KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » "Foreshadowing"

"Foreshadowing"
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

"Foreshadowing"

Throughout the PT, there are so many lines or incidents that act as 'foreshadowing' to the OT that it's not even funny sometimes, so I thought I'd make a thread dedicated to it.

So, just list 'em!

For example, they could be lines spoken by the actors.

"Why do I get the feeling that you'll be the death of me?" - Kenobi, AOTC

For obvious reasons, of course. wink

Enjoy!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:31 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Anakin in AOTC"....I cant breath." During the whole fireplace scene. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:47 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

"To a dark place will this line of thought lead us."--Yoad in ROTS about Palpatine's removal.

That's true, since Yoda ended up on the very dark Dagobah.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:23 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Incidents:
-That part in AOTC while Anakin is flirting with Padme, he tells her something to the effect of that things would be better if there was less debating in the senate and if one person controlled everything, namely him.

-Young Boba Fett picks up his father's helmet (head included).

-The ship Anakin is flying at the beginning of ROTS looks vaguely like a Tie fighter.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:37 AM
Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Incidents:
-That part in AOTC while Anakin is flirting with Padme, he tells her something to the effect of that things would be better if there was less debating in the senate and if one person controlled everything, namely him.

-Young Boba Fett picks up his father's helmet (head included).

-The ship Anakin is flying at the beginning of ROTS looks vaguely like a Tie fighter.
Your first one, yeah.

Your second one, no. Look closely for the shadow of his head flying off.

Third, that was purposful. In fact, if you look closely enough, you can just make out that the Republic Cruisers look strangely like Star Destroyers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:35 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

My favourite is in Labyrinth of Evil (novel) when Anakin asks Obi-Wan if he disabled a tractor beam:

Obi-Wan: Not a skill I expect to draw on again, but yes.

I thought that was really funny.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:20 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

"We will watch your career with great interest." - Palpatine, The Phantom Menace

"Too sure of themselves they are... even the older, more experienced ones." - Yoda, Attack Of The Clones

Last edited by notDeadYet! on Jan 4th, 2006 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:34 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I never saw it, but I heard when we first meet Anakin his shadow is Vader. Or is that crazy fanboy crap?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 09:22 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by Ast
I never saw it, but I heard when we first meet Anakin his shadow is Vader. Or is that crazy fanboy crap?
OOOOOOOOOHH!!! mad

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 11:47 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

The meeting in the bar in AoTC where Obi-Wan cuts off Zam Wessels arm. It forshadows his later encounter with Ponda Bobba in the Cantina where he cuts of his arm.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 01:33 AM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

Also kind of a little humor but when Obi-Wan looses them in the Asteroid field in Episdoe 2. He is cloaked in the asteroid. It's kind of funny because Boba doesn't make the same mistake when Han and the other are hiding on the side of the star destroyer and they camoflauge themselves in the garbage and then when they fly off Boba is right on thier tale. It's kind of a small detail.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 01:36 AM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Heh, I like that one, Duc...didn't think about that.

So we can blame Kenobi for Han's misfortune, then? laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:26 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

Yes, bastard Kenobi! laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:38 AM
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Originally posted by Ast

I don't know about in the movie, but the first promotional poster for TPM I saw at the movie theater had that image of kid Anakin with Vader's shadow.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 06:31 AM
Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Let's see here...besides the obvious ones like "Fear is the path to the darkside..." we have:

"Sometimes we must let go of our pride and do what is requested of us." - Vader sacrifices himself and his dreams of taking over with his son, in order to save his son, who oddly requests him to save him.

Anakin blowing up the Death Star-shaped Trade Federation ship/Luke blowing up the Death Star

Follow me on this one. Palpatine in the third film is using Force Lightning on an ally of Anakin when he switches to the dark side, and Mace is thrown to a death. Now in the third film of the OT, Palpatine is using Force Lightning on an ally of Anakin, his son, when he switches to the light side, and throws Palpatine down to his death.

Anakin in Episode 2 grasps the sphere in his hands - Anakin is given control of the Death Star in a way

Owen seems to think that Anakin shouldn't go searching for his mother, and should, yes, "stay on the farm", and you know what the deal is with Luke in ANH.

Padme is wearing an all white outfit when she first says she loves Anakin, meanwhile Leia is wearing an all white outfit when she first says she loves Han

Anakin's mistake in Episode 2 is going through the power coupling, where he gets partially electrocuted - later on, he dies from electrocution.

Anakin, before his transformation, never wields his own red bladed lightsaber, symbolizing that there is still good in him, even in the Mustafar duel.

I'll think of more another time when it isn't 3 in the morning lol

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 07:52 AM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by NoFate007
Anakin in Episode 2 grasps the sphere in his hands - Anakin is given control of the Death Star in a way
What sphere is this?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 09:34 AM
overlord
OD'd

Yeah, this thread has come from obvious easter eggs to over-analysis.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:52 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

Originally posted by Tangible God
What sphere is this?
when hes at padmes he makes that little ball thing fly into his hand

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

Originally posted by Ast
Anakin in AOTC"....I cant breath." During the whole fireplace scene. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ouch!!!

And I caught the Obi Wan "why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" immediately when I saw AOTC.

Of course, there's always the scene where Obi Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber on Mustafar and in ANH tells Luke, "your father wanted you to have this" - hmmm, new siggy coming I think!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Darth Sadistic
Ouch!!!

And I caught the Obi Wan "why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" immediately when I saw AOTC.

Of course, there's always the scene where Obi Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber on Mustafar and in ANH tells Luke, "your father wanted you to have this" - hmmm, new siggy coming I think!

Those 2 were VERY blatant.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 05:09 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote