KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Ep 3 DVD is missing lines

Ep 3 DVD is missing lines
Started by: fmmulder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fmmulder

Ep 3 DVD is missing lines

Can anyone confirm this, or is my dvd bad? When I went to see Ep 3 in the theater, there is the scene where Vader is on the table as it stands him up. Off screen, Palp says the line "Rise, Lord Vader" but when I saw the DVD version of it, that line was cut from that scene. I thought it was one of the most memorable lines of the movie. One of my friends said it was moved? to scene 28, but Palp only says "Rise" not "Rise, Lord Vader". Is this another case where George Lucas has changed the movie he sells from the movie he made.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:36 AM
Click here to Send fmmulder a Private Message Find more posts by fmmulder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

That "rise lord vader" thing was in the teaser trailer, not in that actual scene.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:38 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Dude, that was only for the trailers and TV spots. He never said for Vader to rise when he was on the table in the theatrical release.

The "Rise, Lord Vader" is from the scene where Anakin first becomes a Sith in Palpatines office.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:39 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fmmulder

if it was a teaser trailer then where in the movie was it pulled from?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:41 AM
Click here to Send fmmulder a Private Message Find more posts by fmmulder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

It was from two different scenes, the "rise" was from the naming scene, and the "Lord Vader" was from the creation scene. The real scene goes "Lord Vader, can you hear me?"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:43 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

*points above*

Lines get cut sometimes after the the teaser is released. The "Lord Vader" was probably edited out and we were left with "Rise".

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:43 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fmmulder

And in Palps office, Palp only says the word "Rise". Where in the movie does he say "Rise, Lord Vader". I just watched the DVD minutes ago.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:44 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fmmulder
And in Palps office, Palp only says the word "Rise". Where in the movie does he say "Rise, Lord Vader". I just watched the DVD minutes ago.

Originally posted by Ast
It was from two different scenes, the "rise" was from the naming scene, and the "Lord Vader" was from the creation scene. The real scene goes "Lord Vader, can you hear me?"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:44 AM
LanceWindu

*points above again*

Listen to what we're saying.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:47 AM
fmmulder

Ast, you may be right. But (on the DVD) when the table rises, the scene has been edited twice and there is only music during that entire scene. Until Palp says what you said "Lord Vader, can you hear me?".

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:48 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Just like in the theater. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:49 AM
LanceWindu

Ast, you may be right. But (on the DVD) when the table rises, the scene has been edited twice and there is only music during that entire scene. Until Palp says what you said "Lord Vader, can you hear me?".

What does that have to do with what Ast said?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:50 AM
fmmulder

One last thing, if "Rise, Lord Vader" is not a full line said in the movie, why has it been listed as a most memorable line on IMDB?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:51 AM
fmmulder

because Ast was the first one who said it was from 2 different scenes.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:52 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

One last thing, if "Rise, Lord Vader" is not a full line said in the movie, why has it been listed as a most memorable line on IMDB?

Because people who post on IMDb are complete idiots.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:54 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

because Ast was the first one who said it was from 2 different scenes.

Yes, it was composed from 2 different scenes...the "Rise" being from when Anakin got his Sith name, and the "Lord Vader" from when Palpatine asks Vader if he can hear him."

I just don't understand why you said "But (on the DVD) when the table rises, the scene has been edited twice and there is only music during that entire scene. Until Palp says what you said "Lord Vader, can you hear me?"."

That's EXACTLY how it played in theaters.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:57 AM
fmmulder

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Yes, it was composed from 2 different scenes...the "Rise" being from when Anakin got his Sith name, and the "Lord Vader" from when Palpatine asks Vader if he can hear him."

I just don't understand why you said "But (on the DVD) when the table rises, the scene has been edited twice and there is only music during that entire scene. Until Palp says what you said "Lord Vader, can you hear me?"."

That's EXACTLY how it played in theaters.

I see what your saying, I could of swore that when I saw it in the theater it was a complete line, said during the black mask/ table prop thing. Thanks for the help Ken.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 07:03 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Yes... to Ken and Ast you listen... yes

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 07:19 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

There is nothing on the DVD that you didn't see in theaters -_-

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

its an odd phenomenon that misquotes of movies become more famous than the actual quotes. it happens all too often with the most famous films.

the most famous line from ESB is "luke, i am your father" although its a misquote.

silence of the lambs, first word that comes to mind is "hello clarice" when that line was never spoken in the film.

from casablanca, the most famous line in the film (perhaps any film) is "play it again sam"...which was never uttered.

who knows why it happens, but it happens. trust in the fact that you're surrounded by star wars geeks here, and most people here are accurate in what they quote.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 02:41 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote