KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » -A-P-R-D- The Academy of Psionic Research & Development ~Information & Sign-up Thread

-A-P-R-D- The Academy of Psionic Research & Development ~Information & Sign-up Thread
Started by: Aliies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

-A-P-R-D- The Academy of Psionic Research & Development ~Information & Sign-up Thread

In the near future of the twenty-second century, mankind broke off the attempts of extraterrestrial research and exploration, having charted and navigated the miriad of planets in the solar system, they had come to the conclusion that man was truly alone. The funding that once flowed into the cause for finding new territory ended, mankind was doomed to scratch a living on the home it had desolated over the generations since the discovery of fossil fuels and the deterioration of the ozone layer. Now with the black-fuel in severe-dwindling supply and the human population nearing the tens of billions, expansion and free land is difficult find as new methods of energy are discovered and fail to cope with the consumption requirements of such a population.

The ancient predjudices running between the different faiths and communities result in minor skirmishes on the civillian level, discrimination arises as the differing beliefs and cultures are divided by the governments to postpone violent encounters. As each generation is taught by one-another to hate and dispise the seperate communities, hostilities crept up to the point where military involvment becomes more severe than ever in recorded history. The violence eventually spreads as tension between individual nations and threats of retalliation if the resulting massacres are not stopped.

War... War never changes...

War was the result of the constant debates over land rights and migration, descrimination led to violecnce as countries begin to tear at one another as the cycle of hatred grows to uncontrollable levels.
Fear of an impending ice-age further add to the fires of wars as the larger powers of the Earth engage one another out of either frustration, tension and revenge. With the absolution of nuclear weapons and the mass requirements of nuclear power, the atomic weapons of old remained only in history, leading to the production and wide-spread use of biological warfare.

Europe is a desolate wasteland and the great plagues sparked by the warring nations spread frther and threaten all life upon the Earth. During the great stalemate of 2136, a new weapon is discovered; some of the children of the survivors from the wars since 2112 are born with strange mental characteristics believed spawned as a result of the developing immunities to the weapons of the previous generations.

These children are taken by the few remaining governments to unique military facilities dubbed by most to be the birthplace of the next breed of soldier. once such facility located in the former Republic of America, The Academy of Psionic Research & Development [A-P-R-D] Promising to turn the tides of the the great war and finally bring peace to the remaining two billion population...

In this Role-Play by Aliies (Me stick out tongue), the participants act out the characters of the myriad of conscripted students at the -A-P-R-D-, the story will begin where the next batch of new 'applicants' arrive for the first time, not used to the militarialistic regime of the academy. Here you will be forced to hone your abilities to one-day become a weapon of the government, a Psychic warrior of the New-American Empire.

As a beginning student, your powers will have no refinement or anny significant ability, if you did the government would've deemed you a threat and had you black-bagged. the student starting her are between the ages of nine and fourteen, the different types of abilities are divided into classes:

Telepathic:
One of the aims of academies such as the -A-P-R-D- is to create a soldier with abilities of Telepathy, the ability to manipulate the thoughts and images in the minds of others and to extract information through powerful or subtle use of their power.

Telekinetic:
Although one of the more favorited classes of the Academy, the Telekinetic is extremely rare, most psychic power focusses upon the connection between two minds by use of thought while the Telekinetic can apply their thoughts to innanimate objects to openly manipulate them. As rare as they are, it is possible to find one with a small trace of Telepathic power as well.

Super-Soldier:
Not all psychics use others to emphasize their power, there are those who have the mental strength to apply enhancements to themselves through conditioning, they can use this ability to increase their resistance to fatique or sprint faster than humanly possible and leap in a similar fashion. These are the sole focus of the academy as once fully trained as they see fit, they are the ultimate soldier...

The Deep-thinker:
Strategists, inventors and leaders. Unlike their counterparts, the 'Deep-Thinker' can be mistaken for a mundane civillian save for their incredible mental capacity. The Academy is forever watching these individuals as they can be the most dangerous schemers and have been known to cripple facilities like theirs from the inside by leading revolts through both student and trainer alike with mere words.

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Last edited by Aliies on Nov 1st, 2006 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 09:54 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

Name:Eva simone Jackson
Gift:Telekinetic/small telepathic~if ok~
Bio:After being born in an post war world Eva hard an bad up bring.Her mother was an junky,are dads an drug dealer.her older brother wo was 24 took care of her.

Attachment: emma-frost-3-burning-card.jpg
This has been downloaded 129 time(s).

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 02:53 AM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

Is that Emma frost? She doesn't look between the ages of 8 and 14 stick out tongue
I Love the outfit anyway... big grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 03:26 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

~i'm not about to find some kid pic and post it.i don't wacth the cartoons everyones so crazy over so i worked with what i hadsmile~

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 03:30 AM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

No, I just meant like a normal kid, imagine post-apocalyptic culture with slightly ragged and simple clothing, probably a smear of dirt across the face, that kind of thing... don't worry about it, but Like I said, a picture like that one is welcome due to the outfit stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 03:34 AM
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 03:36 AM
Shad0w_Frost

Name: Drake Furion
Gift: Super-Soldier/somewhat of a Deep-thinker *If thats allowed*
Appearance: White Skin, Has a Tribal tattoo design going across his upper back and on his shoulders. Also has a few random battle scars on his body.
He usually wears a Black Muscle shirt, A Scruffy looking Black leather jacket, and Blue Jeans. Always wears a necklace with a ring and a silver bullet on it. ( the ring was a gift from his mother and the silver bullet necklace was a gift from his father ).
Eyes: Icy Blue
Hair: Dark Brown
Bio: After being abandoned by his parents as a small child, Drake grew up on the streets and eventually fell in with a bad crowd. They taught him how to fight and survive...
He became a fighter for a type of underground fight club, in which the higher-ups (rich people/political figures) placed bets on which child was going to win...Drake was almost always the winner, he is a very good fighter, he is always sizing up all the people he sees....Looking for their weak spots and wondering if he could defeat them in battle.
One day an old Man was watching Drake fight and noticed great potential in him and sent him to the A-P-R-D to train him.

(( Is this ok? ))

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 06:39 PM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

Well, the old man wouldn't have given you the choice, he would just grab you, throw you onto a truck with the rest of the children he siezed that day and taken you back stick out tongue

I like the idea, he's in, but he would have to be half-S-S, half D-T, otherwise he'd be too powerful...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 03:16 AM
Shad0w_Frost

Name: Drake Furion
Gift: Super-Soldier
Appearance: White Skin, Has a Tribal tattoo design going across his upper back and on his shoulders. Also has a few random battle scars on his body.
He usually wears a Black Muscle shirt, A Scruffy looking Black leather jacket, and Blue Jeans. Always wears a necklace with a ring and a silver bullet on it. ( the ring was a gift from his mother and the silver bullet necklace was a gift from his father ).
Eyes: Icy Blue
Hair: Dark Brown
Bio: After being abandoned by his parents as a small child, Drake grew up on the streets and eventually fell in with a bad crowd. They taught him how to fight and survive...
He became a fighter for a type of underground fight club, in which the higher-ups (rich people/political figures) placed bets on which child was going to win...Drake was almost always the winner, he is a very good fighter, he is always sizing up all the people he sees....Looking for their weak spots and wondering if he could defeat them in battle.
One day an old Man was watching Drake fight and noticed great potential in him. After the Fight the old man had his team capture Drake and the sent him to the A-P-R-D
(( Ok I fixed it, and I decided to just be Full Super-Soldier)) cool

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 04:34 AM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Name: Jian Yuen Bai
Sex: Male
Gift: Super-soldier
Appearance: Though small in stature, Jian has an air of unmistakable power about him. At 4'9" his is average height for his age with light olive skin, dark asiatic eyes, short dark cropped hair, broad and somewhat sharp features throughout his appearance, he is in good shape despite the world he has grown up in.
Bio: Having survived a war torn China, Jian has constantly fought to survive and come out a winner much to the surprise of those around him.
Living with a large family of proud fighters, Jian has known barely any kindness and has been accustomed to pushing himself constantly just to make ends meet.

((Hope thats alright, I had this idea before I even saw Frosts...but if you want me to change anything let me know))

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 10:23 AM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TBJ
High

Name: John Wright
Gift: Deep Thinker
Appearance: Tanned Skin, Light Blue Eyes, Dirty Blond Hair
He wears a Large White Tee and ripped Blue Jeans.
Bio: John grew up in Australia, one of the countries less touched by the war than most. Knowing this, operatives from the American Empire investigated their schools, and found that John had amazing mental abilities. They hesitated capturing at first, worrying he would be too smart to control, but, in their desperation, they decided to, sending him to the APRD.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 05:42 PM
TBJ is currently offline Click here to Send TBJ a Private Message Find more posts by TBJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

That's four good characters so far, I'll try for another two or three before we start!
Of course, I'll be posting mine but in good time, I'm extraordinarily busy at present...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 08:03 AM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Hehe cool, cant wait to start

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 08:06 AM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

Now, sorry about the delay...

First, we'll start with the lecturers...

Name: Master Joch McIntyre
Classification: Master Telepathic
Appearance: A weathered old man with a perma-scowl of a face, his features are pot-marked by old war wounds and a slight mutation creeping up the left side of his neck where his skin has begun to scale slightly. he wears a rougish version of the matt-slate-grey APRD uniform with a sash of Tartan across his chest that dictates his clan from Scotland before they were wiped out.
Bio: Born and bred into the Celtic Armed Forces early on in the war, he has known freedom fighting all his life and finds that a militarialistic solution can be applied to everything in life without question nor exception.

Name: Ash Jacobs
Classification: Master Super-Soldier
Appearance: Once a beutiful woman disfigured by a rendering scar down her right eye and cheek with a white sunken eye in the socket under the wound. She is firmly built and is drabbed in the standard Slate-grey uniform of the Academy.
Bio: The only female master of the APRD and by far the most respected, Ashley Alanna Jacobs was one of the first Super-Soldiers used on the field, she is unmatched in hand to hand and has been known to be able to break a man's head off with a single movement and tear open the hatch of a tank...

Name: Damian Cormack
Classification: Master Telekinetic
Appearance: A slightly over-weight individual with a surly disposition of authority, his uniform is as his fellows save for the black tee and the Grey coat of the Academy is wrapped around his waist with grey suspenders holding up his trousers.
Bio: A survivor from the Australian wastes, Damian was shipped to the Empire after being discovered freedom-fighting using his Mental abilities, he can lift a tank with a single thought and hurl it like a pebble, or crush it like an aluminium can...

And noe the resident Apprentice;

Name: Michelle
Classification: Apprentice Telekinetic
Appearance: A regular late-teen girl with tanned skin and short pitch-black hair, she is dressed in quite a similar manner to her master but without the gut as she is slender and without muscle-tone.
Bio: No one knows where she came from, her master somehow aquired her as an orphaned-infant and has trained her ever since...

We should be ready to go soon! Sorry 'bout the wait!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 11:05 PM
Shad0w_Frost

Kool cool

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 11:28 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I'd just like to show an interest in this - I'll try and get a character up at some point, if that's okay. Just go on and start without me, though.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 12:22 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

You're more than welcome Trick smile You can join anytime...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 01:17 AM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Yay! We have 'elders'!

Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait XD

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 10:36 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Elders?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 11:56 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Older ppl...mentors and such hehe...nvm me, I'm high on sugar *swings on the railings*

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 12:00 PM