KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » SW Farmers

SW Farmers
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

SW Farmers

The official site has characters described as farmers and land owners. If you read EpisodeII.com they have an article linking Star Wars to Kurosawa films. In one of these films the Samuri have to protect a group of farmers. So the Jedi might have to do the same in Ep 2.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 10:37 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Perhaps, it's more likely that they just have a very minor role as moisture farmers on Tatooine. Lucas seems keen on the idea of telling us stuff that is irelevent to the plot in Ep2, and then feeling very proud of "sharing" with us.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

The official site says they are all pretty experienced actors not just extras. I think everyone should read that Kurosawa page as it is very interesting.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 10:56 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I'll do that. I do remember thinking SW's whole samurai connection and hero's journey stuff was real cool. From a literary prospective.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

That page tells you a lot of links between the two which have already happened and hopefully some still to come.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:03 PM
Xizor

Vadrers very asian looking costume design is a work of genius.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:06 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Moisture farmers don't necessarily have to not be major roles. Maybe they are related to Anakin or Shmi, and Anakin goes to them to learn about his past.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:06 PM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Here's a good scenario, they are friends/family of Owen. Owen has been taking care of Schmi while Anakins been away.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:14 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

But Shmi's a slave...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:15 PM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Wonit stop Owen from coming by to her hovel, helping her with chores, talking to her and caring for her if she's sick or overworked.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:21 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

That's IF Owen is on Tatooine, I think he might start out as an Alderaanian citizen.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:23 PM
KJ
Sausages

I still think he is a Jedi.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:33 PM
Xizor

I think Beru is an Alderaanian citzen, Owen has a simple beginning and a simple end as a Moisture farmer.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:36 PM
Dim
Creativity

What if Owen owns Shmi (the frees her)....I know it's not likely...but I don't think anyone brought up the possiblity.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I kind of find the idea of Owen and Beru being brother and sister convincing. I mean think about it, they're farmers right? They would need kids to take care of the chores. They are relatively in shape so conceiving wouldn't be difficult and they are MOST LIKELY AGAINST INCEST. *shudders at the word*

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:37 AM
Dim
Creativity

It says right on the Official Site that they're married...so lets not even go into the incest thing...no freaky hillbilly themes please smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 11:09 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

It "says" they're married, until GL tricks us into his inaviable scheme to manipulate our malfunctioning little brains and follow his orders as pit droids.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 11:14 AM
Dim
Creativity

yep....I'm a drone...get with the program!...they're married...people marry their sisters Tatooine...yeah...that's what GL will say. YICKY!!!!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 11:28 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Hey, George Washington married his second cousin.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 11:57 AM
Dim
Creativity

So are you saying you're Pro-Inbreeding? stick out tongue ...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:06 PM