KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » About Dooku losing to Anakin.

About Dooku losing to Anakin.
Started by: Hello Friend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Generic Hero
KGB

About Dooku losing to Anakin.

Where's the evidence that Dooku WAS going all out?

Also, where's the evidence that Dooku was holding back?

I'm unsure what to make of this scene in RotS.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

there is no evidence.

my take: dooku was holding out as per his arrogance. his intention was to turn anakin and have him kill sidious, as i believe he hoped from kenobi in ep2. he baits anakin by telling him to release his anger and hate, and gets far more than he expected. off with the head.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 01:10 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

I personally think dooku was going all out. Dooku had been almost defeated by anikan as a padawan and I think he knew, sidious there or not, that he had to be careful with anikan

I got everything!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

"Almost defeated in AOTC by padawan Anakin?"

Dude... wtf?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, anakin got his ass handed to him in ep2. not even debatable

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 01:21 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

But he put up a nice fight for a puny padawan.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Hardly, Dooku was toying with him. One minute long hesitation and Dooku finally takes his sweet time lopping off that fruit's arm.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 04:20 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

Dooku was messin wit anakin's head,he probly wanted anakin to join him n kill sidious,cuz cmon,dooku prolly sensed the plot from sidious

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 04:41 AM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Re: About Dooku losing to Anakin.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hello Friend
Where's the evidence that Dooku WAS going all out?

Also, where's the evidence that Dooku was holding back?

I'm unsure what to make of this scene in RotS.
ROTS novel.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:15 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Pretty much said and done, closing.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:18 AM
Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Re: About Dooku losing to Anakin.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hello Friend
[B]where's the evidence that Dooku was holding back?[B]

Chapter 2 of the ROTS novel.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 06:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padmé Amidala
The Bride of Cascador

Basically all there is know is that Anakin was fighting out with Dooku with revenge in his heart. He's a more experienced warrior than he was in Ep II, so he was determined to show Dooku so as he was still effected with what happened. Anakin was simply better than Dooku, and thats why he lost

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 10:10 AM
Click here to Send Padmé Amidala a Private Message Find more posts by Padmé Amidala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spekdah
Restricted

Account Restricted

its simple, Dooku is a Sith lord, those dudes always wanna bring the worst out in everyone, its in their nature to spread lies, deciet and corruption, well as far as Dooku goes. Anakin/Vader had a different Sith nature, more a need for order as well as power.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 11:25 AM
Click here to Send spekdah a Private Message Find more posts by spekdah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

If you look at Dooku's dialogue, you can sure see that he was provoking Anakin. I think it's not because he wanted Anakin at his side....not at all...He wanted to defeat him so he couldn't take his place at Sidious' side. He was provoking him so he would make a mistake which would result in his defeat. But Dooku like any Sith Lord was overconfident.
About Dooku telling about Sidious to Obi-Wan in ep II? That was not to get Kenobi at this side. Dooku wanted the Jedi to know that there possible was a Sith Lord in the senate to create suspicion between the senate and the Jedi.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
craft-a-saber
a target for arseholes

the ROTS novel makes it perfectly clear that dooku was set-up by sidious
for the reason that

1.)sidious wanted to test the water with anakin and felt that dooku was obsolete
2.)he knew once anakin had killed dooku he would be able to brainwash him into thinking the dark anti-jedi murder was his own revenge
3.)dooku at first was toying with anakin but as it states in the novel soon realised he was in trouble but by then he had given anakin too much time to gather his confidence and his anger and hate

the book i read was written by matthew stover i dont know if there are other ROTS books written by other authors but this is how it is in that one

the scene in the film is quite in-accurate to the story as it does not portray dooku's struggle well enough i think thats why people get confused

Be Mindful Of The Living Force

Last edited by craft-a-saber on Feb 23rd, 2006 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 09:11 PM
Click here to Send craft-a-saber a Private Message Find more posts by craft-a-saber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

yeah, I like the novel, but there is a lot in the novels that the writers add themselves...so I don't know if you can consider everything missing as canon. For example...Anakin is upset that he ain't a master cause he can't get access to the holocrons. That was never in the script...that was just invented by the writer himself.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

No it isnt canon but I do believe the ROTS novel was approved by GL wasnt it?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 09:48 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Dooku was clearly superior to Anakin and Obi-Wan. He was able to WTFpwn Kenobi and kick Anakin a few metres backwards.

Dooku uses a style designed for dueling and has far more experience than both of them.

I think Dooku was just being arrogant, personally.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 09:48 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

I'd have liked the novel better if the writer hadn't done that "this is how if feels like to be anakin" to death!

"This is how it feels like to read a novel that uses a cheap literary device: 'cough, hack, wheeze.'"

Ya know, in practically every lightsaber battle, somebody makes a mistake. Every time somebody loses an arm, they usually leave it hanging out there a half-second too long, with no protection. It's like two boxers where one will connect to the chin because the other didn't protect his face.

And I think a lot of the time we see the arm unprotected for so long is so we the viewers can see it being taken off, which is artist's license. And actually it's not that long, but seeing it over and over and breaking it down frame-by-frame in slow motion makes us think "Gee those jedi were idiots."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 10:28 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Well that's how one wins melee fights ain't it, split-second mistakes.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 02:25 AM