KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Alderaan

Alderaan
Started by: chinabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chinabing

Alderaan

In "Revenge of the Sith," after all these years, we finally get to see Alderaan! What did you think? Did it meet your expectations? What were your expectations?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I didnt even think about seeing it - and havnt seen it for a few months as i havnt been bothered to pcik up the dvd but yes, alderaan is mightily cool.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 05:40 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

erm.. Okay, what the hell?
I saw Alderaan for a mere second or something.
How the hell do I judge that?

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 06:00 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I too would have liked to seen more. I cant make a judgement on what little I saw.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 06:08 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I liked it, it is a total opposite of how Lukes home-place was, showing the big difference in their upbringing.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I would really like to see it in a game or something. Not too sure about the architecture though...didnt look too human and isnt Alderaan supposed to be one of the oldest inhabited human worlds?

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 08:27 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Before 1999, I expected Alderaan to be a beautiful place with dewey meadows. I thought that because the only real clue was in the "Return of the Jedi" novelization, when Vader is dying and he dreams about a meadow and "his beloved wife."

I had assumed Mrs. Vader would have been born on Alderaan, and the two of them fell in love there. Then Vader turns to the Dark Side, and then helps blow up the planet he fell in love on in Ep IV. The irony.

Then Ep I comes out and all we hear of is another Bail who is up for Supreme Chancellor at the same time Palpatine is, (re-vote, anyone?), and nothing in Ep. II. Although the meadow scene in AOTC reminded me of the "Jedi" novelization.

Alderaan in Ep III is gorgeous. I liked the snowy mountains again, (hadn't seen snow since Ep IV). Then Bail bring Leia up to the Queen in the Organa Castle, (great water view, contrasting Luke's no-water view).

Although I would have liked to have seen more, Lucas didn't make the planet central to the story, so showing Alderaan just for the sake of Alderaan would have been pointless. I think a sub-point of showing Leia's arrival was to contrast Luke's upbringing, but we finally saw Alderaan mostly for an ending filled with hope.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 08:57 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Canadadude

Alderaan will be put in some new special edition that Lucas will add to A New Hope. I figure it will show the people screaming in fear as the Death Star blows it away

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Canadadude a Private Message Find more posts by Canadadude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

That would freaking rock! They should put a close up of Jar Jar exploding in it.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 10:17 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chinabing
Vader is dying and he dreams about a meadow and "his beloved wife."

I remember that line from the Return of the Jedi book. He's probly referring to Naboo, though.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I felt Alderaan was quite the peaceful place, what with those mountain towns and all. Kinda like South Park.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

I always expected Alderaan to be more clean & crisp in a way.. lots of blues & whites.. the shot we got had lots of grey tones.. from the view of the planet in ANH (before it was blown up ) it just seemed like it would be almost like a cross between Hoth & Kamino.. it wasnt what I was expecting but it was ok

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 07:16 AM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I was hoping we'd see something like this...but now it is too similar to Kamino.

Attachment: imperial city.jpg
This has been downloaded 41 time(s).

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 07:19 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Other than that, I thought Alderaan looked pretty cool. And that's just the part of Alderaan where Bail Organa and the royalty lives. In the Illustrated Guide to the Star Wars Galaxy, Alderaan is visited with Ralph McQuarrie's concept art. There are many meadows and valleys and strange alien mounds and cities carved into the planet from the ancient Killiks of Alderaan, an insectoid species that lived there with the Alderaanians before becoming extinct.

Alderaan was one of the founding planets of the Republic, along with Coruscant and Corellia and many others.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 07:22 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Did anyone else besides me think it kind of looked like the space shuttle launch pad? Where Bail landed?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 07:23 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Heh! I haven't seen it in awhile.

I didn't think the Blockade Runner was as big as it showed up in ROTS, though.

steverules
The doctor

Originally posted by Canadadude
Alderaan will be put in some new special edition that Lucas will add to A New Hope. I figure it will show the people screaming in fear as the Death Star blows it away

If they do that I wouldn't mind seeing the death star in the sky charging up so we can see it from their eyes.

Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

George would be hard-pressed to make it fit with the rest of the film.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 07:27 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

meh Im too damn lazy to cap it. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 07:28 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Canadadude

That would suck the ultimate shit.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 08:11 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote