KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why is it Titled "The Phantom Menace"?

Why is it Titled "The Phantom Menace"?
Started by: lisahenderson15

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lisahenderson15

Question Why is it Titled "The Phantom Menace"?

Maybe because Sidious had Dooku erase the Jedi files of Kamino and was training him. So is TPM named after Dooku because he was an unseen or known of menace at the time? Or Darth Maul because then we're not sure what he is at the time? Or neither? (Who erased the files......Syfo-Dyas, or Dooku? ((Sorry, probably repeated thread)))

Last edited by lisahenderson15 on Jul 15th, 2005 at 01:36 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 01:30 AM
Click here to Send lisahenderson15 a Private Message Find more posts by lisahenderson15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I think it represents Darth Sidious, at the time no one knows he exists even though he is behind everything, thus he is a phantom menace.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 01:54 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

At first I thought the title meant Darth Maul, but now I have come to the conclusion that it actually meant Darth Sidious.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 05:06 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I think it also is implied by Kenobi's early comment about "something far off, elusive".

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 06:58 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
I think it also is implied by Kenobi's early comment about "something far off, elusive".

Ben was right. Qui gon didn't listen to him and he payed with his life.

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lisahenderson15

yeah, the Phantom Menace would be Sidios because he was the one behind everything to destroy the republic.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 04:47 PM
Click here to Send lisahenderson15 a Private Message Find more posts by lisahenderson15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Collector
Whatever

Why isn't it called the phantom Menace?!?!??!?

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take

Come Join Me At Vicious Intent p.m me if you join

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 04:59 PM
Click here to Send The Collector a Private Message Find more posts by The Collector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lisahenderson15

I was meaning it as which menace were they referring to, there was more than just one person doing things to disrupt how the republic functions, but sidios was behind it all.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 05:07 PM
amity75

The Phantom Menace is Sidious. No-one knows he's there (hence the phantom) and he's certainly a menace.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 10:43 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

its sidious coz for most of the film he is a hologram

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Phantom Menace, on a broad term, would imply the Sith working in the background, manipulating and starting miniature wars...later big wars...

More directly, it implies Darth Sidious.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:17 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

He so evil. evil face

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 01:27 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Ind33d.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 06:46 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithHappens

I think it just applies to the mtstery of the Sith that is revealed with Darth Maul.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:47 AM
Click here to Send SithHappens a Private Message Find more posts by SithHappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aduruth
Padawan of Master Windu

I think it means, something that was hidden but that was always there, THE SITH, but took no precations. meaning the phantom its there but is hidden and once its shown it -self its a menacing site or a menacing problem. making it called the phantom menace.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Aduruth a Private Message Find more posts by Aduruth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Captain REX
The Phantom Menace, on a broad term, would imply the Sith working in the background, manipulating and starting miniature wars...later big wars...

More directly, it implies Darth Sidious.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 06:51 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Does quoting yourself make you feel special?

stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 07:00 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aduruth
Padawan of Master Windu

I think everyone has said the samething rex lol. wink

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Aduruth a Private Message Find more posts by Aduruth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMCF

It mean that they thought the Sith Were Exstict.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 05:44 PM
Click here to Send KMCF a Private Message Find more posts by KMCF Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Does quoting yourself make you feel special?

stick out tongue

Yes, because I'm right and there's no other answer unless it's an opinion... stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 08:04 PM