KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What did Ben mean when he said..

What did Ben mean when he said..
Started by: Demarest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kevy-2006
Restricted

Account Restricted

What did Ben mean when he said..

It's over, I have the higher ground.

i just want to know what Ben meant when he said that

19 muthaphukkin 93,
and I'm back in this b*tch,
Eazy- muthaphukkin- E, the hip hop thugster...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 04:25 PM
Click here to Send kevy-2006 a Private Message Find more posts by kevy-2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

ben trained anakin, so he knows his weaknesses.
anakin's biggest flaw is that he's weak on the lowground.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 04:29 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

It's military. You always want the higher ground

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:47 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

The higher ground is always an advantage. And considering they are both about equals the high ground gave obi wan the victory.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i believe it was RC who hinted at anakin's weakness when being hounded for spoilers.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:39 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

same thing happened for Yoda, Sidous had the higher ground in the Senate and he was throwing Pods at Yoda with ease with yoda trying for his life.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:43 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DenKi
same thing happened for Yoda, Sidous had the higher ground in the Senate and he was throwing Pods at Yoda with ease with yoda trying for his life.

no, thats a matter of gravity

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:51 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Hurray for gravity, in Yoda's case.

Since Obi-Wan had the high ground, if Anakin tried to do the leap that Obi-Wan thought he would try, he wouldn't go high enough, and Obi-Wan would cut him down.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:52 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

if anakin had not given away that move when he jumped on the platform, he may have won

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:02 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Or maybe if he just moved over a little and fought sideways... wink

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:52 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Hayes

This is prob one of the really interseting threads for a while...

Maybe Obi realised that in the time it takes ani to jump and spin... he would only have to slash a few times to hit him....

Just my thought when i watched it!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Hayes a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hayes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Obi Wan knew how to defeat someone jumping at him from a lower height and he performed a similar, and more successful, move against Darth Maul.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 10:14 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Isnt jumping over some while slashing Obis specialty, so it would make sense if he would know how to counter his own move.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 10:20 PM
Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

if it was so easy, anakin would have been in pieces on the platform.
i think obiwan didnt see it coming, thus the element of surprise.
the second time he did the exact same move (duh) he got his ass
handed to him...along with an arm and 2 legs

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 11:52 PM
spekdah
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think also GL wanted it to "echo" what happens in the duel with Luke and Vader in ROTJ when Luke does a back flip up onto the walkway above Vader, the only difference being that Vader learnt his lesson with OB1 and instead of risking limb-loss by jumping up after Luke he throws his saber instead. Well done I say

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:44 AM
Click here to Send spekdah a Private Message Find more posts by spekdah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Those goddamn echoes...

Except in that case Luke had the high Ground:

Luke: "It's over daddy, I have the high ground."

Vader: (thinks) "This seems familiar..........Oh Well. Here goes!"

PHIZSLICE!

Vader: "Ah f*ck! My nose!"

Luke: "My God, my father is Michael Jackson."

Emperor: "Good! Now fullfill your destiny, and take Darth Neverland's place at MY side!"

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by PVS
no, thats a matter of gravity

No Sidious won cause he did have the higher ground. He didn't have to put as much force into throwing the pods down and it took more for Yoda to throw them back upwards

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 02:06 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Shadow x 20
No Sidious won cause he did have the higher ground. He didn't have to put as much force into throwing the pods down and it took more for Yoda to throw them back upwards
Actually it's been settled that it was an even mix of gravity and high ground.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 02:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

for those wondering what would happen if anakin cleared obi-wan, play the episode III game

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shadow x 20

yes. thats called "gravity"

that has nothing to do with having the high ground when dueling, in which case gravity has nothing to do with it, but rather an advantageous position for defense and striking.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 02:44 PM