KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » The Reaper's War

The Reaper's War
Started by: sqwunchy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hugh Jass
Exhibit A

The Reaper's War

The Reaper's War
The Grim Reaper is in the middle of a war with some of his former demons that had once faithfully served him. After one of the most powerful, Dorrakullan, went renegade, the demon has gathered many followers and started a war with the Reaper and the rest still faithful to him. If the demons led by Dorrakullan succeed in defeating the Reaper, death will be lost and the already dead will come back to life and, with this army at his hands, Dorrakullan will wipe out humanity as we know it. But, if the Reaper wins, there will be nothing to stop him from from wiping out humanity, too. The forces of both Dorrakullan and the Reaper are getting on the surface of Earth by the use of magic gates. This has not gone unnoticed by a group of mages and wizards. They have tried to muster as many men as possible to defeat the forces of both armies before they get back into the Underworld. (the armies, of course, will not go all at once. just small groups of the armies occaisionally go up.) The humans have already defeated a few contingents of demons since the war started, and the Reaper and Dorrakullan are not happy. The humans are now waist deep in this war. The demons on both sides still have their old orders, but now the should kill any human and destroy every town they come across. The human army is dwindling, and the army of Dorrakullan grows ever stronger. Also, some necromancers have joined the cause for the Reaper and Dorrakullan. These men aid the demon armies greatly, because they can conjure more forces. Will you help the humans preserve their existence, or will you try to destroy it? It's your choice in this RP.

Rules
1.No Killing People Without Their Permission
2.No Member Bashing (jokingly is okay, but make sure they know that)
3.No Hardcore Swearing (mild is okay)
4.Be Realistic In Your Abilities (like no invincibility, no taking on 100 fighters and expect to survive)
5.If You Die, No Coming Back To Life (you must make a new character for that.)
6.Try To Have Non-Relevant Conversation By Private Messaging Each Other

Character creation:
Loyalty (Dorrakullan, Grim Reaper, Human):
Name:
Fighter type
Weapons (don't overdo it):
Description (include appearance and way you act):
Backround story:
Type of magic (if wizard or mage):

Here are the fighter classes
Also to add to this, more fighter types! I will include the originals and which race it goes with.
HUMAN:
Paladin: fighter of the light, can do simple spells and is a good fighter
Knight: well armored fighter, what he lacks in basic speed is made up with brute force
Wizard: Highly trained in magic, and whatever magic you choos to serve, you get strong magiical powers, although unarmored
Mage: More physically adept wizard, not as good as the wizard when it comes to magic, but can channel what magic he does have through his weapon, which must be a pole weapon. (spear, pike, battle axe, etc.)
Archer: well trained ranged fighter. these fighters are a race of mortal elves that have joined the humans. they have deadly accurate feathered shafts.
New HUMAN fighter types
Siege Engineers: this person builds and operates siege weapons such as catapults, rams, ballistas, etc.
Blacksmith: this fighter is not very well trained, but makes his own weapons and can fix broken ones
Dragon Tamer: Owner and tamer of dragons, but can only have one dragon. Good at fighting, and can only do simple spells of the same type of dragon they have. NOTICE! only a very limited amount of this type can be allowed, and if i do a first come first serve way of having this type, it would not be fair for later people who join. If you wish to join this class, PM me about why you should be this class, and it must appeal to me well. I might have to pull this type out of the game later, because of the complications.

THE REAPER'S WARRIORS
Skeleton Warrior: this warrior is the backbone of the Reaper's army. because of the many years as a warrior in life, he is an excellent warrior in death. Great fighting ability and good shadow armor. Hard to "kill" because it is already dead
Skeleton Sorceror: Deadly wizard. servant of dark magic, and a veteran in his abilities. knows amazing spells, and excells at killing the living
NEW REAPER'S WARRIORS
Skeleton Archer: this fighter has a quiver full of deadly bone arrows, and a bone bow. just like his skeleton buddies, he is hard to kill. a skilled elven archer when he was living, and trains his abilities further in death.
Reaper Serving Demon: Different from Dorrakullan's demons, these demons are empowered by the Reaper's magics, and are therefore stronger. although they are easier to kill than their skeleton comrades, they have a semi-magic resistant hides. they can also do simple dark magic spells, but mostly just use it to make bones sprout from the ground to make a barrier to protect them from an onslaught of warriors. Very strong hand to hand fighter.
Death Rider: just like the Dragon Tamers, these warriors own and tame a shadow spewing bird-like creatures, if you give me a good PM about why i should let you be one of this type, you will receive an answer with a yes or no. remember, this class might gt pulled from the game.

DORRAKULLAN'S HORDE
Demon: This type, unlike the Reaper's demons, is not empowered by magic, but has an enhanced hide that can withstand attacks more than the Reaper's, but more vulnerable to magic. Very strong hand to hand fighter. Also, it can breath short bursts of fire from its mouth.
Necromancer: This is a human-like wizard, but has been deformed by the dark magic it serves. This fighter can summon minor demons, and is not well armored.
NEW DORRAKULLAN'S HORDE
Half-Demon: this demon, which was once human, has chosen to serve Dorrakullan, but has only been granted a half-demon form. mostly used for long range combat, this fighter can shoot small fireballs from its hands that can go a fair distance.
Chomper: This demon is more of a berserk fighter, which, as you can probably tell by its name, mostly uses its exceptionally large teeth. It can do simple dark magic, and is bigger than most demons.
Demon Rider: this is just like the dragon tamer and death rider. this half-demon rides a flying demon, which spits fire from its mouth. the half demon shoots his fireballs from his hands like he normally would. just like the others, PM me the same thing. and remember, this class might get pulled from the game.

if there are any other classes u would like me to have let me know
alrite guys, post away! {Note! if you wish to be a Dragon Tamer, Death Rider, or Demon Rider PM me why you should be one of the class and stuff like that. These classes may be taken away because of the complications}

The only way to have a friend is to be one. Now that's what I call good advice!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 11:46 PM
Hugh Jass is currently offline Click here to Send Hugh Jass a Private Message Find more posts by Hugh Jass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hugh Jass
Exhibit A

Loyalty:Human
Name: Arnokulus the Warrior
Fighter type: Dragon Tamer
Weapons: Single-handed long sword, enchanted by his dragon with some strange effect to summon his dragon named Arsingo, shield, longbow and arrows
Description: Shaggy blonde hair, battle-scarred face and body, about 6 feet tall. Arnokulus is normally quiet, until a battle comes. His dragon is a large red fire dragon.
Backround story: Rumor has it that Arnokulus was a wanderer, looking for people who needed his fighting skills. When he found a demon scouting in the woodlands, he slew it and headed for the capital city of Mallinor. He has rallied up as many fighters as he could and has created a resistance of humans against the demons. A wise wizard had told him of the Grim Reaper and Dorrakullan, and Arnokulus will stop at nothing to save humanity.
Type of magic: His dragon is a fire dragon

Last edited by Hugh Jass on Apr 21st, 2006 at 12:05 AM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 11:58 PM
Hugh Jass is currently offline Click here to Send Hugh Jass a Private Message Find more posts by Hugh Jass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
At god
The Terminator

Loyalty (Dorrakullan, Grim Reaper, Human): Human
Name: Jackson Bryant
Fighter type: Knight
Weapons (don't overdo it): Flameberge- A weapon that has been passed down to his family for generations it is a strangly forged with fire and metal. The metal glows red and it's blade is scorching hot
Description (include appearance and way you act): He has red spiky hair with light handsome face he also has a battle scar on his left cheek. His armor basic color is black and the trim is red his cape is all natural grey.

Personality: Silent and quiet at times but he is nice all around the edges also dead serious in battle and giving orders to his fellow knights

Backround story: His family has been killed since when he was a child by bunch of undeads but he manged to survive. But one of them found Jackson and shot a arrow on his arm he fell to the river but luckly someone saved his life but it was a royal family of knights that did it. He got trained in the ways of the knight that his new family thought him then after he became 20 Jackson became a commander knight.

Last edited by At god on Apr 21st, 2006 at 12:08 AM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 11:59 PM
At god is currently offline Click here to Send At god a Private Message Find more posts by At god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hugh Jass
Exhibit A

(( At god, the type of magic is only if ur class is wizard or mage))

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:07 AM
At god
The Terminator

((Oh my bad big grin))

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:08 AM
At god is currently offline Click here to Send At god a Private Message Find more posts by At god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hugh Jass
Exhibit A

Arnokulus looked over the human army. Some wizards were practicing their magic with each other, the archers doing target practice, and knights swordfighting to enhance their skills. "Some, obviously, are better than others, "he said to Arsingo, who nodded. "I'm not sure if they are yet ready to go into battle. Should we send them through the trials?" Arsingo looked at the army too, he turned to Arnokulus and said, "Perhaps, but that might lower our numbers greatly." The wise voice of the dragon made Arnokulus reconsider his thought. "But if we don't see who will be able to fight well enough the demons and skeletons will decrease them." Arsingo looked to the sky, a flock of birds flew overhead, "But remember Arnokulus, we are not to go into full-on war, until we have the numbers, we must remain a guerilla force." Arnokulus nodded at the statement and hopped on Arsingo's back, "Let's get a better view of them shall we?" Arsingo, with a few great flaps of his wings, was up in the air in a jiffy and he flew over the army's heads.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:16 AM
Sasuke Uchiha
NoyauDur Zombie Pupitreur

Loyalty (Dorrakullan, Grim Reaper, Human): Reaper
Name: T'al Nasnada
Fighter type: Skeleton Archer
Weapons (don't overdo it): Skeleton bow, skeletal arrows, two bown daggers, fists.
Description (include appearance and way you act): T'al wore a cloke like the Reaper's, obscuring his face from view. Hishands and feet the only way to tell if he was a skeleton, other than his weapons. He is commanding, and has stayed by the Reaper's side since the fall of Dorrakullan. He is very stubborn, but is skilled with his bow and deadly fast in close combat, though he tries to remain away.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:21 AM
Sasuke Uchiha is currently offline Click here to Send Sasuke Uchiha a Private Message Find more posts by Sasuke Uchiha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
At god
The Terminator

Jackson Bryant came out of the gate all knights saluted at Jackson "................" He looked at the knights "Alright show me what you got so far.." Jackson said he drew his Flameberge. One of the knights came up forward "I'll battle you" Knight said "Then don't just stand there come with a powerful strike!" Jackson yelled Knight came at charging at Jackson. He blocked the blade with his flameberge the challenger knight's sword went red then the knight let go of his blade "Ahhh! It burns!!" Knight yelled and fell to the ground. "Anyone else?" Jackson asked and knights feared his blade "I guess no more..Keep going lads!" Jackson yelled and went for a walk.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:25 AM
Sasuke Uchiha

T'al sat in his quarters, the other archers that were under his command eating and resting. "The days battle has been won, but we must continue! M'lord Reaper has to understand the consequinces if I just let my men sit here and grow skin again!" He slammed his fist on the table and one of his tacticians came forth. "M'lord T'al, I devise away to strike the humans first, and if we come upon any of his warriors on the way, slaughter them." T'al shook his head. "Dorra will have troops moving in as we speak, seeing as how we won. We must prepare for the coming battle, and if it doesnt come, we strike the humans." The tactician nodded and bowed, walking back to the outside.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:30 AM
Sasuke Uchiha is currently offline Click here to Send Sasuke Uchiha a Private Message Find more posts by Sasuke Uchiha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hugh Jass
Exhibit A

((nice hacker, ur in))

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:30 AM
Sasuke Uchiha

(Thanks. Brb grandparents are being uber-assholes.)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:33 AM
At god
The Terminator

((Lol...my dad is a *******))

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:34 AM
Hugh Jass
Exhibit A

((alrite guys remember, i will decide when big battles and other stuff occur.))
Arnokulus looked at the newly forged weapons near the blacksmiths. He picked up a sword and balanced it. "Nicely done, keep up the good work." A dragon breathed into the forge and flames spurted out of the grate.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:35 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

(At God um.....this is like middle ages Jackson Bryant isnt very middle agey ya know)
loyalty:human
Name: Drath the dark
fighter type: Mage
weapon(s): Long wooden staff, long sword, and a bit of magic
Appearance: Tall, he has a black coat and pointed hat, Also he has a long beard and a bit of hair it is gray. Rides a black horse

personality: though his name says dark he is a cheery guy but once you get on his bad side it is never a pretty sight he doesnt have a short temper but is very unforgiving to his foes

background: Drath was a born warrior his family suffered a horrid death when their home was burned down by huns. He was found wandering streets by a wizard. He brought him up teaching him to fight and use powers Drath was more involved in weaponry then magic so he became a mage instead but still has masterful magic skills but they pale in comparison to his fighting ability.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:37 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hugh Jass
Exhibit A

((what type of magic r u FG725?))

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:41 AM
Hugh Jass
Exhibit A

((also guys, my computer is being an ass hat so sry if i do late posts))

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:44 AM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Drath rode across a wide valley. His horse stopped. He stepped off of it and patted its head. "To think this will all be but a vague memory in time," Drath said with his head tilted down. He put his staff's tip to the ground and it began to spread open a small bush slowly grew into a large one bearing some blackberries. "Ah food for the trip back," He said. He picked them and put them into his pouch. He grabbed onto the horses back and lifted himself up mounting back on top of it. "Come move quickly the enemy will not wait," Drath said. He kicked his foot into the horses side and it sped off heading towards the fortress.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:46 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

(oh sorry missed that part what types are there?)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 12:47 AM
Sasuke Uchiha

T'al walked to the tent and spread the slit open. He archers gazed at him, some ready to stand and salute, but raised a hand, "At ease." He said, and they were a bit more comfortable, but continued to look at him. "We must march! It has been three days since batteling Dorra's horde, and none else have come! We march to the gates of the Human world. Prepare yourselves. I allow one night of rest, while I contact the Lord and my commanders." He dissapeared back into the tent, leaving the soldiers to finish in his wake.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 01:00 AM
Hugh Jass
Exhibit A

((well by the look of ur last post u would b an earth mage cuz u made that blackberry bush. but there are fire, water, ice, light, earth, and storm))

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 01:02 AM