
Palpatine said that darth palagius was able to save people from dying thats it.

Last edited by darthmaul1 on Jul 12th, 2005 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:07 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Was Mace dead before he flew out the window?

I thought I heard him scream.

It's all good though. It's not like he's Lando or anything.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

i like it better than the light side its more interesting you can choke ppl and u get lighting powers and maby u can controll peoples mindes.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 05:47 PM
Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

Originally posted by Sith-Nerd
My question is, if anakin turned to the dark side, who tought him to become a force ghost, sideous??? Because when maul or dooku died they didnt become a ghost, mabye only jedi can do that, that kinda shows that jedi are more powerful
well i shall use the best excuse ever hes the chosen one

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 05:48 PM
Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Originally posted by General Zodiac
The darkside can't comeback like Obi-Wan and Yoda did. Qui-Gon learned the path of immortality making him one of the wisest Jedi ever.

You're forgeting Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow at least. They also came back in etheral form. :P (of course this is EU but I don't care, it's a valid argument)

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith-Nerd
lord of the sith

Originally posted by b-dan
well i shall use the best excuse ever hes the chosen one

your wrong, the chosen one was supposed to bring balance to the force he didnt!! Luke is the chosen one, yes darth vader killed sidious, but only because luke switched him over.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:38 PM
Funkadelic

read Dark Empire

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote