KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Should they have left it as one baby?

Should they have left it as one baby?
Started by: SS_181st_Snow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Should they have left it as one baby?

In the ROTS film, I think they should've kept it at the end that it was one baby. They could've had Luke being born on the asteroid, then Padme could've gone to Alderaan n then had Leia. So that the "newbies" to Star Wars who want to be asses n watch 1-6 in that order will be surprised at SOMETHING. Thoughts?

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:14 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Although I'm not too sure sure on that idea, i understand what you mean. A lot of possible plot twists that could have been included to make the story exciting, were not so it left the whole PT quite bland.

It makes me feel guilty that i was able, as a kid, to let my mouth drop for seven minutes because of the vader Revelation scene, and then i think; there is nothing in the PT to make that happen to kids nowadays.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:28 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

Umm, that doesn't make a whole of sense.... in the middle of labor on Polis Massa, right after popping out baby one, move her to Alderan to give birth to baby two???

It's not like she could just "hold it" or something until she got to Alderaan.... she was giving birth to twins, for crying out loud, not going to the bathroom!!!

geeesh.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:36 PM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Re: Should they have left it as one baby?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
In the ROTS film, I think they should've kept it at the end that it was one baby. They could've had Luke being born on the asteroid, then Padme could've gone to Alderaan n then had Leia. So that the "newbies" to Star Wars who want to be asses n watch 1-6 in that order will be surprised at SOMETHING. Thoughts?

in a word.......no

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:52 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i agree that every surprise in the OT besides vader's redemption has been squashed. but willfully creating plot gaps is no way to solve it.
i look at it this way: the only big surprises of the PT from the point of view of one who has never seen the OT is that palps is sidious and anakin turns to the darkside.

so, thats why i feel it should be views in the order of 4,5,6,1,2,3
the surprise that palps=sidious would still be in tact, since the only clues
of which were not in the movies, but in star wars literature which referred to
the emporer as palpatine.

the only surprise that would be killed would be anakin's turn. but lets face it, anyone with the attention span of a carrot could see the overdone forshadowing throughout ep2 and all through ep3, so no surprises killed there.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:12 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I just can't believe that Lucas had to throw that piece of history in as fast as he could thus making no sense if you look at it from the OT's point of view.
But I'm actually surprised that Lucas didn't cut the part of Leia remembering her mom! laughing

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:54 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Actually Leia said that she "Doesn't remember much, just images really." or something to that degree.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:59 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Yeah, I read extreme over analysing and excuses on that part but it's still Lucas who quickly threw in that scene too.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 08:33 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Erm I agree with the last two comments. the second posts had no imagination whatsoever ever in it. Disgraceful smokin'

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:03 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Did Padme even LOOK at Leia after she was born? I didn't see it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote