KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- Operation Samhain

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Operation Samhain
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Operation Samhain

OPERATION SAMHAIN

Holidays are not largely celebrated in Zion; in fact, the only celebration you ever expect to happen in this city is the end of the War with the Machines, and some of you may believe that it will never, ever happen even with the freeing of Neo.

But then again, the crews of the Shez and the Percy-that-was have the Dallas Factor.

Everyone who agreed to participate in the little scrimmage- some old faces and some new- is standing in the white endlessness of the Construct, waiting for the endless racks of guns to show up... and for Captain Dallas to jack in and explain what the hell this is all about. Sure enough, Dallas appears in his famous ten-gallon hat and gambler's jacket.

"Hi all. I'm gonna fill you in on what exactly y'all are gonna be doin.'

"For those of you that don't know..." (Dallas casts some wary glances at any Naturals in the group) "... this is the Construct. Unlike the Matrix, which we can't change, we can do whatever the Sam Hill we want with the Construct. So I've had good ol' Operator Finn of the... uh... Ishtar, write us up a scenario.

"So, the Matrix has ****ed up somehow and all the RSIs- Residual Self Images, for you newbs- have been all scrambled up. Total mayhem, yada yada. It tried to reboot itself or somethin' to recover the original RSIs... so... now everyone is a zombie. Programs, coppertops, everyone. Don't ask why. I just thought it'd be cool and that you thinky types would want an explanation.

"You're trapped in the Matrix and fighting tooth n' nail for survival. Kill every damn bastard zombie that comes at you or they'll eat ya. I'm having Finn start the difficulty off real low... but it only gets worse. Let's just say you should be glad that any damage you take in the Construct isn't serious business."

"Last man standing wins, kids."

Dallas gestures to the white expanse of the Constuct.

"And you're goin' in unarmed. All of you. Have fun!"

Dallas blinks out, and the grim, dark setting of Operation Samhain comes rushing in...

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 29th, 2010 at 04:12 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 04:08 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So! Let's go over a few things.

First off, welcome! It's been awhile since the Matrix RP has done anything, and this was a fun little idea I had. Ush does a little present of some sort for his Star Was playgroup every Christmas; I thought I'd pitch something appropriately festive for Halloween. Sadly, can't get everyone on board, but we've got a good amount of familiar faces, and some new ones!

RULES

Go HERE to refresh your memory on the Rules. They're very similar to the current Star Wars rules, but there are some small differences. Remember- you're not Jedi!

ROSTER

Let's look at the roster for this mission!

From the Scheherazade- Mors (Bart), Burn (Stefan), Hephaestus (Zink), Sirin (Brit), Hawk (Josh), and, of course, Ares.

From the Ishtar- San (Lana), Klez (Alk), Barbarossa (Barb), Cloud (Spike), Berserker (Newjak), and Melis (Vera).

From the new crowd- Fyodor (Devin), Europa (Bardock), and Corley (Ariell)!

Fifteen warriors of Zion, possibly a few more. Not bad!

Here's a reminder of what your loadout will look like in combat, with some modifications mainly for my benefit.

Name (C Pool/G Pool): Defense/Damage [Powers Powers Powers] [Points/Points]
Weapons (Ammo In/Ammo Total)

ZOMBIES & POINTS

BRAAAAAINS.

The waves of zombies you will be facing are essentially endless. They are starting off on a low level but will steadily increase in various factors. Just like Agents. They'll get faster, stronger, deadlier. You'll just need to keep pace! This is determined by my drawing of a Refresh card

You get points for killing them, but there are different difficulties and point assignments for how you kill a zombie. At the start, all Zombies will require only a success to kill! However, each part of their bodies is worth points:

Chest- 1 point
Head- 2 points
Melee- 3 points

The points are going to be used to buy weapons and other things as you move through the scenario! I will keep track of them for you, as well as what the zombies are set at.

CHEAT CODES

You'll find out what they are as you get to them...

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 29th, 2010 at 07:09 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 04:42 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So, it begins!

Our soldiers find themselves in a large, rectangular warehouse with what appears to be absolutely nothing in it.

Wait, no. There are a few Crates in the center of the warehouse. They are marked 'Ammunition' and 'Melee.'

It is bleak and gray and cement and dark inside of the warehouse, and it is dark outside too. You can see that through the barricaded doors that are scattered about the place. They are boarded over sparingly. Murky water is dripping in from pipes overhead and pooling on the ground. It is also very cold; you can all see your own breath.

There is a single door at one end of the warehouse

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 04:56 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Burn, hacking in.
Stretches and cracks his back...
"Ahh, Its been a while hasn't it gang? Well lets see what the good ol' boy left us to play with."
He strikes over and kicks open the Ammunition Crate.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 04:58 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"Zombies, though. I suppose I can't be surprised, it's Dallas..." San comments, going to inspect the contents of the melee box. She wants her knives, damnit.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:00 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:01 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Hawk walks over to the crates, ahead of San. "We're in for a long night, ladies and gents. This infestation is the worst we've ever seen, and..." he pauses, looking up and staring melodramatically into the distance of the far wall, "they can smell us. By the end of this night, only one side will be left... them... or us. And I sure as hell won't let it be them."

He knocks the Melee-labelled box open, obviously getting into the scenario with abandon.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:03 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"This is gonna be fun!"
Peering into the box
"Comeon....Daddy wants a shotgun..."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:04 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Also.
"Shut the hell up Hawk. I'm gonna have to revoke your movie privileges."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:04 AM
Peach
mordrem

"Someone watched too many bad horror movies as a kid..." San replies to Hawk.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:05 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"**** you both sideways, those movies were awesome." Hawk peers into the box, hoping for swords.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:06 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"I'll pass on you Hawk, but wouldn't limit it to sidewise for San...Gotta keep the option open for improvisation"

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:08 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Burn- the Ammo box is one of those heavy duty military deals, made of metal and shut with clasps. You unlock it and open it to find one light pistol and three clips of ammunition.

Hawk probably isn't too thrilled with the knife he finds. Someone else might be.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:09 AM
Peach
mordrem

"You know, you're starting to get a bit predictable, Burn," San comments.

...and she's stealing that knife from Hawk, damnit.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:10 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Hawk pulls it out of the box. "Well... this isn't much of a zombie-fighting weapon - Hey!" he shouts as San swipes it from him.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:11 AM
Peach
mordrem

"I'll be taking that, thanks...not as nice as the ones I normally use, but it'll work for now, I suppose," San says, looking over the small weapon and holding it away from Hawk so he can't swipe it back.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:12 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors will see if there is more to that Ammo box that just the pistol once Burn snatches them up.

"Interesting idea for a practice sim," Mors says, eyeing the dank warehouse. "Think this will be difficult?"

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Completly ignoring San, I pick up the pistol and hold it up to the light.
"Really. I mean, come on...."
Nevertheless he slaps a clip into, and pockets the other 2.

REXXXX
Networking

Already loaded!

Mors, you open the box again and... there's a light pistol and three clips of ammo. Huh.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:14 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Melis has no use for either a knife or a gun, but she will take a knife just in case. More for use as a tool than a weapon.

"I'm guessing this will be quite horrible," Melis says, smoothing out her green crocodile leather trench coat and adjusting her red-tinted shades.

Nice trick.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:18 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote