KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What if Anakin became the empire

What if Anakin became the empire
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

What if Anakin became the empire

I don't know if this thread has been done or not but I haven't seen it and I was thinkin about it last night and kept wondering what if, and so I want to get opinions on the matter.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 10:52 AM
Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

If Anakin had taken the Emporer's place after Ep 3?

The empire would have collapsed, almost instantly.

And if Obi-Wan was still around I would'nt put it past him to convert Anakin back to the llight side.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:48 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

I ws thinking about this too. What if Luke had joined his father and they had overthrown the Emperor to "rule the galaxy as father and son"?

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

It seems like Vader was to dependent on other people, even with his son by his side the Empire would crumble.
If you think about it....
Anakin fell apart in TPM when he had to leave his mother, but then he found Padme. He pretty much depended on Obi-Wan during the next ten years of his life, then found Padme again....
It's obvious that he depends on Padme in RotS.
"I can't live without her."
When he looses her, he depends on Palps.
"In the end, the shadow is all you have left.
Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you unto intself--"
Anakin couldn't rule and empire, even with the help of Luke.

~S.L. cool

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

" What if Anakin became the empire?"

He'd be pretty fat!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Amidala
It seems like Vader was to dependent on other people, even with his son by his side the Empire would crumble.
If you think about it....
Anakin fell apart in TPM when he had to leave his mother, but then he found Padme. He pretty much depended on Obi-Wan during the next ten years of his life, then found Padme again....
It's obvious that he depends on Padme in RotS.
"I can't live without her."
When he looses her, he depends on Palps.
"In the end, the shadow is all you have left.
Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you unto intself--"
Anakin couldn't rule and empire, even with the help of Luke.

~S.L. cool

But then if his son joined him, wouldn't he be still be depending on other people. Just instead of his mother or Obi-wan or Padme or Palp he'd be leaning on his son.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

No offense but I REALLY HATE 'What if' Threads and stuff.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:03 PM
Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Dark Envy
No offense but I REALLY HATE 'What if' Threads and stuff.
This place can say the same about you.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

It could be worse.. It could be one of a thousand threads solely to request something from us.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:15 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
But then if his son joined him, wouldn't he be still be depending on other people. Just instead of his mother or Obi-wan or Padme or Palp he'd be leaning on his son.

How much could he really depend on whiny, adolescent Luke confused
Luke seems just as bad as Anakin in AotC. I don't think either have the potential to hold together an entire Empire....

~S.L. cool

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

True that. I was just saying that it would be another changing of hats. Probably more focused on the whole family aspect than on ruling the Empire, thus it would collapse... (but w/o fulfilling the prophecy?)

*wheeze* *wheeze* "Luke! Clean your room!"

Last edited by Next Venom_girl on Dec 23rd, 2005 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:30 PM
exanda kane

Think about the Return of the Jedi convos between luke and vader, luke appears the dominant character, Vader seems to lose himself.

Btw this is really not relevant to the topic but what the hell!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 09:41 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beedubaya

There is EU that states that Vader only remains alive because of Palpatine and the knowledge taught to him by Darth Plagues. This is why he dies as soon as the Emperor does. Don't know how much truth this has. Its something to think about.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 10:08 PM
Click here to Send beedubaya a Private Message Find more posts by beedubaya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

Originally posted by beedubaya
There is EU that states that Vader only remains alive because of Palpatine and the knowledge taught to him by Darth Plagues. This is why he dies as soon as the Emperor does. Don't know how much truth this has. Its something to think about.
thats sounds right

i think i read it some where

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 10:16 PM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

But if that's true, the only power he wanted was to Save his wife, so why not give up after he entered the suit and palps told him Padme was dead?

Edit: Oh, wait, sorry, I read that wrong. I thought you meant he stayed alive to learn the power from palps

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 12:48 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm still against the whole relating prophecies and truths of the PT to the events of the OT.

Since the OT was made before the PT, a different intention was considered.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

another 'what if' thread i see no expression

saying that, i find it very interestingly cool if he became Emperor

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 01:41 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AntniEllison
Jedi

Emperor Vader, sounds kool

ya can just imagine vader lookin at himself in the mirror sayin emperor vader i like the sound of that, or if he was in palpatine's office n then palps goes to the toilet or somthin n vader sneaks ova to palps seat n sits in it n acts out pretending he's emperor n then palps walks back in and goes "what are you doing" then vader is just like "errrrr nuffin"

Peace

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 03:23 PM
Click here to Send AntniEllison a Private Message Find more posts by AntniEllison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

When you think about it the sand people were the main reason why he turned, I was watchin ep III on thursday and Anakin said to Padme I won't lose you like I lost my mother, had the sand people never killed Anakins mother then he wouldn't have turned......his biggest weakness was that he was afraid to lose those close to him. That one womans death caused a whole chain of reactions.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 03:34 PM
Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

A. If Anakin had killed Palpatine right after ROTS, the Empire would crumble very fast. He wouldn't be able to take care of the Senate and such, and he'd be overwhelmed and killed.

B. If Anakin was able to convert Luke, they would easily kill Sidious, and reform the Empire. It would still be an Empire, but Luke would be able to reason enough into Anakin to have him snap back into it and turn it back to normal. Its Anakin and Luke's destiny to return peace, and they would. It wouldn't stay an evil Empire. Think about how much they could accomplish once Anakin would turn back to the light side, which would be inevitable. They have resources knowing where all the "evil imperials" would be, so they can wipe them out. They know about the Bounty Hunters - wipe them out. They know mobsters - wipe them out.

The New Republic would be so much better off.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 08:48 PM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote