KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » sick of Anti PT threads. Think of the future....

sick of Anti PT threads. Think of the future....
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

sick of Anti PT threads. Think of the future....

sick of anti PT threads

Think in the future and try to put your minds in what the casual veiwer would think when he/she would be be seeing SW for the first time.

I seriously doubt they will be like: "If he doesn't turn to the darkside in this one I'm gonna be pissed."

To me Sw is 12 hours of something to do when I'm borded. They're fun to watch.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:32 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

i think that GL will be sucsessful at the TV series

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:35 PM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

Agree with both your post.

a) in 20 years time the PT will be regarded as a clasic like the OT. Nothing we say here will change that.

b) any series he does will be a succes because we will ne there to watch it.

"That night, when I entered my room, I had the surprise of receiving only one gunshot" - G.Montenegro on surprises

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth Zhin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zhin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Pure speculation. Nobody can say the PT will turn out like as legendary as the OT after twenty years.
That's SuperShadow logic.
We can't judge this because we are fans.

You will have to wait till future is present....

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:50 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

All right then... nothing is sure.

But at least admit that the probabilities are high.

"That night, when I entered my room, I had the surprise of receiving only one gunshot" - G.Montenegro on surprises

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth Zhin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zhin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Well.. sad
I don't think the probability is high.. Sorry to say it..
But they are interesting and good entertainment though! We'll see if we may be influenced by nostalgia or something. That way, the PT stands a chance to survive the test of time.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:56 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

YES

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:56 PM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

I see. Seems to be a matter of opinion them.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 05:58 PM
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

darth zhin do you want to be my apprentice

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 06:01 PM
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

i´m nobody´s apprentice!!!!!!!

partner in Evil Conpiracy to Rule the Known Universe sure....

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 06:03 PM
overlord
OD'd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
darth zhin do you want to be my apprentice
Betrayal? Already?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 06:04 PM
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

What can I tell you? Treachery IS the way of the Sith.

We are just a bunch of little backstabers big grin

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 06:05 PM
exanda kane

Unfortunately the PT will probably just be remembered by normal cinema goers in the same way Batman Forever is to the Batman franchise (yes I know that film was eugh but you see my point). much of the reason for the sucess of the PT was merely thhe nolstalgia from the OT, however i may be wrong.

The TV Series could go either way.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:58 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

You are wrong

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 11:18 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I am right.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 11:53 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Darth Zhin
Agree with both your post.

a) in 20 years time the PT will be regarded as a clasic like the OT. Nothing we say here will change that.

In the sense of fandom...yes. However as filmaking and history...it won't. The Original SW left a mark in both culture and cinemagratophy (sp?) The new SW is more CGI and adventure rather than storytelling.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 12:07 AM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by Darth Zhin

I disagree. Especially, if compared to with the OT. In say, 20, 30, 40 years even. They will be considered as Entertaining movies, but when compared the the Original trilogy, They are just flicks. Don't get me wrong, they are good movies. They all have their moments for sure. But Around-the-world Classics?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

Always emotions the future...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

Regarding Mando´s post:

Classics movies for us? sure not, but the kids who starts their SW run with Ep 1 onwards.... well they´ll consider those movies (PT and OT) as classics films.

I´ll also think that for those future moviewatchers the terms PT and OT will be meaningless to them.

just a thought.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 01:11 AM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

I think the only movie that will be well remembered for a while is ROTS. On the whole, and the last few 'nostalgic' scenes linking up to the OT - on that basis including the fact that it was the last ever SW movie, so i think people WILL remember ROTS, or it will just be more outlined in contrast to 1 and 2

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote