KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Did Lucas cancel the Entire Star Wars Saga DVD set

Did Lucas cancel the Entire Star Wars Saga DVD set
Started by: HOBBE5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HOBBE5

Did Lucas cancel the Entire Star Wars Saga DVD set

For the last couple months, that's all I heard was that the entire saga dvd set would be out on December 6th.

I wrote that down so I wouldn't forget, because I wasn't going to bother to get any other saga set, no matter what else Lucas through in, ala Special Editions, etc, etc, etc.

Now within the last couple weeks there has been nothing. Did he cancel it, or push the date back?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 10:18 AM
Click here to Send HOBBE5 a Private Message Find more posts by HOBBE5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adamwankenobi
Restricted

Account Restricted

All that was, was this rumor that TF.N posted a while back. There were NEVER any official announcements of such a release. The saga box set won't be out until somtime in 2007. Lucas has said this himself.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 10:41 AM
Click here to Send Adamwankenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Adamwankenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

huh why do we have to wait till then

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 02:10 PM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

not that i would buy it, but does GL plan on releasing a prequel box set any time soon?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 02:21 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Don't see why not. More $$

And why did anyone expect the box set out this year? We just got RoTS a month ago, not even. Why wait until 2007? Well, uh, why not? Let people enjoy their current DVDs for a year or two... it wouldn't sell as good now, since everyone already completed their collections anyway. Makes perfect sense to wait, I wouldn't mind if it were 2008 or 2009, by then better transfers onto Blu-ray or HD-DVD would be out, another reason why they probably are waiting.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 09:51 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Yeah... I don't mind, I'm probably not going to buy it, 'cause it'll cost at least 100 bucks.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 10:38 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
havoline

my reason why he wont til 2007

because in episode 3 they finally got alot of effects right on but when looking back on ep 1 and 2 especially with Yoda why might redo him because they did redo his closeup for kicks on the making of ROTS and it looks so real you wouldnt think it was a puppet or a computer image, ever. not to mention so that they can finally make ep 1 fully digital cause it was only partially. maybe even refine added scenes they did when they sold the DVD cause some of them just sucked.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 09:58 PM
Click here to Send havoline a Private Message Find more posts by havoline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote