KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » 10 worst things about the PT

10 worst things about the PT
Started by: xyz jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

10 worst things about the PT

#10 Maul was spoilt. He got a double LS and no-one else didn't? Sidious
must have spent a lot of dollars for that. And DM died just like that!!!
#09 The SFX n aliens. It makes them look like sequals than prequals.
#08 People hating TPM cos there's Jar Jar instead of Vader
#07 The remarks about Mace. He's perfect, he's the best, I love his purple lightsaber, he didn't die, should he have hair? He has more comments then any other jedi! Could it be the black thing? Cos that's just sick.
#06 Is he Count Dooku or Darth Tyranus? Which did they call him in the films
#05 How old is Padme n how old is Anakin anyway
#04 All the padawan stuff. Why have it?
#03 Anakin n Luke both flew a ship n the first trilogy films and got a parade for it and had there arms cut off in the second trilogy films. Very creative GL.
#02 AOTC n CW what the hell were they for?

and finally...

#01 In AotC No-one could beat Dooku, in ROTS he dies straight away. WHAT'S THE POINT?

feel free to add more or rearrange them in the order that suits you.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Last edited by It's xyz! on Dec 3rd, 2005 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:47 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

To yours:

#10--Agreed.

#9--Agreed.

#8--Jar Jar sucked. Everyone knows it.

#7--Mace WAS b*tchin, and people just like to rip on the less cooler of the two black guys in the series.

#6--Both.

#5--AOTC Padme is 24, ROTS Padme is 27. Ans AOTC Anakin is 19, ROTS Anakin is 22.

#4--Padawan Anakin and Padawan Obi? GL wanted to show the "humble" beginnings of the Famous Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

#3--It was to show the distant likeness of Father and Son.

#2--The Clone Wars was brought up in ANH and added a mysterious past to Obi and Vader, GL wanted to use said CW in his PT to further the storyline, since they WERE quite necessary.

#1--Moviewise, Dooku had to be removed so he wouldn't get in the way of Anakin's fall.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

okay, to reply to the answers

#10. thanks
#09. thanks
#08. little children don't think so, but yeah I know
#07. Mace was b*tchin your right but not the best IMO
#06. When, Why? What's the point. Sids had one but Tyranus didn't
#05. 5 years younger? God, and what about TPM? Padme looked like a giant!
#04. Maybe but what's with the hair and discrimination things with them
#03. laughing out loud okay yeah, but it was still uncreative
#02. They just didn't have any mager points in SW
#01. Then what was the point in having him in the first place?

Last edited by It's xyz! on Dec 3rd, 2005 at 07:42 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 07:39 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Some things, I agreed with you XYZ. Here are my comments:
#10- Darth Maul was skilled with a saber staff, he could use it well. The other people were never trained to use them. It's not that easy.
#9- Yeah, I guess.
#8- Those people are rather stupid.
#7- He is cool. I don't like the bad comments, but hey. What are you going to do about it?
#6- Tyranus is his Sith name. He prefers to be called Dooku, though.
#5- That was weird.
#4- It was supposed to show how much Vader changed.
#3- It was creative. It shows their similarities.
#2- The CW was mentioned in ANH.
#1- He had to be killed. The point of having him was so that Palpatine's plan could work more well.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 07:59 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Re: 10 worst things about the PT

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xyz jedi
#10 Maul was spoilt. He got a double LS and no-one else didn't? Sidious
must have spent a lot of dollars for that. And DM died just like that!!!
#09 The SFX n aliens. It makes them look like sequals than prequals.
#08 People hating TPM cos there's Jar Jar instead of Vader
#07 The remarks about Mace. He's perfect, he's the best, I love his purple lightsaber, he didn't die, should he have hair? He has more comments then any other jedi! Could it be the black thing? Cos that's just sick.
#06 Is he Count Dooku or Darth Tyranus? Which did they call him in the films
#05 How old is Padme n how old is Anakin anyway
#04 All the padawan stuff. Why have it?
#03 Anakin n Luke both flew a ship n the first trilogy films and got a parade for it and had there arms cut off in the second trilogy films. Very creative GL.
#02 AOTC n CW what the hell were they for?

and finally...

#01 In AotC No-one could beat Dooku, in ROTS he dies straight away. WHAT'S THE POINT?

feel free to add more or rearrange them in the order that suits you.

#10. You need special training to handle a double bladed lightsaber, they have completely different techniques. It's not money based, it's just how Darth Maul built it.

#9. I don't really understand this one. Are you saying since they obviously look better than the OT that makes them seem like sequels? Get over it, there's a leap in technology since the first films and the newest. You'd be crying to your mommy had Lucas used cheap Special Effects just to match it up with the OT.

#8. It's not just Jar Jar, there's also young Anakin Skywalker. Then you have the Pod Race sequence. The only people who like the Pod Race sequence we 10 when TPM came out. TPM was not needed in the saga. Lucas could have told Anakins past in another film with him already grown up, no need to show an annoying kid and goofy aliens.

#7. Mace Windu is bad ass I agree, but you little fan boys must realize he is dead, What would Lucas gain by keeping Mace Windu alive, huh? There would be absolutely nothing for him to do except to hide for the rest of his life. And no, he shouldn't have hair. roll eyes (sarcastic)

#6. Did you even watch the damned movies? Both of these names were used for him. Count Dooku being the more prominent name since the Jedi did not know he were a Sith until the 3rd act of the film. Darth Sidious called him Darth Tyranus.

#5. Just as Tangible God said, in ROTS Anakin is 22 while Padme is 27. Why would that make the top 10 list of why the PT sucked? Seems to me that you're scrapping the bottom of the barrel to make this list. Oh and Padme did not look like a giant in TPM roll eyes (sarcastic) If anything she looked age 16 tops.

#4. This is a side of the Jedi we never got to see in the OT, they were all but extinct in those films. Lucas had a chance to explain the heritage of the Jedi Order, and one of those items is Apprenticeship. Once again, like Tangible God said, it shows the humble beginnings of Anakin and Obi-Wan. The hair is to distinguish them as Padawan Learners. They are not discriminated against, they have their place in line and they must respect their elders. Nothing more.

#3. Lucas said in an interview that he wanted the PT to parrallel the OT. Which I believe to be great, it shows how they followed similar paths in life yet one turned to the Light Side and one turned to the Dark Side. Call it uncreative if you want, but lets see you do better.

#2. Umm...the Clone Wars were a big mention in the OT because Obi-Wan met Bail Organa during the wars, which is how Leia knew who to look for. AOTC brought about the war and it also brings in the love story element, getting Anakin and Padme together, without which there would be no Luke and Leia, and no OT. If you don't understand why there was an AOTC, I beg you to look back at TPM and tell me what that film had to do with the overall story...NOTHING. AOTC brought changes for the characters, both good and bad, leading into the 3rd act of the trilogy.

#1. Dooku got the better hand of everyone during the fight in AOTC. First off, Anakin was over-anxious and attempted to fight him on his own, and got PWND. Obi-Wan was no match for Dooku by himself. Later on when he is dueling Yoda he had to cheat to stay alive. In ROTS the 2 Jedi take him on at the same time and also Anakin has had 3 more years of training. Like he said in the movie "My powers have doubled since the last time we met Dooku." Anakin was more powerful, simple as that.

Now, go find some better reasons why, just so I can shoot them down again.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 08:15 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

For me:

#10: People who b!tch about the PTs because they're not up to par with the OT. GET OVER IT!

#1-#9 (Check above)

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 07:11 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some people don't get No. 5. Y'see How can Padme marry Anakin when there's 5 years difference? She might as well be his big sister.

No. 6 Shouldn't everyone call him Darth Tyranus to show respect like they gave Vader? What about Maul's non-sith name? Huh?

No. 4 Why have them as Padawan? Why not just call them apprentaceses?

No. 1 Why did he die straight away? He could of atleast done something in ROTS. In AOTC he seemed like a mager character. In ROTS he was tossed aside lke yesterday's garbage? What's the point?

No. 2 Did AOTC n CW really change anything to Anakin? No. Seeing as OB1 mentioned them in ANH doesn't mean that you need a full movie and series about it.

Okay here's the bottom ten edited version.

10. Maul was spoilt
09. Too much aliens and lost track of being real. (Even though it isn't)
08. People that hate TPM due to lack of Vader
07. People that are obcessed with Mace
06. Why did Tyranus have two names?
05. Why is Padme so much older than Anakin and his wife?
04. Why call them Padawans and all the tradition stuff?
03. Luke n Ani were similar in the first two films so why did they change paths?
02. Did GL really have to make a series and a movie to show the clone wars?
01. How come Tyranus played a big part in AOTC but not in ROTS? He didn't even corrupt Ani or anything like that. They might aswell of been fighting Sids or a dummy.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 11:02 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: 10 worst things about the PT

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
#5. Just as Tangible God said, in ROTS Anakin is 22 while Padme is 27. Why would that make the top 10 list of why the PT sucked? Seems to me that you're scrapping the bottom of the barrel to make this list. Oh and Padme did not look like a giant in TPM roll eyes (sarcastic) If anything she looked age 16 tops.
and Anakin was about 9/10. So how could they get married if there's 5 years difference?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 11:22 AM
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Some people don't get No. 5. Y'see How can Padme marry Anakin when there's 5 years difference? She might as well be his big sister.

No. 6 Shouldn't everyone call him Darth Tyranus to show respect like they gave Vader? What about Maul's non-sith name? Huh?

#5. That doesn't mean a damn thing! There are plenny of married couples where the chick is older.

#6. Lord Maul didn't need a public persona. He was purely an assassin who lived behind the scenes, which is why the book was called "Shadow Hunter". Dooku was already famous and established in the galaxy, and had to maintain that role. And he wasn't a useless character--he was a temporary placeholder until Anakin became Palpatine's apprentice, and formed the CIS. Had Darth Maul survived the duel, Palpatine woulda devised a way for him to die, just like Dooku. And who knows who the leader of the CIS woulda been?--I really dont think Maul has the political savvy of Dooku, and I really can't see General Grevious taking orders from Maul .

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Re: Re: 10 worst things about the PT

a five year difference is already making someone your bigger sister? oh get real! 5 aint big at all
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Like he said in the movie "My powers have doubled since the last time we met Dooku." Anakin was more powerful, simple as that.

It's: "My powers have doubled since the last time we met Count" stick out tongue
but I agree with everything: the reasons are just too silly to even comment

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 12:59 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

This thread will only annoy certain people, we have enough of these threads around already as it is.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 03:06 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by yerssot
a five year difference is already making someone your bigger sister? oh get real! 5 aint big at all

It's: "My powers have doubled since the last time we met Count" stick out tongue
but I agree with everything: the reasons are just too silly to even comment

Oh boo hoo yerssie-poo. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 06:32 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Plus half the reasons he put are shit-based.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 06:46 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

and Anakin was about 9/10. So how could they get married if there's 5 years difference?

5 years is nothing. It's pretty common for people to have an age gap, in fact.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

My aunt is 3 years older than my uncle, who gives a shit.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 08:17 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah but 5!!! Yeah my Aunt is older than my uncle but not by 5 years, it seams too unlikely.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 08:32 PM
sXe
jenr

theonly thing i could NOT stand was the way George f^cked with Padme's voice when she was the Queen. sick

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 08:35 PM
Click here to Send sXe a Private Message Find more posts by sXe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

???

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 08:46 PM
LanceWindu

yeah but 5!!! Yeah my Aunt is older than my uncle but not by 5 years, it seams too unlikely.

Bullshit. Love knows no age. Think outside the box.

Originally posted by JenR1215
theonly thing i could NOT stand was the way George f^cked with Padme's voice when she was the Queen. sick

Yeah, I didn't like it either. It was too monotone.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 08:52 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

well you're right but aren't jedi allowed to marry?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 09:09 PM