KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » I'm pretty sure Anakin could've killed Obi-Wan...

I'm pretty sure Anakin could've killed Obi-Wan...
Started by: Faroth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

I'm pretty sure Anakin could've killed Obi-Wan...

I might've missed something, but in the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight scene, I think Anakin could've killed Obi-Wan. Remember the part where Anakin jams Obi-Wan's lightsaber into Obi-Wan's neck? If he'd ignited it, couldn't it have killed him? I mean the blade would have extended right into Obi-Wan's neck. Maybe it was the other end of the hilt, but it looked kinda like the emmiter side...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 10:02 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

He never jams it into Obi-Wan's neck. . .

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

I thought I saw him jam a lightsaber hilt into Obi-Wan's neck...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 10:14 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

You saw wrong, and if Anakin could have killed Obi-Wan he would have.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 10:16 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

What the f**k?

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 10:50 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

He could have, but he was overconfident just like all the other Sith...

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

If they fight had continued past where it ended...Anakin would have prevailed eventually.

4:20!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 12:20 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladyjedi05

I totally agree with you Jedi Priestess~ If he could have ~ he would have...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 02:04 AM
Click here to Send ladyjedi05 a Private Message Find more posts by ladyjedi05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
He never jams it into Obi-Wan's neck. . .
but thank god he didnt jam it in other places shifty

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 03:25 AM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Lol.

No, I mean like he jabbed the hilt into Obi-Wan's neck... Not like down his neck or anything, but I guess I DID see wrong...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 04:14 AM
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

If you mean when Anakin is on Obi-Wan and pushing the lightsaber back towards him, that's all I can think of.

I think the only problem with the duel was, Why didn't Anakin just jump on the bank, not like right next to the lava, but lower than Obi-Wan, and just run up and attack him again? I would've done that atleast, unless he thought the Highground line was a challenge.

Also, as I said, when he was pushing Obi-Wan's hand down, does it look like he mouths "**** you" when he moves his lips? Or is it just me?

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 05:15 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
If you mean when Anakin is on Obi-Wan and pushing the lightsaber back towards him, that's all I can think of.

I think the only problem with the duel was, Why didn't Anakin just jump on the bank, not like right next to the lava, but lower than Obi-Wan, and just run up and attack him again? I would've done that atleast, unless he thought the Highground line was a challenge.

Also, as I said, when he was pushing Obi-Wan's hand down, does it look like he mouths "**** you" when he moves his lips? Or is it just me?

Cause, Anakin would slip down to the lava if he done that.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 05:25 AM
Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I think he was trying to regain the high ground himself....but he failed.

And many people have noticed that wink

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 07:19 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

I think that's kind of the idea. If Anakin had kept his cool he'd have done something like that. But he got mad, lost his cool and Obi-Wan took full advantage. Hence, don't give in to anger as you'll make mistakes.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 02:56 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

That's what I think.

Anakin had the potential to kill Obi-Wan, and was the better fighter, but Obi-Wan's quick thinking and wisdom surpases Anakin and he can concentrate better, so while Anakin by sheer force could have destroyed Kenobi, Obi-Wan was smart enough to fight with his mind, and Anakin's eventual downfall was his inability to push his emotions aside and clear his thoughts - which he does and that's why he kicks the hell out of Kenobi in ANH.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 05:31 PM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

It's a lightsaber fight. Anyone could have taken chances, anyone could've slipped up.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 05:59 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I just watched ROTS, and to this thread's topic:

He didn't push the saber into Obi-Wan's neck. It was RIGHT below his neck. He wasn't choking him with the saber, but if he had turned it on he would have stabbed right through Obi's head.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darht dude

Well Faroth if anikin killed obi-wan it wuold totally screw-up episodes #'s 4,5 and 6!

Duh!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 11:38 PM
Click here to Send darht dude a Private Message Find more posts by darht dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Darth, that's one of the reasons this forum is for. To discuss what might of happened if someone did something differently.

Here's a picture to show you what I mean. It's a little distorted though...

Attachment: sfjliuijsgh.jpg
This has been downloaded 61 time(s).

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 03:59 AM
truejedi

refresh my memory though, what it is that he does instead of turning it on?
another though, obi wan could've sliced anakin from head to toe when he first jumped on the droid that obi was on, anakin had to catch his balance, and left himself wide open.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 05:37 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote