KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 - Residual Self Image

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 - Residual Self Image
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 - Residual Self Image

Hello! I'm not Ush, obviously, but it's relevant to his Matrix RPG.

For those of you that don't know me, I play Ares, Hacker/Gunner, and have been playing most of Ush's RPGs on KMC since 2001.

Now, the purpose of this thread is simple: Residual Self Image (RSI).

"The plugs in your arms and head are gone. Your hair has changed. Your appearance now is what we call residual self image."

If you don't know what RSI is, it is an image of yourself projected into the Matrix. You're obviously not going to want to prance around the Matrix in your tattered Zion uniforms. Not at all stylish!

The average Matrix vibe is sleek shades and long trench coats, but you don't have to. Take into account that Neo, when wearing the trench coat in The Matrix, was packing a fair bit of "metal items," enough to blow away a full SWAT team and then some. However, Trinity, who normally goes without a trench coat, can easily pull at least one or two guns out of somewhere.

So, that being said, what is everyone wearing? Be as descriptive as possible. For example...

Ares is a Gunner, and so needs to hide all that hardware. Over a pair of camo army pants and a white sleeveless top, he wears a floor-length camo trench coat. He is unshaved and has short wavy hair, wearing a pair of large sunglasses (not Aviators, though). He wears combat boots as well. Underneath the trench coat he has numerous holsters for his machine pistols.

Also, if you were in the previous Matrix RPG 2003/2004, then detail out your outfit from then, if there's been any changes from then to now.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 12:42 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I could waste a lot of words trying to explain it all, but why do that when I can fake 1000 instantly? stick out tongue

Hawk's RSI

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 12:48 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Balder has a full beard, mustache included. His real defining mark is a slash across his neck from an incident he tells no one about. He wears a dark grey sweatshirt and a short leather jacket. When armed, he wears a brown trenchcoat to hide his shotgun and a pistol holster reminiscent of old detectives movies, with a .44 Magnum in the holster sitting under his right arm.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 12:56 AM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors is completely cleanshaven, including his head. Unlike his player, he's African American, just for the Morpheus-like vibe. His outfit is a long black trench coat, leather, like Morpheus' coat but smooth. Underneath, he wears a black dress shirt and black dress pants, with a red-and-gold silk vest. At his belt is the sheath to his katana, a replica of the one he has in the Real World. His shades are round.

Attachment: mors.jpg
This has been downloaded 112 time(s).

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 01:02 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Klez is actually a clone replica of Sean Connery as James Bond in his white tuxedo. Though, might have to change the tux jacket to a white trench coat, for the purpose of hiding guns, unless I do as Trinity does and pull those things out of nowhere.

Attachment: klez.jpg
This has been downloaded 100 time(s).

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 01:10 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Burn I have decided, is Johnny Depp.
With longer dark hair, Not quite shoulder length though.
He wears a long Trenchcoat because he likes the way it swooshes. He also wears black jeans and an old Rock t-shirt, Some times AC\DC or Powerman 5000
He also is continually wearing an ipod with black earbuds in the matrix, and wears mirrored Aviator style Sunglasses.
His guns are strapped inside his trenchcoat, unless its a shotgun or an assault rifle, which he wears on his back.
He also has a constant, half crooked slightly insane smile...

I'm going with the fact that its how he's allways been.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 02:16 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

As an add-on to my description of Ares, he now wears a golf cap, which is black.

(please log in to view the image)

Similar, but not the right color.

He is also played by Tom Cruise.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 02:33 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Z0mg zee Tom Cruise eek!

Well if your guy splayed by Tom Cruise, I call Samuel L Jackson.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 02:39 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Falcon is going in wearing an average white T-Shirt, but over it he's wearing a black nylon vest that he conceals his Uzi's in. For his bottom half he's wearing a pair of faded black denim painters jeans (The ones with The loopholes in them to carry tools) Which he has his SMG's attached to, along with a pair of black and whote Air Forces. He also wears a a pair of dark shades.

Falcon haircut is that of a fade, with a Falcon shaved into The back. He is 6'2, and has a slightly ripped look, though nothing in The Arnold category. He resembles Blade, I guess.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 02:47 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

San is Japanese, and she's pretty short (she's about 5'1", so really short). She has black hair that's about an inch or two shorter than shoulder-length, and is slightly wavy, and dark brown eyes. Inside the Matrix she wears a dark red sleeveless cheongsam-style shirt, black pants, and black boots that have low heels (about an inch). Since she doesn't really need to worry about hiding weapons, not to mention that the way she fights, it would simply get in the way, she doesn't bother with a trenchcoat. She wears a pair of small, thin oval-shaped sunglasses that have black frames and very dark red lenses. She looks the most like Utada Hikaru. Her weapons are twin tanto-style knives; the handles are stained a dark cherry color and are carved to look like there is a dragon wrapping around the handle.

(yeah...huge costume change for San here stick out tongue I decided her old one was boring, and considering that I was pretty much re-designing her in term of powers, figured I may as well in terms of her outfit as well)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Sep 7th, 2006 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 03:03 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Melis looks like Angelina Jolie, for starters. The shades are gunmetal gray, her hair is pulled back into a pony tail. Her outfit consists of a vivid green leather outfit that seems to consist of scales, like its alligator skin. Though not often, she will wear a green tweed trench coat that is the same color.

Her bo staff is intricately-carved with random designs, with gold metal tips.

Her twins butterfly knives are silver with bronze filligree that forms the shapes of cherry blossoms.

Nice trick.

Last edited by Vera21 on Sep 7th, 2006 at 03:09 AM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 03:07 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

(Why is everyone making their characters look like movie stars, only Depp would suit the matrix, not Connery and surely not Cruise... stick out tongue Where's your originality?)

Firewall, as you may or may not already know stands at 6'11", he is built like a muscular brick wall and appears to be around in his mid-thirties. In the Real World he wears a sleevless version of the standard Zion military shirt that has seen more than it's share of cuts and abrasions... Atop his head is usually either a Bandana or a ripped beanie, mainly because he tries to look more intimidating as he's such a nice guy that he's a magnet to being picked on, he can sometimes be seen practicing mean faces in the mirror when he shaves...

In the the Matrix, he's a completely different person; like when the nice guys get behind the wheel of a car. He is calm, precise and methodical, never leaves himself open and fights barehanded to conquer his foes in combat.

He wears a zoot-suit style black trench-coat with a crimson dress-shirt and matching tie, a black suit-vest overlays them both. Underneath that can be seen black suspenders that support his black dress-pants, combined with a pair of contrasting safety boots well over a foot long a piece tipped with white toes. Upon his short haired-head sits a small Fedora-Style Hat, overall giving him the look of a 1920's gangster save for his Dark Tanned-skin.

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 06:24 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Cloud is 6'4" he has blonde hair, blue eyes, and a small scar on his left temple as a memento from the last adventure. He wears black trousers, and black toe-capped shoes. He wears a Blue shirt, with a black trenchcoat (not a leather one anymore, but one like Mulder wears) Below this his two swords are cleverly consealled. The sunglasses are normal black sunglasses.

Here's something I whipped up quickly in Heromaker, I'm working on a sketch of him too.

Attachment: cloud copy.jpg
This has been downloaded 102 time(s).

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 07:40 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

PS. San sounds hot...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 08:26 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Heh!

The movie stars thing is just a tradition that evolved in my games, Aliies.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 11:29 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zomg, well...Guess what Allies? Larewnce Fishbourne, and Keanu Reeves would probably look excellent in the matrix.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 02:22 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Actually, I have a question about RSI's. If you've never been out of the Matrix, and thus never looked in a mirror, to allow your mind to envision what you look like, how come it looks the same as your real world body?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 02:32 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It doesn't- it looks the same as how you looked in The Matrix.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 02:38 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Yes, but how come the real world bodies are the same as the ones in the Matrix, theoretically you could look like someone completely different in the Matrix than you would in the real world.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 03:05 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because your mind seems to map itself onto your real world physiology- presumably that is to do with nerves.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2006 03:17 PM