KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » showdowns in episode III

showdowns in episode III
Started by: overlord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
overlord
OD'd

Angry showdowns in episode III

Usually the whole SW movie was building up towards the saber fight. But in episode III we were spoiled rotten.

Anakin vs Dooku
Mace vs Palpatine
Grievous vs Obi
Yoda vs Palpatine
Anakin vs Obi

So what are your opinions about these fights?

I think the first two were great! Grievous was interesting, though I didn't really like the planet, Anakin versus Obi Wan; I expected too much of it, but I guess it was okay..
But the Yoda versus Palpatine fight I thought was aweful, a stain in the beautiful movie, it didn't decide anything, the place where they battled sucked and the fight portayed Sidious as a dumb mutant.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Last edited by overlord on Sep 18th, 2005 at 05:31 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:19 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McCusto
Republic Commando

They were all great fights. . .

But Grievous died like a pansy

Official Member of the Cliegg Lars Fan Club

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:21 PM
Click here to Send McCusto a Private Message Find more posts by McCusto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Oh yeah, Obi just shot him to death with one shot or something.. That was pretty lame too.
But the Yoda Sidious fight should have been cut for another fight. But unfortunatly there weren't any more siths.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:34 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

i think they were all enjoyable

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo313
spartan 117

Ani + Obi vs. Dooku: good, but should've been longer. 7/10

Obi vs. Grievous: semi-corny. Grievous dies like a punk biotch. 5/10

Mace n' Pals vs. Palps: OVER-HYPED. Kolar and Tinn suck. Fisto sucked, but not as hard. 3/10

Ani vs. Obi: Very good most of the time. Bad editing. Some of the lava parts are over the top. should have been longer. 8/10

Yoda vs. Palps: The idea of it is pretty cool. Very cool most of the time. 7/10

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:47 PM
Click here to Send neo313 a Private Message Find more posts by neo313 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

well the mace vs palps was supposed to be overhyped just like yoda vs dooku in AOTC

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

Yoda vs. Sidious does mean something, it means Jedi vs. Sith. d'uh
Seriously Spielberg couldn't have done it better. I thought that those crashing senate pods were fantastic and it had another purpose. If the fight of Anakin and Obi-Wan just went in one take it would get boring. Variation was needed to keep it entertaining.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cascador
Spielberg couldn't have done it better.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:00 PM
Sir J
pure blood

Yoda vs. Sidious does mean something, it means Jedi vs. Sith. d'uh
Seriously Spielberg couldn't have done it better.
spielberg???????????????

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:01 PM
Sir J
pure blood

sorry bout the double post embarrasment

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:01 PM
Cascador

yeah, spielberg coöperated on episode III mainly on the duel between sidious and Yoda

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:06 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

yeah, spielberg coöperated on episode III mainly on the duel between sidious and Yoda

Is that true?? If so.. Then I told everyone so!! Spielberg has lost it!
As for the Mace/Sidious fight, it went fast and surprised the heck out of me!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:51 PM
Dan Skywalker

I thought all the fights where great, especially the Yoda Vs Sidious duel, great idea to have the duel of fates music in the background.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Dan Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Dan Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I personally think the whole Yoda vs Sideous is waaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:18 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HAROLD

I was blown away by the Yoda vs. Sidious fight.

I'm a sucker for Duel of the Fates. Maybe that's why.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 02:07 AM
Click here to Send HAROLD a Private Message Find more posts by HAROLD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

anakin v dooku... not bad, i thought dooku was beaten rather cheaply though...

obi and gg was ok... i'd have liked to see more of an actual fight though, more sabers, less guns...

to be honest... i'd have liked to see a better mace v palps fight... mace was fine.. palps was just... meh...

yoda palps... considering this fight is mainly cg i was pretty impressed with it... yoda's expressions were well animated, and you could see the determination in his face... not bad at all...

the final duel imo was overhyped and considering gl's had twenty years to think about it, i was expecting more of an actual duel and less of a "look how fast i can twirl my saber" competition... emotion sorely lacking during that fight itself... and as was said before, bad editing...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 01:14 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

Emperor vs the little green b@$tard was the best

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 01:16 PM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

bah.. It was just funny to see the green bag fall and break his hips..
The pod thing didn't really impress me, Yoda came all the way to Sidious just to show us how cool flying pods look and then they both went on with their lives, now I can forgive the Yoda/Dooku fight as Dooku dismembered anakin and the whole movie was building up to that fight, but the Yoda/Sidious fight was a futile attempt to impress everybody with their special effects, I thought it was a boring place to fight and it didn't flatter me that Sidious looked even worse than in the RotJ.. Ahh.. I'm done, sorry.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 04:21 PM
Koolwoo92
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that Obi Vs. Grievous started good but ended bad, Agen, Saesee, and Kit shouldnt have died so fast, Anakin and dooku should have been a bit better, obi vs. anakin was more than i expected and yoda and sidious would have been the best if it was a lot longer

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:18 AM
Click here to Send Koolwoo92 a Private Message Find more posts by Koolwoo92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I personally think the whole Yoda vs Sideous is waaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

Absolutely! Not the fight, but the fact that it happened at all.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote