KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » "care of the old folks home"

"care of the old folks home"
Started by: lisahenderson15

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lisahenderson15

Question "care of the old folks home"

Why in episode ii, when obi-wan is preparing to talk to mace and yoda from kamino does he tell R4, "care of the old folks home". I don't understand why yoda and mace's chambers would be considered an old folks home, I know yoda's old, but he wouldn't be in an old folks home. The caption says care of the old folks home, so I know that's what it says. Why would it say that?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 04:44 AM
Click here to Send lisahenderson15 a Private Message Find more posts by lisahenderson15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-OneManShow

It's called humor.

If even a priest-like character like OB1 has a sense of humor, too bad you don't. Or maybe you're just a bit dim. AAAAAArrrrrgh I just don't understand people like you. How can you not 'get' something as simple as this? Do you hàve to take everything literary?

And while we're on about it, why yes I DO believe Yoda should be in an old folk's home.

Burn them down!! The lot of them!!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 11:31 AM
Click here to Send Obi-OneManShow a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-OneManShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

lisahenderson15

All i can say is..

HAHAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA
AAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAGAGAGAGAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!11111111111ONEONEONEseventeen

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 02:51 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes... ok... It wouldn't hurt to form a polite answer to this.

lisa, it's a joke... if you don't get the joke, it's probably cause it's "british" humor, the kind no one gets wink

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:23 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lisahenderson15

I thought that it might be a joke, but he didn't like laugh or anything and what kind of idiot would tell jokes to droids? Oh well, I guess I don't have any humor, I'll work on that though.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 12:09 AM
Click here to Send lisahenderson15 a Private Message Find more posts by lisahenderson15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

see, british humor wink

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 12:11 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

No offence but it is not 'just a joke' actually. "Care of the old folks home" is a secret code for the Jedi Temple. It's to fool anyone who might be tapping his transmission.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 08:38 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lisahenderson15

yeah, that answer definately beats the "it's a joke" idea.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 04:44 PM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

nah, the joke is better

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 10:34 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tman987
Splinter Cell

"care of old folks home"

OK in the game Jedi Starfighter you play as Adi Galliea. When she send transmissions back to coursant she send them to "the old folks home" I believe they do this because the coummunications can be intercepted and they dont want them to know its jedi sending the transmissons. kinda like wat they do in the army.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 08:06 PM
Click here to Send tman987 a Private Message Find more posts by tman987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote