KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Physiological effects of force lightning

Physiological effects of force lightning
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Physiological effects of force lightning

I posted this in the EU section but thought i'd repost it here because it would get discussed more and stifle any more threads about palpatine's deformities or Vader's cause of death. It's simplified but it makes sense to me:
here's my theory. There are different intensities of force lightning that have different phsyiological effects and that require different degrees of proficiency to use.
1. low level intensity.
This is done with either one hand or a quick jolt from both hands. The physical effects are minimal and are usually limited to either a kinnetic impact which sends the victim flying or a prolonged force which not only picks up the opponent but also causes pain and minor burns on the skin. Can be absorbed by a lightsaber
examples-Dooku in AOTC, Palpatine's first burst against Yoda in ROTS, Palpatine's first burst against Luke in ROTJ.
2. Mid level intensity
Both hands are used for a continuous flow of lightning. The lightning mostly affects the nervous system, skin, and teeth, causing burns and convulsions, can also wear down enamel. Prolongued exposure leads to slow superheating of the skeleton (creating a glowing skeletal effect), unconsciousness, and eventually death from organ damage. exposure at a close distance is more lethal, leading to the permanent bleaching of skin by burning of melanin, and the melting and deformation of the skin and bones of localized areas and the permanent destruction of tooth enamel. death occurs when the super heated bones begin cooking the organs around them. can be absorbed by a lightsaber.
examples-Bolts reflecting off of Mace's Saber at Palpatine in ROTS, Palpatine's prolonged burst at Luke before being picked up by Vader in ROTJ. Dooku's attack on Assajj in Clone Wars.
3. High level intensity
Lightning is shot with two hands. It immediatley causes the super heating of the skeleton, causing it to glow through skin and armor along with paralysis. Eventually the brain will start to boil inside the skull, the eyeballs burst, and the Victim dies. Prolongued use of this intensity can also cause a permanent yellow eye discoloration in the user (from the dark side energies), scorched fingenails, and a rapid osteoperosis of the fingers, creating the impression of long fingernails. Cannot be absorbed with a lightsaber, but if a Jedi is strong enough to hold onto his/her saber under the barrage, bolts of medium intensity will reflect back at the user.
Examples-Palpatine's attacks on Mace and Yoda in ROTS. Palpatine's attack on Vader in ROTJ.

i don't necesarily think that force lightning is anything other than some mystical energy and not the force directing high energy electrons.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Last edited by Darth Jello on Dec 8th, 2005 at 12:21 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2005 12:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

dont forget it also deforms you

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2005 02:01 PM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: Physiological effects of force lightning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I posted this in the EU section but thought i'd repost it here because it would get discussed more and stifle any more threads about palpatine's deformities or Vader's cause of death. It's simplified but it makes sense to me:
here's my theory. There are different intensities of force lightning that have different phsyiological effects and that require different degrees of proficiency to use.
1. low level intensity.
This is done with either one hand or a quick jolt from both hands. The physical effects are minimal and are usually limited to either a kinnetic impact which sends the victim flying or a prolonged force which not only picks up the opponent but also causes pain and minor burns on the skin. Can be absorbed by a lightsaber
examples-Dooku in AOTC, Palpatine's first burst against Yoda in ROTS, Palpatine's first burst against Luke in ROTJ.
2. Mid level intensity
Both hands are used for a continuous flow of lightning. The lightning mostly affects the nervous system, skin, and teeth, causing burns and convulsions, can also wear down enamel. Prolongued exposure leads to slow superheating of the skeleton (creating a glowing skeletal effect), unconsciousness, and eventually death from organ damage. exposure at a close distance is more lethal, leading to the permanent bleaching of skin by burning of melanin, and the melting and deformation of the skin and bones of localized areas and the permanent destruction of tooth enamel. death occurs when the super heated bones begin cooking the organs around them. can be absorbed by a lightsaber.
examples-Bolts reflecting off of Mace's Saber at Palpatine in ROTS, Palpatine's prolonged burst at Luke before being picked up by Vader in ROTJ. Dooku's attack on Assajj in Clone Wars.
3. High level intensity
Lightning is shot with two hands. It immediatley causes the super heating of the skeleton, causing it to glow through skin and armor along with paralysis. Eventually the brain will start to boil inside the skull, the eyeballs burst, and the Victim dies. Prolongued use of this intensity can also cause a permanent yellow eye discoloration in the user (from the dark side energies), scorched fingenails, and a rapid osteoperosis of the fingers, creating the impression of long fingernails. Cannot be absorbed with a lightsaber, but if a Jedi is strong enough to hold onto his/her saber under the barrage, bolts of medium intensity will reflect back at the user.
Examples-Palpatine's attacks on Mace and Yoda in ROTS. Palpatine's attack on Vader in ROTJ.

i don't necesarily think that force lightning is anything other than some mystical energy and not the force directing high energy electrons.

That's very interesting. I think you summarised it very well.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2005 05:44 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

You forgot to mention that it's as painful as biting down on a piece of tinfoil.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2005 08:34 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
dont forget it also deforms you

um, read the thing more closely. Your skin becomes bleached cause your melanin burns away, it can deform cause your bones and flesh melt and flow. and the whole osteoperosis thing says that your fingernails don't actually grow, but your fingers shrink, making it look like your finger nails are longer.

Last edited by Darth Jello on Dec 8th, 2005 at 09:36 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2005 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

So I guess you have some free time that or you just found it on some website

Old Post Dec 8th, 2005 09:44 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

If he made it up, then I'm pretty impressed. It sure explains a lot.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2005 10:54 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i've been thinking about it for awhile, and i needed a break from studying for finals. Filling that break with beer or adult swim would be counter productive.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2005 05:14 AM
GCG
Red Bull

Considering that Luke initially half succeded to deflect Sids lightnening attack, its not bad.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Dec 9th, 2005 05:23 AM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I applaud you, Darth Jello! Quite impressive, explains things pretty well, and makes sense. yes

Old Post Dec 9th, 2005 05:28 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I'd take a bow, but again, that final starts at 10:30 AM and i'd waste precious seconds.
If any of you are Postmodern literature buffs, give me a PM.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2005 09:41 AM
queeq
Chaos

On topic, peeps...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2005 10:09 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lowrider370
X

nice theory in star wars kotar force lighting can be learned in three forms force shock,force lighting and force storm

its the video game where u get to be either dark or light side jedi

Sig Duels 3 w, 2 L

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 07:58 PM
Click here to Send lowrider370 a Private Message Find more posts by lowrider370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC_GG

The only way to kill Palpatine is with force lightning. If you hold your lightsaber real close to him it will literally kill him. If Vader knew force lightning he'd have killed Palpatine in ROTJ instead of throwing him down the shaft.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 09:00 PM
Click here to Send MC_GG a Private Message Find more posts by MC_GG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Where'd you get that idea? blink

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 09:10 PM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC_GG

Well if you saw Episode III you'd understand. When Mace was deflecting the lightning back at Palpatine, Palpatine was getting older. So if Palpatine didn't stop using his force lightning it would've killed him. Basically the only way to defeat Palpatine is by deflecting his own force lightning right back at him.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 10:20 PM
Click here to Send MC_GG a Private Message Find more posts by MC_GG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's entirely unfounded and wrong.

Palpatine was getting older! His body was being damaged, for reasons that Darth Jello has guessed pretty accurately at. All Palpatine needed was a good stab from Mace Windu's lightsaber.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 12:17 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

i think that he was keeping himself from aging by using the darkside, but i think that when he used his force lightning he just let it all go, just like when you go to the bathroom

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 12:19 AM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Where did people get this stupid aging idea? blink

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 12:20 AM
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

i dont know

but i like to state my opinon

even if it sucks

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 12:22 AM