KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Three New SW Movies Announced...

Three New SW Movies Announced...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Three New SW Movies Announced...

https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-...star-wars-films

"Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced that three new live-action Star Wars films are on the way. Helming the movies are James Mangold (Logan, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny), Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Ahsoka), and Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face).

James Mangold's movie will go back to the dawn of the Jedi, while Dave Filoni's will focus on the New Republic, and close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other Disney+ series. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2023 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Rey Movie: Trash. I will not see it. A story about creating a New Jedi Order was supposed to be Luke's arc, not his hollow replacement. Easy pass for me. It also pisses me off that they have the gall to call this era the New Jedi Order era.

Filoni Movie: The Mando-verse has been on a downward spiral since BoBF. And Ahsoka doesn't look like it's going to change that. I also can't say I'm interested in seeing a copy of the Thrawn Trilogy without the OT trio or Mara Jade.

First Jedi Movie: The only one that actually interests me. Mangold is talented and I think this has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, there is a huge chance that it is cancelled.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2023 03:58 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Agreed

The last thing I'm really interested in is Rey's character getting stuffed down our throats again, and acting in even more of a mary-sue capacity then she was in the ST. Hard, hard pass.

I think the Filoni movie could be good, maybe. but yeah with how bad BOBF and the new season of Mando are, I'm starting to get skeptical. I really don't need to see Lizzo on the big screen ffs.

The dawn of the Jedi movie could be amazing. It would be all new characters with an all new story. It would also give new canon a BUNCH of fresh material to work with. Hopefully it happens.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2023 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I'll check them out, then I'll pass judgement

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 14th, 2023 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order."
Not set in stone yet, but...

"The movie has reportedly been titled Star Wars: New Jedi Order. The synopsis reads, 'Set roughly 15 years after Rey's victory over Palpatine and the end of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The sequel delves into Rey's courageous endeavor to restore the Jedi Order, where she assumes the role of a mentor to two promising young students--a girl and a boy. As their training progresses, it becomes evident that the girl possesses extraordinary abilities, destined to emerge as the future leader.'"

Heh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2023 11:28 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

That sounds terrible

Old Post Jun 27th, 2023 06:46 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Galan007
Not set in stone yet, but...

"The movie has reportedly been titled Star Wars: New Jedi Order. The synopsis reads, 'Set roughly 15 years after Rey's victory over Palpatine and the end of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The sequel delves into Rey's courageous endeavor to restore the Jedi Order, where she assumes the role of a mentor to two promising young students--a girl and a boy. As their training progresses, it becomes evident that the girl possesses extraordinary abilities, destined to emerge as the future leader.'"

Heh.
So... Luke, basically.

People have to stop paying Disney to see this derivative nonsense, they don't deserve your money or time.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2023 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
So... Luke, basically.

Yeah Rey is basically taking Lukes place in Disney Canon as the one to restore the Jedi Order.

And they wonder why us fans be mad at them.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2023 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile

Old Post Nov 6th, 2023 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

luke did restore the jedi order, and it was destroyed, and yoda wasn't even mad. nothing was undone. also, directors and writers don't care about how middle aged men want their favorite fairy tale go.

But unlike them, I do care, so much that i really would like to see The Real Fans get their way. Disney should just give in and do a "what if?" version of the sequel trilogy, and just have AI write it. load up the AI with literally all the EU from way back, mara jade and all. let it churn out 100% pure fan-wanking goodness with nothing to upset anyone. mega-super-ultra-enhanced-deathstar gets blown up by luke's son or some other skywalker with a penis. all the skywalker force ghosts have a makeout-fest and roll credits. I want this to happen, so much. I won't watch it, but i'll appreciate its effect

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Nov 28th, 2023 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2023 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
luke did restore the jedi order, and it was destroyed, and yoda wasn't even mad. nothing was undone. also, directors and writers don't care about how middle aged men want their favorite fairy tale go.

But unlike them, I do care, so much that i really would like to see The Real Fans get their way. Disney should just give in and do a "what if?" version of the sequel trilogy, and just have AI write it. load up the AI with literally all the EU from way back, mara jade and all. let it churn out 100% pure fan-wanking goodness with nothing to upset anyone. mega-super-ultra-enhanced-deathstar gets blown up by luke's son or some other skywalker with a penis. all the skywalker force ghosts have a makeout-fest and roll credits. I want this to happen, so much. I won't watch it, but i'll appreciate its effect
I've missed you, this post is pure gold.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2023 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Are you just taking a vacation from KMCesspool, or did you trick the mods into request-banning you?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2023 01:06 AM