KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » jedi attachments

jedi attachments
Started by: darth_shady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darth_shady

Smile jedi attachments

people...if u c all that crap about the jedi spurning any kind of attachments is just crap..if u notice most of them had attachments of sum sort...ob1 was attached to anakin,mace..the republic...n ofcourse anakin had padme

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 02:57 PM
Click here to Send darth_shady a Private Message Find more posts by darth_shady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's only truly an attachment if you fear to let go.

Obviously Jedi can have friends, comrades, even very close ones- and obviously that's very troubling for Obi-Wan when he had to turn against Anakin; a real test of his Light Side virtues. Jedi are continually tested in that wasy.

It's impossible to be truly free of attachment and actually do anything in the Galaxy, but the Order still makes a strong effort to discourage Jedi from the obviously strong attachments of family and partners.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Obi-Wan did indeed have an attachment to Anakin that he only managed to let go of DURING the duel.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 04:13 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Obi-Wan did indeed have an attachment to Anakin that he only managed to let go of DURING the duel.

in fact he never let go of it imho.
"ANAKIN!! DONT TRY IT!!!"

but anakin was dead right? looks like someone refused to accept
that, until he had a simple split second choice: kill vader or die.

and then:

"YOU WERE MY BROTHER ANAKIN!!!!"

um...obiwan...who the hell are you talking to? anakin is dead. it was only in ep4 that he addressed him as 'darth vader'

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 04:56 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Plus Yoda was friends with the Wookies. Luke had attachments to his friends, Leia clearly has an attachment to Han etc.

No offence to anyone, but I think the decision to make it so that Anakin and Padme had to hide their relationship was a mistake on Lucas's part.

"It's only truly an attachment if you fear to let go."

So as long as you are willing to let go should it prove necessary (i.e. if your partner breaks up with you), there should be no problem.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 05:21 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Plus Yoda was friends with the Wookies. Luke had attachments to his friends, Leia clearly has an attachment to Han etc.

this i disagree with. its different to have friends and loved ones and something entirely different to refuse to let go when their time is spent.

No offence to anyone, but I think the decision to make it so that Anakin and Padme had to hide their relationship was a mistake on Lucas's part.

i dont agree. but i think from a different point of view than most. i think the jedi were wrong to forbid family bonds and even marriage. i think they made the law way too strict out of a complete lack of trust for their own. i would even dare argue that had anakin NOT had to hide his marraige, and had he not had to hide his attachment for his mother, the jedi may have been able to council him properly...nip it in the bud if you will...

"It's only truly an attachment if you fear to let go."

So as long as you are willing to let go should it prove necessary (i.e. if your partner breaks up with you), there should be no problem.

breaks up with you? you mean 'dies' right?
other than that, i fully agree.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 05:31 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

"I will do what I must"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 06:13 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
"I will do what I must"

talk is cheap

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 06:49 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
"I will do what I must"

read the book

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 07:31 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

This is different than friendship attachment. Anakin and Padme's relationship dealt with the very controversial aspect of love.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

read the book

Why?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 06:12 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

describes this very issue

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:34 AM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by PVS
breaks up with you? you mean 'dies' right?
other than that, i fully agree.

To be honest I meant both.

a) If your partner dies, as long as you are able to move on, there is no problem.

b) If you are in a relationship and your partner feels they no longer want to be with you. It's the whole thing about being willing to let go and not holding onto something selfishly i.e. wanting what's best for your loved one, not what's best for you.

I didn't explain it well, sorry.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 12:15 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

describes this very issue

Nah thats okay I've moved on.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 04:19 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

As have most of us. yes

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 04:49 PM