KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » DoDonna

DoDonna
Started by: Xizor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xizor

DoDonna

General Jan Dodanna should have a role in the prequels as one of the early alliance military leaders. How do you think he'd fit in and who do you think should play him? My choice for an actor would be Kenneth Branaugh(he's resemble him with his slightly graying blond beard, Dodonna should be around the age of 40). What do you think?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tainted one

you know, i like the idea of seeing him too. but my skeptical side says he may not be there, no matter how much i would like it. for example, the first time we see Riekan is on Hoth, and we never see DoDonna again after Yavin. similarly, the first time we see Akbar is in VI. Lucas has this thing with introducing some characters and then not returning to them (the same with some of the imperial officials, Ozzel, Needa, etc.), or creating new characters for a new film.

i hope DoDonna and others do resurface, but i'm not betting on it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 01:12 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Kind of like *ahem* Quarshie. Some characters might have not resurfaced in the OT, like Reikar because they were only prime for that battle. What if they went back home to live with their families, kind of like what that man in the movie "Gladiator" was supposed to have done. (That's irrelevant but my best example). As long as they aren't high primary major characters, like Quarshie was, I don't have a problem with a non return.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 05:46 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I know this is kinda off topic but has anyone else noticed that whenever we don't know what actor should be cast for a character 9 times out of 10 Kenneth Branaugh is suggested...It's happened so much that by this time I feel like I'd cut off my ears if I actually found out that LFL had cast Branaugh in 2 or 3.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:08 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

LFL?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:09 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

LucasFilm Ltd.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:29 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Wahoo! caught me there.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2000 06:29 AM
Xizor

What other characters was Branaugh mentioned as maybe playing? DoDonna should be showed as a commander of a battleship during the clone wars.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 10:05 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Who is DoDonna?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 10:06 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

The bearded alliance General from ANH. He coordinated the battle of Yavin and gave Leia a hug.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 10:11 AM
Dim
Creativity

When they were cast E1 everyone thought they would cast Branaugh as OB1...I guess everyone figured they'd replace one Shakespearean actor with another...I've also heard people hoping that he'd be another jedi, a bad guy, ....that's why I made that comment.

As for Dodonna..I think he may just be one of those that will just be a one movie character.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 11:04 AM
Xizor

Dodanna

Too bad, I liked him and what he brougt to the alliance.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 09:25 PM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Re: Dodanna

Dodonna was a main character in the droids tv show. He was a young man, looking about as old as Luke in ANH

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Thanks for that tidbit. Are you imlying that he might be in Ep2-3?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 06:41 AM
Dim
Creativity

I don't think so Xiz...sounds like it's not going to happened bud sad

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 09:21 AM